• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Old stuff around the place you grew up at

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, this ain't exactly UO related, but I love learning more about the people behind the pixels, and sharing some of my story as well. Thus I am starting this thread.

So, I was fooling around with Google streetview around the city where I grew up at and found these lil parts of my childhood that I've decided to share:

The old clown slide:

The "lambari" (a local fish):

The giant frog statue:

And finally, the old snake:

All of those are actually older than I am. The clown one is at very least 40 to 50 years old.
They are less than 200 meters from where I lived with my parents. I used to play there a lot when I was a lil' girl. :)
I need to go back to that slide when I visit my parents and slide on it one last time, while it is still standing.

Now, why don't you guys go fool around street view around the place you grew up at to show us stuff like this, eh? :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting, and a good idea =) for those whose places haven't been wiped out by "progress" =(

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was just thinking the same thing Uriah. I would just have to show a picture of houses.
Very cool places though BeaIank. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I had a whole post typed up, and I don't know what it is on this laptop that I keep hitting accidently, but all but one word disappeared again. I'll beback when Im not quite so mad LOL

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, updating this with higher res pictures. And those statues were also recently restored, so they don't look as creepy as before. :p

Clowndor, the terrible:

And just some random shoots from the park I used to play when I was a child:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If I tried to do that, I'd still be stuck there. My hips are twice as wide as that slide. :p