• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

one annoying thing i would like changed..

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when im crafting and i purchase some tools from an npc or make the tools why cant they have set amount of uses?

say npc bought 70, gm player made 200?

it sucks when i get a bunch and they have like 20, 34, 54, 22, 45, 53
they all cost the same and they weigh me down :(

either that or make them combinable.. so if you buy 5 kits, they stack and have all the uses added up.

S

Sir Kenga

I never even thought about it, neither want to change a thing here.

T

trammelite

me too thinks it is ok as it is. isn't most of the fun that you never know what exactly you get, no matter it it is loot, purchased tools durability or tamed critters ? the frown when yot get crap, the joy when receiving an uber item ?
at least for me, it is, but i am

P

pavel.vesely

Well, if you want all tools to have same number of uses, start mining and you can buy all showels and pickaxes with 50 uses each.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea of stackable tools like that. I believe that's the way they have coded lockpicks now, so I don't think it woould need to be that long a process, no need for new artwork, just use the art for the single tool, but stack the uses...as well as the weight...la

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When i did bods, i had a uoa macro for make last x 14,make last x9 and make last x19. this way i could make one of the bod item, then as long as my macros were set for the tool, it would make the rest for me.

it was super annoying to have to make 12 manually cuase i didnt notice my tool only had 3 uses left when i started.

i am all for this change. 100%

P

Pasquinade

I sorta agree...sorta, I would like more uses on GM made tools.
My tinker makes my smithy, cooking, sewing, and scribing tools, and the uses are screwy. My Scribe's Pens and Skillets usually have 190 plus uses, but I get 60 use hammer and sewing kits alot. At GM, my character should produce better!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When i did bods, i had a uoa macro for make last x 14,make last x9 and make last x19. this way i could make one of the bod item, then as long as my macros were set for the tool, it would make the rest for me.

it was super annoying to have to make 12 manually cuase i didnt notice my tool only had 3 uses left when i started.

i am all for this change. 100%
If you double click a new tool when you wear one out (while your macro is running) it will continue working with the new tool. I do it all the time.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

If you double click a new tool when you wear one out (while your macro is running) it will continue working with the new tool. I do it all the time.

Everyone is messed up here. When you use UOA to run a macro, change the "use item" to "use item type" and it will automatically find any tool of that kind in your bag. Sometimes there is a short pause between the two, but it will find the tool if you have another one.

It is annoying that certain items have such a low amount of uses. Go ask a blacksmith when the last time was he wore out a hammer or tongs. Sewing kits I can kind of understand. You would think that they would run out of thread, but the needles have a lot of life in them.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone is messed up here. When you use UOA to run a macro, change the "use item" to "use item type" and it will automatically find any tool of that kind in your bag. Sometimes there is a short pause between the two, but it will find the tool if you have another one.
I always set my macro to use item type, but if the macro looks like this

Use item type
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last

And my tool breaks halfway though the macro, I can either stop and re-start the whole macro, or just double click another tool in my bag, and the macro will pick right up where it left off. I only have it select a tool at the beginning of all my macro's, mainly because I don't take that much time setting them up in the first place.

X

xStrikerx

I'd like the ability to have items bought from a vendor to go to a bag of my choice rather than scatter all over my main pack.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How about crafting tools with a GM Tinker and getting an Exceptional Quality tool that has LESS CHARGES than a normal store-bought one?

C

Calla Lily

You could buy them from vendors like mine that sell 5-packs of high-use tools :D They sell out a lot, and I keep all the lower use tools for my own use.

M

Millie

How about crafting tools with a GM Tinker and getting an Exceptional Quality tool that has LESS CHARGES than a normal store-bought one?
Ya this one annoys me. The charges do not bug me so much , but I have to admit it would be nice to have stackable tools. Theres nothing like being in a hurry and you have to take 30 sewing kits off of you.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always set my macro to use item type, but if the macro looks like this

Use item type
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last
make last

And my tool breaks halfway though the macro, I can either stop and re-start the whole macro, or just double click another tool in my bag, and the macro will pick right up where it left off. I only have it select a tool at the beginning of all my macro's, mainly because I don't take that much time setting them up in the first place.
Or you can have your UOA macro set like this :

Use item type
make last
Use item type
make last
Use item type
make last
Use item type
make last
Use item type
make last

This way it will never break when a tool is broken, provided you have other tools in your backpack.

A

Aboo

Every once in a while the "use item type" is greyed out to me and I can't choose it. I have never figured out any pattern as to when it is like this. Does anyone have a clue why this might be happen occasionally?

L

Loqucious

Annoying true, but I think it makes the game more interesting and realistic.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Don't use "make last". That is your problem.

When you record the macro record it in this manner.

After you hit "Record" double click the tool you want to use. Make your way through the gump to the item you want and create the item, then stop recording.

You will probably have multiple menu selections when you are done.

Your macro should look like this,

Use Item
Menu Selection
Menu Selection

Change "Use Item" to "Use Item Type".
Delete all of the menu selections except the last one.
Put in your pause.

Your macro should now look like this,

Use Item Type
Menu Selection (this selection will actually be last one you made to make the item)
Pause 2000 (or whatever your pause should be set at)

Voila! You should never have to double click on any of the tools you use.

I use this macro for tinkering, blacksmithy, fletching, inscription, tailoring, or anything else that is a tool and has menu selections.

I know you can't do this with musical instruments because the system doesn't recognize them as an item type, like it does with tools. Those you have to double click as you are working.

:D

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you can have your UOA macro set like this :

Use item type
make last
Use item type
make last
Use item type
make last
Use item type
make last
Use item type
make last

This way it will never break when a tool is broken, provided you have other tools in your backpack.
This would not work for me for 2 reasons.

1) I'm too lazy to bother setting that up like that. It's quicker to hit record, then select my tool, and hit make last 15-20 times.

2) My crafting macro is used for multiple skills. It's very convenient for me to use the use item type once, that way I can change it between smithing tools, sewing kits, fletching tools, & carpentry tools easily when needed. (This is also the same reason my macro is listed just as make last and not picking an actual item to make each time.)