• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] One Kill Wonder?

H

Hrafn

Im musing about a temp that could serve well as a red killer at champ spawns and i have the following tought out:

Stealth 120
Hiding 100
Archery 115
Tactics 115
Animal Taming 100
Animal Lore 100
Chivalry 70
Tracking 20

probably will have som skill points to spare with hunters headdress and shadow leggings...
The plan is to stealth/hide, wait for a target, ball of pet summon (Greater Hiryu), bola the target to dismount, all kill and fire at will...

Anyone tried something like that before? If the temp could be improved in anyway i am all ears....maybe try to squeeze in 50 Ninjutsu so as to be able to use smoke bombs as a escape in case a chew over more than i can manage?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It now takes 3 seconds to summon a pet and is disruptable. I don't see that being effective in the slightest.

T

Turdnugget

With pet summon time... that template wont work.

If you're planning on archery why use a bola? It's not nearly as effective as a heavy crossbow dismount... not to mention people can easily run off screen before the bola hits unless you've got it pre-clicked and they never saw the "so and so begins to menacingly throw a bola". Plus with a heavyxbow you get the added damage from actually hitting them so they're already hurt when you put them on foot.

I don't think there is a viable template to pretty much one hit/kill someone that is effective.

Pet summoning ball takes too long to cast, by the time you have it cast the person is either running away, or you're more than half dead. And a hiryu wouldn't be the way to go... something that can cast spells would be better.

If I used just a physical attack creature on my archer/tamer, I wouldn't get nearly half the kills that I do. Thanks to the ******** pet casting system that's in place now, my pets cast while moving pretty much, and do it non-stop.

Even a non-speeder can outrun a physical damaging pet while on foot.

The only way you're idea would somewhat work is stealthing around with your pet already summoned... but then people would realize there must be a stealthing tamer around by the noticeable movements your pet would make.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer... but this idea smells like Mr. Hanky.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to do this with a mare/beetle when petballs were still worth while. Was fun and gay at the same time.

H

Hrafn

OiOi... Debbie Downer meets Hanky Panky...:D

Excellent point with the Heavy Xbow... havent played an archer for ages: have loads of catching up to do on this. And a relief to not have to bother with bolas...

3 seconds summon time seems to be the main argument against this tactic... but would not the surprise effect offset this somewhat? Suddenly someone just appearing from nowhere? And wont i be able to get off a dismount shot while the pet ball does its magick?

As for the greater Hiryu....it hits really hard, even with my peace tamer i often go ooOOOooo while taming them and then im very well prepared for what to come. Of course a greater dragon would be better, but a Hiryu you can mount and ride to get some more flexibility. I also tought that most people would think it was a lesser hiryu and underestimate it since it was owned by a dexxer??

T

Turdnugget

Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo... not Hanky Panky. Sorry....

Pet summon ball has a 3 second casting time. IE you can't be doing anything else and can get disrupted. So you can't get your dismount shot off since you're busy summoning.

The other issue w/the template, how do you expect to heal? If you plan on using chivalry, you're gonna be effected quite a bit as you'll need at least 2 FC for it to be somewhat useful and help get you outta bad situations.

If you were to use a bola to dismount, it'll take even longer to kill someone. You see, when the bola goes off, your weapon will disarm, then you get to wait for the weapon to register that its equipped now.

I'd personally rethink the template...it's got lots of issues with it. 1v1 it's hard to find a template to '1hit' kill someone while having stealth too... for the suprise effect.

It's just that having to actually summon a pet is going to hurt your chances of killing the person fast.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd personally rethink the template...it's got lots of issues with it. 1v1 it's hard to find a template to '1hit' kill someone while having stealth too... for the suprise effect.

It's just that having to actually summon a pet is going to hurt your chances of killing the person fast.
Yeah good point. To the OP...you are just better off with a straight archer/tamer PvP setup or just a straight up PvP archer setup. Is even better to just be a stealth archer PvPer then said scenario. Then again, death strike is not effective any more on a stealth archer either.

Is better just to have an archer and if you wanted stealth to add some other skills on it to cap out on damage. Not to mention adding heavy hitting weaponry.