• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Seeds VS New Seeds

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeds, first we had seeds that could be grown into other seeds. the Best system
Then we had a quest for a Special Seed that grew nothing. Heading down hill...
Then we had More new seeds from Tokuno that grew nothing. The Bottom of the Hill...
Then We Had a new ML seed that you cant even grow. An insult to Seed Growers..

Now we get 15 new Seeds..... for something we allready can get? All becuse Some folks refuse to go to Ilshenar....

Discuss....

D

Dor of Sonoma

It looks fine here, too ;-)

I think that what you've noticed is the lack of ability of succeeding devs to match Ando's expertise. He was the one who designed the entire seed/cross-pollination/gardening system...and when he departed, so did the love that he imparted to it.

*misses Ando*

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True, to much cross develoment imo.... It is ruining things imo...
But at the same time i think these new seeds may have potential to open up a larger class of growing medium...hard to say what kind of love is being put into things now a days. Lately i see a lot of generic Work going on inregards to Dev things...
We will see...

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that what you've noticed is the lack of ability of succeeding devs to match Ando's expertise.
Except it was Auger ;) (Ando was the QA guy from a couple (or so) years ago that moved up into dev. before leaving, perhaps during one of the moves?)

and yes, agree completely that no one else seems either willing or perhaps capable of handling expanding the gardening tree (if you'll pardon the pun). Even though a person should be overjoyed to get new plants, I have to admit to such sadness when I read about the new seeds. It's painfully obvious they will never give gardening love anymore, but instead throw a couple of scraps in it's general direction that really has little to do with the actual gardening profession more than a commonality of being seeds to grow.

anyhoo, enough of my rant *goes back to lurking*

D

Dor of Sonoma

Except it was Auger ;) (Ando was the QA guy from a couple (or so) years ago that moved up into dev. before leaving, perhaps during one of the moves?)

and yes, agree completely that no one else seems either willing or perhaps capable of handling expanding the gardening tree (if you'll pardon the pun). Even though a person should be overjoyed to get new plants, I have to admit to such sadness when I read about the new seeds. It's painfully obvious they will never give gardening love anymore, but instead throw a couple of scraps in its general direction that really has little to do with the actual gardening profession more than a commonality of being seeds to grow.

anyhoo, enough of my rant *goes back to lurking*
*slaps forehead*

I knew it was an "A" guy! My apologies for the mistake - I remember Auger more clearly now. It was a pleasure to witness his devotion and interaction with the gardening community, and a true shame that such is lacking now.

*commiserates*

At least we still have his legacy. :)