• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old school Mage needs upgrade for the new millenium.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This was my second char I made in 1998 and I think it may be possible to do mare damage with your help and possibly get a drop at the EM events :-O

Magery=120
Eval Int=120
Resist = 120
Meditation=120
Hiding= 100
Poison=80
focus- 60

I was thinking dropping poison and focus for Mysticism so I can cast RC's but not sure it is an upgrade from a pair of EV's, strictly PVM speaking is that an upgrade ?

Thanks

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
RCs deal far more damage, have far more HP and better resists.
It is also faster to cast one RC than two EV's.

But for it to work at full potential, you need 120 focus.
I'd drop resist for it, or would drop hiding and poison. You don't need hiding when you can cast invisibility.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So then this would be the upgraded PVM template ?

Magery=120
Eval Int=120
Resist = 120
Meditation=120
Myst=120
Focus = 120

Thanks

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, that would be it.
If you want more bang for your buck, replace 120 resist with 120 spellweaving to be able to cast arcane empowerment.

120 med and 120 focus will give you some pretty nice mana regen, but you should try to get at least 22~25 MR on your suit.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So then this would be the upgraded PVM template ?

Magery=120
Eval Int=120
Resist = 120
Meditation=120
Myst=120
Focus = 120

Thanks
as your suit gets better you can run studded with 55% lmc and max mana gen.. and drop med if u want for another skill. just an option

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you go with studded and focus only, carry wraith form scrolls if your character is human.
You leech a good amount of mana with joat spirit speak, enough SDI and a slayer book to keep your mana high enough to keep casting RCs.