• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old player, wondering: WHAT'S CHANGED?

G

I used to play - A LOT
- back before and a bit during AoS. I had a few characters... I recall a bard mage that I quite enjoyed... An archer paladin as well... Necro/mage was fun too. Crafting characters galore of course.

I came back VERY briefly during Samurai Empire... honestly I didn't like the fact that I could make quite a bit of money in the cheesiest way possible: buying cheap reagents, scribing, and vendoring the scrolls for more than they cost to make. Felt cheesy. Also, my old bard/mage had been nerfed (used to be able to solo just about anything in the game at the time), and my necro/mage could solo most things. There just wasn't enough "group" content, really... I really was wanting to have a richer exploration/adventure experience.

Well, I'm wondering - what's new? I've looked at the recent expansions. So there's a new ui and such. How versatile is it? How rich is the updated keybinding interface? (In other MMOs I'm quite used to using 1-5, qertyadfgzxcvb and shift/ctrl combos for my macros and spells...)

How is the new content? What's popular skill-wise these days?

How is the PVP scene nowdays?

Really, just tell me how things have changed. I've run the gamut... AO, EQ2, WOW, Vanguard (REALLY liked the potential here, felt a bit like UO), AC... but I ALWAYS end up wishing they were more like "good ol' UO".

So tell me what you think... spill anything you think is relevant

(PS. Has anyone tried Tabula Rasa? Garriott's name alone drew me to want to try it out, but I got laid off a month back and I don't want to spend $50 just to "try" it, and I can't find a trial key
. I posted over on Stratics TR, but it's been 6 hours since I posted and uh... there haven't been any responses on the whole subforum since I posted, let alone responses to my post. Any thoughts on it?)

TYVM

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alot has changed and still is changing. There are always things to keep you busy. I can't t alk about PvP because i don't.

The new UI of the new KR client is very nice. You do need to get use to it. If you play other games you get the hang of it fast enough. Of course if you move from 2D to KR it can take some time to get adjusted.

The New Client can be downloaded for free: http://www.uoherald.com/kingdomreborn/gamefiles/index.php

Be warend its a big download and have to get trough alot of patches. You can also by a swift disk but then you still have to go trough several big patches.That is untill they brung a new up to date disk.

Popular skills? It just depends on your playstyle.Paladins and Tamers and Bard and even Ninja's and Necromancers will do fine.We can combine and do whatever we want here in UO.

If you want access to all UO contents you need the ML upgrade code. Either by getting your hands on a 9th anniversary box or buying the key from the EA webpage:

Upgrade Codes.

If you want to read about all kinds UO stuff , you can find alot of info here : http://www.uoguide.com/Main_Page

Don't be afraid to come back, we all know UO is "home" for everyone!

If you got questions about anything, this is the place to be!

D

dream299

I recently returned after leaving shortly after the Samurai expansion released.

I'm having fun at being back, but have a few questions.

Why are some artifacts from doom cursed whereas the same artifacts in some cases are not cursed?

I've seen gold skulls for sale for tons of platinum, but I've also seen runebook libraries with recall locations that say doom?

powerscrolls for swordsmanship are still way to expensive for +20 lol. Millions of gold I think the most I ever had at one time was a few hundred thousand, and that was back when I frst played

Regards,

Dreamwatcher

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Cursed Artifacts you see come from Magincia event from killing Monsters.

But the Artifacts in the Gauntlet will be never cursed.

You can get inside Doom with runes, Just to get to the gauntlet you need to cross the river and you need to pay the ferryman with a golden skull.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

The Cursed Artifacts you see come from Magincia event from killing Monsters.

But the Artifacts in the Gauntlet will be never cursed.

You can get inside Doom with runes, Just to get to the gauntlet you need to cross the river and you need to pay the ferryman with a golden skull.

[/ QUOTE ]

things are cheeper now, cept golden skulls.

G

Welcome back.
Yes i tryed Tabula Raza its fine.
But i played only the trial.Tabula Raza is not my thing.
Its just like planetside from sony.
I like olso to play eve online.