one vs one ideas and poll

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What day of the week works better for next pvp event

• Wednesday night

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Thursday night

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Friday night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday night

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
I

Intoxication

I was getting ready to do the post for the next pvp event and realized there are a lot of things i am not sure on for this event.
I need some ideas so i would love the input to keep this as fair as it can be for everyone. like all of my events, i like them to be fair for as many people as possible. that being said, i know there are going to be unhappy people that do not like parts of the event. I'm used to that though.

Ok first off what day are we looking at here? i will most likely have people from other shards that will wanna compete in this event as well so i will check with them on the days too. would a week night or week end be better? any day of the week is fine for me really. i normally make these things for after i put the kids in bed.

I was thinking of making this one a more of a all goes type of thing due to all the rules i had at the last 1v1. that way i can kinda try to make those that were so upset about all the rules in the last one a little happier. that would mean all items aloud but i will still have to stick by no pets or summons and most likely no fields rules. So the question here is what rules do you guys think should be made for more of a all goes type event.

And the big thing that is going to make this hard on me.... STAT loss. this is going to be a pain. in my other pvp events i like to make them best 2 out of 3 because it is hard to prove you are better then your competitor with one round. now that everyone is factions this is going to make it very hard on me. I'll need some more ideas here on this one. i was thinking maybe more of a round robin type thing in the event so that maybe people will be out of stat by the time their next round comes. this will be hard at the end though when things move fast. more then likely i am going to have to do this so that people only get one shot. you die you are out.

so i would like some open input.
and please if you have no interest in pvp or this event do not put it down and post about it being dumb. i would like advice from the people that are going to be competing or that have a lot of knowledge of pvp.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
I didn't vote for a day for the event since I don't attend these events. But here are some things to consider: What did you do last time? Did it work? Were the participants happy with the event? Were you happy with the outcome? Did you do it for profit or for the spectical of the event. If you did it for profit, did you make a profit? These are question only you the designer of the event can decide.
Just some suggestions, non participants probably don't need to be snooped for contraband before, during or after the event. You could try an all of one type of weapon like swords only.
You do have to have some rules or one might as well just go to the yew gate for a free for all.

I

Intoxication

Well you see I pay out all the prize money from my bank and I do not ask people that come to pay anything. I have gotten about 5 mil in donations to help pay for the prizes but there is no way I do it for a profit. I have spent about 100-mil on these events with a 5-mil return. These events are for one reason, to bring fun to the shard and give me something fun to do with my gold.

As for did what we did last time work, well yes it worked because people were not in factions. Now we are looking at a problem because people will be in stat loss after they lose the first time making a 2 out or 3 pointless. I really feel that to judge who is a better fighter you need more then one round to prove it.

The rules for the last one worked out fine but I am now looking to open it up some for those that felt they could do better with pots and such. I do not want every event to be the same. They would just get boring if that happens and not give everyone a chance to shine.

There is no way to limit these events to weapon skills with the low number of people on this shard. I would do a mage only event but lets face it not many people like to run mages anymore, we would get a turn out of maybe 5 people.
Thank you very much for the input though.

As for snooping I only snooped those that were in the ring. We had to snoop people in the ring for the last 1v1 because there were a lot of items not aloud. I know I DID NOT snoop anyone out side of the ring. For one thing the walls I use in the ring cannot be snooped over, casted over, or heck you can’t even see in game chat over the walls. I used my red tamer Lost Soul to run the last event because I wasn’t sure how people would do at being good during the event. I wanted the dragon close by to take care of anyone getting out of place as fast as I could. Over all we were very happy with the way people on origin have been at all of the events. I am still not sure why there was that ONE person in the stands that seems to think I snooped their backpack over and over while trying to run the event myself. Not sure why I would even want to snoop people in the stands either. The character I was on did not have stealing. She didn't have snooping either but she was human giving me enough chance to snoop people if it tried over and over.

I

Intoxication

any more votes? I am going to decided by the end of today and make my post on the tourny.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 30, 2004
deco.girlgamer.net
I just want to make a side note:

If anyone was snooping anyone, at least in 2D you see a message at the bottom left of your screen saying "So and so is looking through so and so's backpack." Or text something to that gesture.

EVERYONE in the house sees it, not just the person being snooped from.

Personally, I don't attend the PVP events because I gave up PVPing 2 or 3 years after AOS came out. I have no desire to participate in such a highly item based competition where those who have -the- best items will win. It's not based on s kill or thought anymore, like the old GM weapon and armor days. It's based on items.

That...and the last time I played in fel for fun, I lost a lot of gold with insurance. Heh.

I'm still upset I missed the Tram Dungeon Run...but at the same time that steak dinner was nummy >.>
<.<

I

Intoxication

what you had steak and didn't bring me any. wth

that's it i want steak now.......