• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OMG How Rude

• Thread starter YellowRose5819
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Y

YellowRose5819

ok im newish but tonight i was at a shop and i lost server connection when i was able to getb backi on a roomie from the last shop i was at had a pm to me about how i was a bad person becouse i didnt clean up after my self and i was band from the property how rude.

F

festrmentmagnet

That's unfortunate.
Maybe you didn't need to do business there anyways.
Give some other stores a chance.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That's unfortunate.
Maybe you didn't need to do business there anyways.
Give some other stores a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't encountered anything that bad, which is surprising conisdering how often I error out and how I've talked about owners screaming at people to clean up their plates. I'm wicked, because since profanity isn't against the ToS after she told me I'd already been banned she'd have heard worse than the 'stop complaining about people cleaning up their plates, we'll tip extra!!!' that is usually my standard answer. What could she do worse than ban you since you were already banned?
Yes, I'm evil, I know.....just getting tired of that particular broken record.....either they want to entertain guests or they don't, and as has been said about stores before, it's not even NECESSARY to have greening stuff on the lot, so in doing so they are just asking for a headache and shouldn't complain when they get one.

Sorry that happened to you, but as fester says it's probably a good thing that you can't throw business in their direction again buying stuff there after they did that to you, forgetting which lot it was.

I

imported_debslee

*takes off mod had* - I would have told them that you would supply the hammer, the nails, and the wood for them to build a bridge and get over it.....

Take your business elsewhere, they dont deserve you as a customer!

*Puts mod hat back on*

Y

YellowRose5819

I Know, im a good custormer ,i just lost server connection thats not my fault i do have some money to spend . but not there

I

imported_rpsky3

I am so sorry that happened to you. i would agree with the rest of them and say go elsewhere. i have a store in ealand and it is just heartbreaking of the stories we hear at our store as to how rude other stores are. please know that not all of us stores are that way. just dont go back to that store.

G

wow, that's pretty bad

hopefully you were able to explain your situation about getting errored out of the property
talk about overreacting, lol... jeez

i don't understand why people get so angry when people don't clean up plates
it's not like their house is gonna fall apart just because there are a few dirty plates lying around
it used to bother me when people wouldn't pick up after themselves, but i've learned that it's really nothing to get angry about... especially when a situation like this occurs, and you can't control it

and especially, like mentioned above, when it's not demanded that stores provide greening items

also, on other lots, i know that some people que greening so they can get right back to skilling or making money as soon as possible

it just seems to me that some try to find anything to complain about, despite how rediculous it actually is

when you're hosting a house, you should be well aware that you're going to come across all kinds of people in this game, and while it's nice when people clean up after themselves... it's really the host's job to keep the house clean, and i know lots of people probably disagree with that, but there's NO need to go to the lengths of banning/blocking/cussing out someone over one dirty plate

IT'S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL, lol

i really feel bad that you had to experience such rudeness
people like that give this game such a bad image, and it's rediculous

G

Remember, there are plenty of people out there who would just love your company. If you find one lot unworthy of it... hop on over to another

Y

YellowRose5819

normaly i would i guess, this is my first .just rude exsperinxce i was hurt

G

pfft. i dont clean up my plates most of the time, usually i have eat, pee, shower, pc, all que'd up and "clean plate" isnt in that list as an available item to que. On that note, if i come in and see plates ill pickem up, ive cleaned showers, thats easier to put in que. I have repaired items, and i usually tip. I say usually because of errors, or just forgetting on occasion. But i go there for a service, and that is what hosting a lot is all about. if i were to be berated for not cleaning up a plate i can assure you i wouldnt be back!

G

<blockquote><hr>

don't understand why people get so angry when people don't clean up plates
it's not like their house is gonna fall apart just because there are a few dirty plates lying around
it used to bother me when people wouldn't pick up after themselves, but i've learned that it's really nothing to get angry about... especially when a situation like this occurs, and you can't control it

and especially, like mentioned above, when it's not demanded that stores provide greening items

also, on other lots, i know that some people que greening so they can get right back to skilling or making money as soon as possible

it just seems to me that some try to find anything to complain about, despite how rediculous it actually is

when you're hosting a house, you should be well aware that you're going to come across all kinds of people in this game, and while it's nice when people clean up after themselves... it's really the host's job to keep the house clean, and i know lots of people probably disagree with that, but there's NO need to go to the lengths of banning/blocking/cussing out someone over one dirty plate

IT'S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen! Of all the things there are to complain about, I just cannot fathom why a house owner or roomie would want to alienate their guests by harping on this one issue. The maid is 10 simoleans a sim hour, and from what I am hearing the old trick to keep her on the lot 24/7 no longer works, so we are talking about approximately 80 simoleans a sim day if she sticks around her full workday. I know for a fact that most if not all owners of houses make enough money on tips and group objects to be able to afford that. Lets do the math

5 RL minutes = 1 sim hour
1 RL hour = 12 sim hours
2 RL hours = one sim day.

So if a house is open 8 clock hours then that is 4 sim days, or 320 simoleans to the maid. Even with chincy tippers a house owner can get out and make a couple green cycles worth of single money objects if nothing else to cover THAT and save alot of resentment and hurt feelings in game on both sides. If they are too cheap to do it or can't be bothered, then they have no right to expect or demand that anybody else take it upon themselves to pick up the slack.

