• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old shcool player needs advice

5% Luck

The last time I trained healing/anat was back when you'd lock your anat at 59.9 and train healing to 79.9 then lock your anat at 79.9 and train healing to gm via failed cures and fail resurrections.

Now they are telling me I can gain just from healing myself to gm. Is it faster to cure and res or just take damage and heal HPs?

T

Trukx

if you can get a friend to remain idle for a long time, the ressing thing still works fine......but you can get to 120/120 simply be healing yourself (take off and re-equip an item that adds HP, then heal.....or drink lessers and heal-cure yourself). Personally i find that boring.

Crosshealing is still the fastest due to the quicker heal check (2-3 seconds vs 4-5 seconds for healing yourself/ressing) and you make gold and meet people.

G

A few ways to damage yourself for healing training:

Use lich form - if you have necro
Weak tinker trap - dart or poison both work well
Fall from a height - use a custom house with teleporters or jump off Luna's top floor
Doff/don a str/hp item - Orcish Visage works well
Wrestle sheep - disarm yourself and attack a bunch of weak creatures
Walk over dungeon traps - Covetous entrance has fire pits
Train resist - train your healing while training another skill

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Doff/don a str/hp item - Orcish Visage works well
this is the method I use works great with uo assist hit undress item macro hit heal macro after heal hit dress macro rinse repeat

G

I suppose we can add the "cloak of corruption" to that list, now.

I

imported_onthefifty

i put 3 unarmed male jehlom fighters on me while wearing no armor. it goes up fine. 2 is probably safer thou because their skill seems to raise and they get stronger over time.

I

imported_onthefifty

i put 3 unarmed male jehlom fighters on me while wearing no armor. it goes up fine. 2 is probably safer thou because their skill seems to raise and they get stronger over time.