• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

old school player thinking of returning

Katrina Blade

Adventurer
Hey guys, used to play about 10-11 years ago, and recently got nostalgic. Used to run in PvP/PK guilds mainly; Pink Hat Thugs (PHT), Evile Llama Riders (ELR), MeN, TeaM, Pro etc

Thinking of returning, but wondering how the game is now, whats the population like?

I have no idea about the recent changes, i normally run either a Mage/fencing build or nox/mage build, no idea if these are still competitive or not?

How is the pvp now? Thats what I miss mainly.

Are many old school players about? I remember my main freinds were Doc Ecks, Mani, Faith, Psy, Armitage/Freedom, Apache, DK Psycho and Blade Spirit, are they still about (seriously doubt it mind)?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hiya Katrina. We have a pink hat thug hat, I think it was Nick Delute's. Psycho is still around. Not sure about any others.

Katrina Blade

Adventurer
petra :O youre still playing! I remember Nick or Terry as I knew him, we were in KT and PHT together! Do you still own that little shop?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, the shop is gone, sorry. Psycho DECIDED we weren't allowed to sell wands and was sufficiently insistent about it that we got fed up and moved home.
I still play daily, Terry not so much, and mostly on Drachs these days.

Katrina Blade

Adventurer
Wow, I remember Psycho being an asshat about it, but wasnt that back in about 2004? We had a massive argument, but I thought he gave up! Is Drachs busier than Europa now?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it was a long time ago. No Drachs isn't busier, Terry just wanted a change I guess.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys, used to play about 10-11 years ago, and recently got nostalgic. Used to run in PvP/PK guilds mainly; Pink Hat Thugs (PHT), Evile Llama Riders (ELR), MeN, TeaM, Pro etc

Thinking of returning, but wondering how the game is now, whats the population like?

I have no idea about the recent changes, i normally run either a Mage/fencing build or nox/mage build, no idea if these are still competitive or not?

How is the pvp now? Thats what I miss mainly.

Are many old school players about? I remember my main freinds were Doc Ecks, Mani, Faith, Psy, Armitage/Freedom, Apache, DK Psycho and Blade Spirit, are they still about (seriously doubt it mind)?
I think we used to speak on ICQ possibly? I do remember you from Knights Templar - I am pretty sure of that. The RP scene is pretty much dead. There is some life left in pvp Fel-wise. I dont currently really play much at all, if ever, currently doing some level grinding and solo work in SWTOR. Your best best is to attend the EM events when they happen. Wlecome back :)

Katrina Blade

Adventurer
hehehe, Give Terry my best, I often remember seeing Nick appearing at champ spawns that we were running/protecting, sneaking about looking to steal stuff! I used to whisper him and tell him to get out of there and cover for him when everyone was looking for the theif! :D

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Do come back. Don't just think about it but return. There have been quite a few returning plus new players lately. There is a meeting at Brit Bank daily 6pm UK time why not attend that.

Katrina Blade

Adventurer
Thanks for all your assistance Petra :), reactivated the account and took my first steps back in. OMG everything has changed! Im either reallly bad now or things have got hard/my tempaltes now suck!

Stepped into despise (my favourite instance) and got destroyed inside the door!! Notice now you cant just have 120 fencing on a mage and use the specials :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you want her blue? or are you happy to keep her red? There's an item in game that removes all murder counts, comes from the VvV system. I can get one for you, but it would take a few days.

Envy

SotA Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I kind of quit UO couple of years ago because the PvP on Europa really went down hill. I think one of the main problems was that there wasn't much left to fight over; would be interested in hearing what it is like now.

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I probably have a couple of forged pardons lying around if that helps with the murder counts.
Not been playing much UO myself in recent months, I've been a bit distracted by SotA (among other things)

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
SotA really? I tried that over a year ago but got fed up with the constant server wipes.

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I periodically got fed up with those wipes, persistent state is coming in July though and while they will keep working on content I believe episode 1 is slated for formal release at the end of 2016. Not sure if I can cope with it being an actual game rather than continual early access pre-alpha test phase, but looking forward to it!

Katrina Blade

Adventurer
hey, I actually started playing SOTA, and thats what got me to revisit UO! I was hoping it would be UO with updated graphics, but it isnt, its just at the moment a bit lost, hopefully it will improve and with the persistant state (no more wipes) at the end of July, be more interesting to play. I just think they really made a mistake with the whole MMO/ Single player online/ Friends online decisions and no form of pvp.

Petra Fyde was so kind, she gave me one of those forged pardons :) so kat is running around trammel for the first time in her life acting like a child!! She sadly already has 1 murder count, I guess her old ways are hard to change!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are two kinds of forged pardon. The royal forged pardon comes from Vice versus Virtue and wipes all counts - which is what you need when you're perma-red :D. The other type comes from treasure maps and just wipes one count. I have a few of that kind too - but you were supposed to be being good! :D

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SOTA - played it quite a lot last year also. I got really into it. Bought a house. Started decorating it. Then it all got wiped/ I was wtf? I hadnt realised this wasnt "persistent". I just gave up then when I did some research and realised SOTA is just a massive real life money trap. People pay $3000 for a castle in an online game - are they mad? I did like the crafting system in SOTA but the stupid travel system! Argh. Anyhow. Onwards and upwards!