T

Tristan Lewis

Just a lil clearification. Yes the hidin newspaper still works to keep the maid on the lot. I think she itches and shakes her head more then cleans though LOL

G

i don't even have a maid at my house, lol
call me crazy, but i actually ENJOY cleaning
...even worse, sometimes when i'm bored, i'll go from house to house and clean everything, haha

and as mentioned above... i have noticed that at houses who use the newspaper trick to keep the maid around... it does seem like she looks around in confusion, and scratches her butt more than she actually works
...so not sure if that's realy worth $80 as you say, lol

but, to each his own

G

and on a side note... when you clean showers, once your sim is inside of it... you can click on the action to "cancel" it, but they won't actually stop cleaning... it just helps so they don't do that stupid little walk afterwards (if you know what i mean)... and you can get to cleaning the next one a little faster

...i doubt anyone cares, but it was just something i learned and thought i'd share

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just a lil clearification. Yes the hidin newspaper still works to keep the maid on the lot. I think she itches and shakes her head more then cleans though LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

This si an interesting trick if your willing to pay the simoleans.

Yellowrose don't fret some stores are worthy of having customers. Eventually they will learn that.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

ok im newish but tonight i was at a shop and i lost server connection when i was able to getb backi on a roomie from the last shop i was at had a pm to me about how i was a bad person becouse i didnt clean up after my self and i was band from the property how rude.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel bad for you and don't worry about losers like that. There are alot of us that would welcome you back with open arms. As old as I am, when I see this kind of behavior at someones house, I generally don't go back. Once that happened to me but I just err'd and when I got back the roomie IM'd me and told me how rude I was for not saying anything before I poofed...LOL Bad Hair Day I reckon. hahaha

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

*takes off mod had* - I would have told them that you would supply the hammer, the nails, and the wood for them to build a bridge and get over it.....

Take your business elsewhere, they dont deserve you as a customer!

*Puts mod hat back on*

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL That is a very good comment. I love it!

L

luvibunni

lol I think I have this same Ocd =P

Thats pretty crappy but yea.. always remember its a 'real' person behind that sim.. she might have been having a bad day or something but chances are you might not have wanted them as friends anyhow =)

BabiDoll~

P

PoindeJ

Doesn't cleaning plates take like 2 mouse clicks? One to click on the plate, one to select "clean up"?

I clean up about half the time, usually only when there are other plates to clean up so I can put it in my queue. I don't particularly enjoy watching my sim eat his meal. Usually people are good enough about it that, by the time I come back to clean up my plate after showering, it's already gone.

If that were me I probably would've just laughed and told them something like "Sorry, I lost my connection. If you let me back in I can do the 2 mouse clicks to clean it up for you"

G

<blockquote><hr>

normaly i would i guess, this is my first .just rude exsperinxce i was hurt

[/ QUOTE ]

If you PM me the lot name, I will gladly go in an enjoy a meal or two.

I

imported_rpsky3

lol

it is something that you can not help. if they want to be rude, then let them, just remember what lot it was, and dont go back. if you want to, you can also let your in-game friends know of how you were treated, and they may not want to visit there as well.

G

Thats terrible! Anyone who spends that much time fussing over a plate and a lost connection has too much time on their hands.

I walked into a house the other day and I don't remember how it started but someone was talking about the economy and one of the roomies started complaining. I gave my two cents (I don't like it either, but give them a chance to repair it, we're still in beta) and another sim said the same thing and the roomie jumped all over her and said "Well I'm not the one who didn't know how to make friends!" then logged before anyone could say anything. I thought that was completely out of line. When I'm in game, I don't want to fight about the economy, I want to have fun. Even if fighting about that were necessary, the roomie could have put in her complaints without offending people or getting personal. I'm surprised the other roomie didn't apologize when the first poofed. I certainly would have. I understand a frustrating day, but when you're hosting, thats not the best way to keep customers coming back.

D

DGLita

dont get mad, get even.

Make another sim, on a free account if neccesary, and just keep eating food and leaving plates all over the place. If they have one of those drinks dispensers, thats even better, everytime you drink a can you drop a pile a of litter on the floor, and if you drink enough you can end up peeing on their floor

send me a message and ill send a sim over there to join you, we can BOTH pee on their floor lol

G

Just playing devil's advocate here.

