• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

One Year Anniversary of Lady Bastet's Death

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll keep this short because I still don't know what exactly to say about how I feel concerning the death of one of my best friends. What I will say, however, is that I was genuinely moved by the outpouring of support shown by players who all fondly remembered and miss Bastet. Her Twisted Wield memorial is a perfect tribute to her and I, as well as her many friends, frequently pause by it to reminiscence.

Mimi held a lovely memorial on Saturday to remember her and many attended, which filled my heart with joy knowing how many lives aside from mine that she had touched. We're hopeful for this to be a yearly memorial where we can all get together and share memories of her.

Luc was unable to attend on Saturday so her, I, and our shard's herder, Zath, got together to pay tribute to her in our own way. Luc decided to tame and release many Cu Sidhe's next to Bastet's memorial, while Zath made sure all the dogs behaved themselves. I took a picture and thought I'd share it with Legends.

bastet-edited-1.jpg

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That date also marks one year of my account activation.
A sad coincidence, for I never got to know Lady Bastet.
Given how many caring friends she had, I am sure we both would get along.

M

McNuge

A memorable event was held for Lady Phoenix last year to remember her by. Perhaps we could do the same for our beloved Lady Bastet?? Some of our usual events would be fun as well as one having to do with maybe the taming of Cu Sidhes or something of that nature. We could all wear blaze orange in rememberance. I'm 100% sure the McNuges would be willing to host at least one event and help in some of the administrative duties of holding such an event.

I was not a close friend of hers per say but I do remember having a few brief chats with her in-game. She was very friendly and kind. I too miss her presence amongst us here at Legends.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll keep this short because I still don't know what exactly to say about how I feel concerning the death of one of my best friends. What I will say, however, is that I was genuinely moved by the outpouring of support shown by players who all fondly remembered and miss Bastet. Her Twisted Wield memorial is a perfect tribute to her and I, as well as her many friends, frequently pause by it to reminiscence.

Mimi held a lovely memorial on Saturday to remember her and many attended, which filled my heart with joy knowing how many lives aside from mine that she had touched. We're hopeful for this to be a yearly memorial where we can all get together and share memories of her.

Luc was unable to attend on Saturday so her, I, and our shard's herder, Zath, got together to pay tribute to her in our own way. Luc decided to tame and release many Cu Sidhe's next to Bastet's memorial, while Zath made sure all the dogs behaved themselves. I took a picture and thought I'd share it with Legends.

View attachment 9770
Oh my god...She was a friend of mine. I remember when she was a new player. I've been so out of touch with my old UO friends that I had no idea. I don't know what to say. We were fairly close friends and I'm just shocked to see this news now, even if it is 'old' news.