• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] One for the Command/UI Wizs.. (relative target)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so Let me try and get to the bottom of this, it has got to be possible to make a relative target.

in ui and command options there got to be your avatars coordinates in X n Y somewhere, yes?

so, it should be possible to created a stored target (coordinated) then subtract your avatars coordinates. thus giving you the x/Y relative of your char.

THEN

using this X/Y for your char, adding to your current position each time to wish to use this feature.

Please tell me it is possible!

I got no idea how this work, but ... i hope it can work :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so Let me try and get to the bottom of this, it has got to be possible to make a relative target.

in ui and command options there got to be your avatars coordinates in X n Y somewhere, yes?

so, it should be possible to created a stored target (coordinated) then subtract your avatars coordinates. thus giving you the x/Y relative of your char.

THEN

using this X/Y for your char, adding to your current position each time to wish to use this feature.

Please tell me it is possible!

I got no idea how this work, but ... i hope it can work :)
can't be done...
target stored stores only the target ID not location :(

If it was possible I had this feature months ago :D

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can't be done...
target stored stores only the target ID not location :(
Bad Mythic...

its pretty ironic that there are 1001 ways to target but nothing that is even remotely similar to relative target :D

last target is also id i guess, even when tiles?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bad Mythic...

its pretty ironic that there are 1001 ways to target but nothing that is even remotely similar to relative target :D

last target is also id i guess, even when tiles?
the target on the ground is managed inside the client and you can't read the values...

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bleh...

and suppose there is no system to the ids either?

PS: i tried launching EC with assist, with result that they both crashed :D just in case someone in wondering the same thing :) (NO, i did not expect that to work, but none the less....)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mobiles don't carry the location in a public variable :(

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mobiles don't carry the location in a public variable :(
i wasnt speaking of mobiles, but of tiles. as in fishing for example.

Alternativly, is there a "Tile Type" in a public variable? (such as water) or would it be possible to optain a "Group ID" / "Tile Type ID" for this? for use in static target type function?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wasnt speaking of mobiles, but of tiles. as in fishing for example.

Alternativly, is there a "Tile Type" in a public variable? (such as water)
do not exist an id for the ground...
the ground is just an x/y location and the server determines if is a valid target...

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do not exist an id for the ground...
the ground is just an x/y location and the server determines if is a valid target...
thats not what you said before, please read my original post again..

PS: by stored target i ment not neseserelly stored in the default targeting system, but could be a modified last target via UI/Command

PPS: keep in mind i got no idea what i am talking about :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats not what you said before, please read my original post again..

PS: by stored target i ment not neseserelly stored in the default targeting system, but could be a modified last target via UI/Command

PPS: keep in mind i got no idea what i am talking about :p
the client send the coordinates but you can't read it by script...

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with uoassist you can make a macro to target relative target. this allows you to make a macro with the script to cast teleport then cast on self. if you are in a building with a flat surface above you it will teleport you through the floor.

kind of like you can target the roof out side of a building then walk into that building and cast teleport, last target and it will pop you through the roof. so if target relative can be used in UO assist to pop you straight up with out getting a target first maybe you can find a way for this to work in EC as well.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with uoassist you can make a macro to target relative target. this allows you to make a macro with the script to cast teleport then cast on self. if you are in a building with a flat surface above you it will teleport you through the floor.

kind of like you can target the roof out side of a building then walk into that building and cast teleport, last target and it will pop you through the roof. so if target relative can be used in UO assist to pop you straight up with out getting a target first maybe you can find a way for this to work in EC as well.
uo assist works on the memory stream of the client thing that is basically illegal if not approved by EA.
If we want to be totally illegal let's decompile the client so we can do everything :lol:

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with uo cartographer you can get a position read of your character. Can't you use that to target 3 tiles right or left of where you are standing? can't you use that as a reference point, or is that illegal too?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with uo cartographer you can get a position read of your character. Can't you use that to target 3 tiles right or left of where you are standing? can't you use that as a reference point, or is that illegal too?
the character coordinates are readable, but you can't send the target with coordinates, you can't send the target info at all...
you can simply request the target cursor but you can't the target data to the server.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks pinco for clarifying this.

i do hope tho they will add this when they start working on EC some more (like they promised)