When posters say that there is a 'real' person behind a player, we tend to assume that that person is just like us. That they hold the same values, social expectations and vision of how the game "should" be played. But, that is actually not very likely. What they can be is:

* anywhere from (officially) 13 to 108 years old (or whatever the oldest person alive is).
* In school, at work, self-employed, unemployed, a stay at home mom/dad, handicapped, bedbound or even dying (we have lost more than a few players to their chronic illnesses
).
* dealing with overwhelming emotional crisis, difficult home situations or happy-go-lucky, not a problem in the world types.

So when we are treated in a rude manner, it pays to pause and at least consider that the person who is being rude, may think:

* that you are the last straw in an overwhelming day.
* in too much pain to be reasonable.
* too young (or too old) to be tolerant.

Or any imaginable variation on the above. So the most sensible reaction to the inexplicable actions of some players, is to just assume they had other issues and move on.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

When posters say that there is a 'real' person behind a player, we tend to assume that that person is just like us. That they hold the same values, social expectations and vision of how the game "should" be played. But, that is actually not very likely. What they can be is:

* anywhere from (officially) 13 to 108 years old (or whatever the oldest person alive is).
* In school, at work, self-employed, unemployed, a stay at home mom/dad, handicapped, bedbound or even dying (we have lost more than a few players to their chronic illnesses
).
* dealing with overwhelming emotional crisis, difficult home situations or happy-go-lucky, not a problem in the world types.

So when we are treated in a rude manner, it pays to pause and at least consider that the person who is being rude, may think:

Or any imaginable variation on the above. So the most sensible reaction to the inexplicable actions of some players, is to just assume they had other issues and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the oldest person alive is over 120. Anyway, those are all great points. I can see how someone can be having a bad day and they take it out on an av that they think is being rude. The way I would handle this situation is just to kill them with kindness. Whenever someone is rude to me, I'm always super nice, lol... It confuses them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

dont get mad, get even.

Make another sim, on a free account if neccesary, and just keep eating food and leaving plates all over the place. If they have one of those drinks dispensers, thats even better, everytime you drink a can you drop a pile a of litter on the floor, and if you drink enough you can end up peeing on their floor

send me a message and ill send a sim over there to join you, we can BOTH pee on their floor lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You can not 'get even', because the bottom line is, that this is *their* house (game), that they pay just as much money to play as we do.

If they want to play the game in their own way, even if that way is not *our* way, then we have no legal, moral or ethical grounds to harrass them.

There are (currently) no common properties in this game....only *individually* owned and built properties, and just as you (hopefully) would not trash a neighbor's house because they said something you did not like in real life, it is totally inappropriate to trash another player's game, because they do not share your vision of how the game 'should' be played.

That is the behavior of griefers and thugs.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

dont get mad, get even.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can not 'get even', because the bottom line is, that this is *their* house (game), that they pay just as much money to play as we do.

If they want to play the game in their own way, even if that way is not *our* way, then we have no legal, moral or ethical grounds to harrass them.

There are (currently) no common properties in this game....only *individually* owned and built properties, and just as you (hopefully) would not trash a neighbor's house because they said something you did not like in real life, it is totally inappropriate to trash another player's game, because they do not share your vision of how the game 'should' be played.

[/ QUOTE ]

DGLita pays her subscription too... and if peeing on somebody else's floor is enjoyable for her, its not for anyone to say thats a greifer and thug mentality... Its just blue pixels on a floor. Its not trashing a house that takes hours for a person to clean up.

Let me know lita if you go... I like to pee on floors too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

dont get mad, get even.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DGLita pays her subscription too... and if peeing on somebody else's floor is enjoyable for her, its not for anyone to say thats a greifer and thug mentality... Its just blue pixels on a floor. Its not trashing a house that takes hours for a person to clean up.

Let me know lita if you go... I like to pee on floors too.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is *completely* griefing if a group of players deliberately, with malice of forthought, combine their efforts, to make trouble or harrass someone else in the game...especially when it did not involve them in the first place and they don't know the other side of the story.

Whether the pixels are trash colored or blue, they still have to be cleaned up by someone, and they still have a negative effect on room score....and, most importantly, they *are* an especially mean spirited, and completely uncalled for, vicious reaction to a one-sided story on these boards, over what may have been a simple misunderstanding, between complete strangers.

But then, some people *are* vicious, mean spirited, over reacting thugs, who can only deal with life thru mob mentality, and look for opportunities to gang up and ambush hapless players.......so I suppose it is just another unpleasant part of human nature we all have to deal with...if not admire.

......somewhat like people are a bit pissy and ban visitors, for minor infractions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It wouldn't be for malice, it would be for fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhh....you believe that someone who thought leaving a dirty plate was grounds for banning a visitor, when visitors are so hard to come by, will find it *fun* watching a bunch of strangers pee on their floor?

