• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OMG!!! You could die of old age.......

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....Waiting for a dang GM!!!

Okay here's the 4-1-1: My sis and some friends were doing the Blackrock Golems. They invited me to join the just before I got there this punk started luring on them. When I got there he lured on the group 4 more times. So I paged on him. This was at 3:18 pm CST. At 6:30CST I finally got a canned anwser from a GM.

Hey Cal have ya'll ever considered hiring some of us schmucks and schmoes that play UO as parttime in game help? With today technology there's no reason we couldn't work remotely. Honestly guys Wal-mart's got better customer service than ya'll and everyone knows Wal-mart BLOWS!

C

canary

I honestly issue a challenge to you of creating a thread that is topical, informative and constructive. In other words, not something that belongs instantly in Rants and Spiels.

The gauntlet has been cast.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly issue a challenge to you of creating a thread that is topical, informative and constructive. In other words, not something that belongs instantly in Rants and Spiels.

Okay. Fine. I challenge you to stand there and let some jackass lure 4-5 blackrock golem on you 4 times and NOT get the least bit angry.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:popcorn:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure the other player simply got over his head with a golem and just happened to run in a direction that you happened to be in, simple. It happened again and again. Amazingly enough the last time he tried to solo one it got a little rough so he had to make a exit to the left which was where your party just happened to move to....sad but true.

H

Heartseeker

Agreed.....One of your best posts.:thumbup:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yawn. Old news. Nothing new. Infact, this thread = :bdh:

However, I wouldn't expect any other type of thread from you. Always some kind of rant from you. So much to the point where I really wonder why you even still play this game. If this game really makes you rage so much you should really quit and go elsewhere.

T

Tinsil

I usually get GM responses pretty fast, when needed.

Maybe you're just annoying.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow!! Ain't I the special one 7 trolls in ONE night!! So Petra do I get an Eggroll with 12?

I pay EA 12.99 a month x 6 with that I reserve the right to pancake AND moan when the customer service stinks!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure you have the right. But you do it so damn much many of us here get so tired of your endless pancakes. We get the point, you hate the game you pay to play.

Fresley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When everyone in the room seems like a problem; they may not be the problem.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you ask the other player to stop?
Are you sure that Picus' explanation isn't in fact the case?
Did you move to a different area?

I believe the GMs won't take action unless you've taken some measures to resolve the situation yourself. Those are the instructions in case of harrassment.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you ask the other player to stop?.
Yes, there were 5 people in our group including me we all tried to talk to him he flat refused to respond to any of us. Heck we tried to get someone in his guild to talk to him and that blew up in our faces.

It is possible but he'd been fight off boats. We were fighting on Land with Great Dragons 2 screens away.

LOL No, well we were all dead except one and that one was trying to rez us all the rest. After B. was rezzed she said heck with this and left. S., Luc and I were trying to get to our bodies. Once we did all that we all left.

I believe the GMs won't take action unless you've taken some measures to resolve the situation yourself. Those are the instructions in case of harrassment.
I know the drill but everytime UO has EVER had a critter dropping *Special* loot greifing happens like crazy. People go all "Daffy Duck" crazy over the spawn.

*Daffy Duck crazy-like daffy in the cartoon doing hand springs and yelling woohoo.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you ask the other player to stop?

Only time a GM will take action is if the one who lured uses invis on themselves. then gets the one who they lured on killed, and the one who lured recalls out without saying sorry, and helping the one they got killed by rezzing them.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:( an unfortunate situation, and I agree the right action was taken in game.

Sadly players as GMs has many pitfalls, they have been used in the past with unfortunate results.

As a hypothetical example. What would have happened if the GM who turned up was in the same guild as the lurer?

I'm pretty sure everyone would agree that the GM service is less than optimal, but I don't see it improving until the general world economy picks up, or until folk stop paging for stuff they could easily fix themselves, leaving the GMs more time to deal with situations a player can not handle alone. :(

Ranting here doesn't really do much, it isn't the CS folk we reach. A negative GM review from each character who was there might.
Here's the link for that: My Notification Requests

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I disagree.

The issue raised up is all there, I have heard several players lamenting this, also in general chat.

More than once I have noticed other players lamenting of others luring a number of Blackrock Golems onto where someone was fighting one. Clearly, this mass of Golems disrupts the ongoing fight.

Last I knew, luring in Trammel is a bannable offense that deserves immediate action from a Game Master.

I think we have a problem, paying customers are being interrupted by other players in their game play and this, absolutely needs and requires customer assistance.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad you can't just kill people when they are being jerks...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I've got to agree with Jirel this time. If she tried her best to rectify the situation in game, but the offending player expressly refused to stop, the offender is guilty of physical harassment, per the game's ToS. Intentionally luring mobs onto other players is, indeed, bannable. And we can all agree that GMs take an extremely long time to respond to pages.

tl;dnr: Excessive complaining can become exasperating, but this doesn't change the fact that offending player was wrong and that GM response time is poor.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure everyone would agree that the GM service is less than optimal, ...
Petra! :lol: That's got to be the biggest understatement since the beginning of time! :)

Any brick & mortor business that gave customer service like UO customers receive would be out of business within a week.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Petra! :lol: That's got to be the biggest understatement since the beginning of time! :)

Any brick & mortor business that gave customer service like UO customers receive would be out of business within a week.
They most certainly would not be out of business if people continued buying their goods just as you, me, and everyone else here does.

They would continue on just like they had been. Not caring because well, lets face it. They don't have to. We will continue to give them our money to play the game(buy the goods).

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find that much of the worst behavior in this game comes from the victims like jirel. They explode at any opportunity to tell people they're being victimized. I've seen folks explode on people that didn't speak english on NON-AMERICAN shards. The sad thing was, the nice german guy was desperately seeking help while "the victim" was busy cursing him out, paging a gm, and telling folks to ostracize him.

F

Fayled Dhreams

I find that much of the worst behavior in this game comes from the victims like jirel. They explode at any opportunity to tell people they're being victimized. I've seen folks explode on people that didn't speak english on NON-AMERICAN shards. The sad thing was, the nice german guy was desperately seeking help while "the victim" was busy cursing him out, paging a gm, and telling folks to ostracize him.
Heh! almost right ...

check it:

The worst behavior you see is merely Human Behavior.
nothing more
nothing less
Humans in a sandbox.

Apparently "age" has nothing to do with the "quality" of the imagination.
That IS what they are "creating" ... right?
I mean ...
fair to assume >they ARE doing their best< ... whatever ...
right?

What are they choosing TO DO?

certainly is not "improving humanity" ... now is it?

doodling on the internet ...
no matter how you cut it ...

it is all in all a time waster ...
and that IS how they chose to "spend it"

*shrugs*:party: