• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Old Treasure hunter returning with questions.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use to be the Guild leader of the THB on cats.... Returning after 5 years and hoping to get back into running group treasure hunts.

I will be running a peace tamer Mage template

I am wondering if there is any real changes In treasure hunting since I left.

I was here for the death of lock pick houses and the satyr trick for gaining lp and carto. Basically looking for anything newer then those changes.

I lost my lp and cart skills o. Souls tones when my house dropped years ago so I will get to retrain those skills and rebuild my map collection.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most solo level 6/7 maps on their Mystic-T-hunter, so it might not be easy to get a group :)
Collecting maps till next publish kicks in, might be a good choice. New loot system is comming to a treasure chest near u :)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might already be a bit late for you, but my personal advice to all (new/returning) t-hunters is not to ignore the lower lvl maps. While you can get good money from selling the special goodies from the difficult maps, you can still find usefull stuff even in lvl 1's. I have a good stock of alacrity scrolls from mostly fished up lvl 1 maps. Additional to that, I get all sorts of crafting recipes from those maps. (Even the missing/non-spawning ones like the secong stone anvil or the bone machete.)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks...I plan to do a bunch of lower level maps to get my butt back in shape. I always felt running successful hunts, be them solo or group,takes skill and artristry. :)

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
...I get all sorts of crafting recipes from those maps. (Even the missing/non-spawning ones like the secong stone anvil or the bone machete.)
The bone machete comes from a quest outside Melisande's lair, but YOU GOT A STONE ANVIL (SOUTH) RECIPE?!?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bone machete comes from a quest outside Melisande's lair, but YOU GOT A STONE ANVIL (SOUTH) RECIPE?!?
Yes, the stone anvil south is included in treasure maps, so is the bone machete.
Timber Wolf. Read the 'Treasure Map Quests' page on uo2.stratics.com. It's as upto date as I can get it. It will tell you what monsters spawn on which chests and on which facet. I don't think you were around for the random locations change? That got us maps on every facet.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the stone anvil south is included in treasure maps, so is the bone machete.
Timber Wolf. Read the 'Treasure Map Quests' page on uo2.stratics.com. It's as upto date as I can get it. It will tell you what monsters spawn on which chests and on which facet. I don't think you were around for the random locations change? That got us maps on every facet.
No I wasn't Petra and I definitely will read it.....I left after the switched from rng and made 8x8 and lock pick houses obsolete

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They even removed the ability to become paragons from Illshenars treasure chest guardians, if i remember right. So theres no additional fear from that. :D If you have any old illshenar t-maps: those should have gotten an additional tag. Was something like 'antique' or sommit.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Stone Anvil South is a very common drop at Heartwood, the Stone Anvil East is the rare one that supposedly does not drop at all in Heartwood. I've looted several of them from the chests tho.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
TimberWolf! On Lake Superior, I was Sphyr and led THB for years. I probably couldn't fight my way out of a Level 1 right now. Back when my provo/t-hunter could solo L5's, it was an art, but the last time I play I couldn't figure out how to solo the ancient wyrms in an L6. Not enough provo to make it mad, not enough mana to finish it off. I retired for a while after that.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dizzy!!!!! good to see you are still haunting the place! I hope all goes well with you

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TimberWolf! On Lake Superior, I was Sphyr and led THB for years. I probably couldn't fight my way out of a Level 1 right now. Back when my provo/t-hunter could solo L5's, it was an art, but the last time I play I couldn't figure out how to solo the ancient wyrms in an L6. Not enough provo to make it mad, not enough mana to finish it off. I retired for a while after that.
try swapping your provo for disco.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hardly see how this could possibly help.

:)
This almost got me in trouble for snorting at work. thankfully the tears from trying not to laugh were a good cover that I was choking on my coffee.