Or did you mean fun for the griefers?

N

Natedawg26

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol sorry to hear that..sounds like that shop needs some meds

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It wouldn't be for malice, it would be for fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhh....you believe that someone who thought leaving a dirty plate was grounds for banning a visitor, when visitors are so hard to come by, will find it *fun* watching a bunch of strangers pee on their floor?

Or did you mean fun for the griefers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fun for people who have to pee.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]It may seem like innocent, harmless fun to you, but it's a dangerous precedent that you're setting. This house's owner may be guilty of trying to tell OP how to play her game, but actions such as this are really an attempt to coerce the house owner to play the game your way. In effect, by asserting your "right" as a subscriber to play the game as you see fit, you are denying another subscriber that same right.

So, whatever happened to the idea of "play the game your way and let me play the game my way?" In a nutshell, this concept does not, and cannot work, for exactly the same reasons why communism cannot work. I've said it very often in the past: "Everything every sim does affects another sim somewhere;" "Your right to play as you wish ends when it infringes on another's right to play as he or she wishes."

The ladylike thing to do would be to just walk away from this incident, maybe even offer an apology and explanation for leaving the dirty dishes behind. One of two things will happen: Either the house owner will realize how obsessively anal she's being, will apologize in return, and you've made a new friend; or, she reaffirms herself as a rude, anal-retentive pancake, and you never give her your visitor hours again.

If it's any consolation, anyone who is that anal-retentive about his or her gameplay tends to burn out quickly and won't be in the game for very long.

G

I would say that anyone who bans a person for not cleaning up a plate is not that desparate for visitor hours.

I would have no problem with the peeing either. Although it does make me think of that dunkin donuts commercial where a guy is rude to a woman who was simply saying hello and set off this horrible chain reaction lol.

We are all entitled to feel crabby and have a bad day but I'm pretty surprised at the number of people in game who have an attitude of "I'm rude, if you don't like it, too bad". Of course they are more than welcome to feel that way... but they shouldn't be surprised when it comes back to them. Peeing and running seems more funny to me than malicious and anyone who doesn't like it is just as free to boot, ban, or lock their lots. Those who don't like rude hosts are free to take their visitor hours elsewhere.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh... If it makes you feel any better, I was kicked from a property for peeing too. I was in another window reading forums, answering e-mails or w/e.

Yeah, it was with my MaxisParizad avatar. It might've been the same person that booted both of us. I was like WTF when I was staring at the city view.

Like others have said, it is unfortunate that this happened. Luckily, the days of 2 or 3 houses being online is in the past. Just go to another house and keep enjoying the game!

G

well heck just using that name is enough grounds to get you kicked from some property.... maybe not the best idea.... or be very politically correct, especially when you might be asking for help the next week lol, but sometimes people in this game are just dumb$%%$#.... come on we all know that word lol.

oh by the way Pari... that fist line was in jest... ummm can you help me find my missing cards for this lava game i never got??? huh huh can ya huh? honest i was kidding!!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh... If it makes you feel any better, I was kicked from a property for peeing too. I was in another window reading forums, answering e-mails or w/e.

Yeah, it was with my MaxisParizad avatar. It might've been the same person that booted both of us. I was like WTF when I was staring at the city view.

Like others have said, it is unfortunate that this happened. Luckily, the days of 2 or 3 houses being online is in the past. Just go to another house and keep enjoying the game!

[/ QUOTE ]
OH CRAP!

I am kneeling on the floor laffing my guts out!
Seriously, I am having to reach *up* to type this!!!

Whoever booted you must have a set the size of Texas!

*nyuck nyuck nyuck*

G

<blockquote><hr>

).

[/ QUOTE ]
You forgot "NATK"
I got an in-game message from a gal one day, who claimed to be "NATK" and invited me to her lot.
Turns out "NATK" = "Nude at the Keyboard", or as she put it - "Nakey at the keyboard". When I declined, she called me everything but a human being.

I wrote off her anger at me as probably a cold breeze or a spilled coffee.

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yellow.

well i thought that i you send you this, 99 % of the sims that do come to my home, I treat with 105% them as i want to be treat ! , so if i get a nasty sim on my lot then yes i do boot and put them on iggy and banned them. However, in your case, that roomie was wrong, but so that you know i have had me and my twins in home and have been booted, and had one of them booted as well, and that rooime Not knowing that i was the main sim, and that roomie sit there and be so rude in open chat! and Brag about what they did, . hmmm well i did let that roomie know what was up! hehehehe, but long story shoot , yes they are some pretty RUDE ppl here and in r/l, but i do think that you should do what i do! PUT THEM ON IGGY AND BANNED! , as i said treat them as you would like to be treated !!

hugs and paece
Max

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]