• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Player thinking of rejoining

DanSpooner

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi There,

I used to play UO in the old days of Lord Blackthornes Revenge, Samurai Empire and early in Mondians Legacy. I haven't played for probably around 9 years and was wondering if it was possible for me to rejoin with my old characters (or whether this information would now be gone as its been such a long time)?

I'm not too sure how I used to log in as it was so long ago and I've reset my password via EA but just wanted to know what I need to do?

I would probably need a real dummies guide as I'm not sure how I used to log in and its all changed soo much since I played. I think all that I can remember is the old screen with a castle and just a user name and no email.

Any help would be much appreciated, I had a 3+ year old account so would be a shame to lose it!

Thanks,

Dan

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now is an ideal time to sign up as any active accounts will get the new expansion for free. There are some YouTube videos about that explain how to get back up and running with your old account. I'm on my mobile phone now but when I get home and on the PC I will try and find you the links.

Dinurth

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi There,

I used to play UO in the old days of Lord Blackthornes Revenge, Samurai Empire and early in Mondians Legacy. I haven't played for probably around 9 years and was wondering if it was possible for me to rejoin with my old characters (or whether this information would now be gone as its been such a long time)?

I'm not too sure how I used to log in as it was so long ago and I've reset my password via EA but just wanted to know what I need to do?

I would probably need a real dummies guide as I'm not sure how I used to log in and its all changed soo much since I played. I think all that I can remember is the old screen with a castle and just a user name and no email.

Any help would be much appreciated, I had a 3+ year old account so would be a shame to lose it!

Thanks,

Dan
I recently returned as well after nearly a decade of being away and I'm loving it so far. I'm still a total noob trying to figure things out but people have been amazingly helpful and nice in the help chat and at New Haven.

When I left there was no "Enhanced Client" so when I came back I avoided it and went with the classic like I always loved. But after trying out the enhanced client I have to say I can't imagine how people still play on the Classic Client. EC is sooooo much smoother, I have a full screen view of the game and the new bags are far easier to manage everything. Just my $0.02 though!

Welcome back if you decide to join us again!

DanSpooner

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi guys, thanks for getting back to me. I'm trying to reactive but its not very clear how to do it. I reset a password with EA but theres this Mythic account and every time I try to reset the password with that it comes up with an error on the new password screen... I used to play on Europa by the way, where did you guys play?

DanSpooner

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks very much DJAd, how do I download the expansion? I don't know how to download that or the UO game

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've returned somewhat recently too, so I know where you are coming from! Your account should still be there. I've got my account from 1999 and from 2001 and I was able to re access them. If you are having trouble resetting your password after watching the tutorial, or no longer have access to the old email ect, you can email [email protected]. Believe it or not they will respond normally within an hour even on weekends.

You can download the client directly from www.uo.com. Scroll down the right hand side and click 'uo client download'. I suggest if you have space, download both clients so you can pick which one feels right to you. The old one will give you that warm fuzzy nostalgic feeling, but the EC is easier to utilize for actual play and its got a more modern graphics feel. (Modern by UO standards).

Hope this helps!

Edit: You may want to create a character on Atlantic when you start back up. Its the most populated server currently. The help channel is also usually helpful on that shard. At least compared to other games.

Dinurth

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If you continue to have issues with getting your account back, I would suggest emailing UO support. A friend recently joined as well and lost his account, they were able to get him the info again after a couple days.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have returned recently and loving it, however I have been trying to recover a lost password or lost account of my sons and have been waiting 4 days to hear from EA about getting my account info , any suggestions? Maybe Im just not seeing exactly what it is i need to do to get this old account linked back to my EA account

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Dan,

I just rejoined a few days ago...after a few days of struggling how to figure out how to login...

You need to create and EA account first.
Once you do , you can link your "mythic account" (this is your old UO login) to your EA account.
when you link the account you need to write "username_uo" and then your old uo pass.
Once linked you can activate the account.

Install the client from uo.com
When you login you only need to write "username" (without the _uo) and your pass.

Now possible problems you can have :
1) you can't remember your UO pass = try to reset your mythic account pass.
Worst case scenario you have to mail uo support and try to retrieve your account that way.
You'll have to give as much details as you can. username , last known pass , answer secret question , chars on the account , cd keys used , visa details (name or last 4 digits) used to bill with and maybe additional info.
(this is how i retrieved my old account and lino's account...i accidently attached my uo account to lino's email but it doesn't bother me enough to go through the whole hassle again)

2) you can't login the game because it fails to authenticate because your client is out of date (wich is not the case) or you filled in incorrect usename or password. (this is most likely the case)
For some reason you'll need to login your EA account and change your mythic/uo account pass again...even if it's in the exact same password...for some reason you need to do this.

3)Don't be surprised to find out you have 0.0000000 gp on your bank on ALL your chars....somehow your money vanished into thin air.
And you need to start all over again from scratch. And pray you don't die in that fancy armor cause you can't pay for the insurance.

Hope this helps

Greetings
-Mina-

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3)Don't be surprised to find out you have 0.0000000 gp on your bank on ALL your chars....somehow your money vanished into thin air.
And you need to start all over again from scratch. And pray you don't die in that fancy armor cause you can't pay for the insurance.

Hope this helps

Greetings
-Mina-
Your gold isn't gone, it's converted. Physical gold doesn't show in your bank anymore. Please read here for an explanation: Money | Ultima Online

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some good info in this thread. I as well took a break for a period of time and all my characters were still there. The game in my opinion is as good as it's ever been. UO seems to me to be a game that constantly adapts while always improving in some way, shape or form. Truly outstanding.