• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old photo dump - some ingame, some from the 98-2000 UO internet era

Beleth

Visitor
Hello

I found an old burned CD with some old pictures and programs from the Ultima Online 1998-2000 era on Atlantic

The artwork (handdrawn pictures, banners) some is from Stratics around that time, some is also from the roleplay community.

Some pictures are saved pictures from the time period, some are screenshots

Most pictures are from OSI servers, a few are from private servers when people were using art to make banners

I left the programs/my desktop visible in the screenshots as it shows programs from the time.

Some pictures contain mild profanity (sorry, I suck at editing so figured its better to leave it)

Jailed copy.jpg Loot3.jpg Orc_Long_Name.jpg Ostard In Moonglow.jpg schintzmarphoe.jpg Banner.jpg Banner2.jpg Banner3.jpg Dead_Orc_MTC.jpg Dead_Orc2_MTC.jpg Greypawn.jpg Aleph.gif Anhk.gif another.gif boots.jpg Candal.gif Cassiopea.jpg Coins.gif Cyclops.gif Farewell.jpg

Last edited:

Beleth

Visitor
Moonglow Town Council (MTC) Recruitment Document from around 1999

I hear you wish to join the Moonglow Militia.
May I ask for what purpose?
What do you hope to achieve in our organization?
From what city do you hail?
If you had to classify yourself as either good or evil, which would it be?

You are in town, at the bank, and you see a rich man drop a sack of gold..
The rich man doesn't notice this, and runs off in a hurry.
You, knowing where the rich man lives, pick up the gold
and head towards his mansion
On the way there, you are confronted by an old beggarwoman who pleads with you for food
You can see her bones through her skin almost, she is so hungry...
Now, which do you do?
Do you give the sack of gold to the beggarwoman, and feed and cloth her...
knowing full well the rich man will not miss the gold...
Or do you return the gold to its rightful owner?

I think you would make an exceptional Militiaman.
But first, we have a few set rules, which must be followed in the strictest sense.
These rules are established by The Consensus, [a roleplay council],
and for your benefit.

The rules are as follows-

[The Moonglow Town Council and The Moonglow Militia
follow the rules of The Consensus, a roleplaying standard setting association on the Atlantic shard.] These rules must be followed in the strictest sense. Any violation of these rules will result in a reprimand, and/or explusion or suspension from duty.

1. No Looting what so ever at this moment in time.

2. No Battle at ANY Rune Library or Tavern. This includes Serpent's Cross and Leigh's Rune Library. This is to preserve the atmosphere the procurators of those establishments wish to keep.

3. No Battle within Towns other than Cove. This is due to the unfair restrictions placed upon mage characters. You may engage in any battle within the City of Cove, as magic there is working, and the guards are present.

4. No "Blue Healing" and No "Rez Killing" (aka drobing).
This means that if you see someone else involved in a battle with an enemy,

and you are not yourself colored orange to the enemy, then you may not heal the other fighter. Also, when you slay an enemy, do not attack them again if they are wearing a death robe. People in death robes are off limits, so pretend like they are not there. Conversely, if you yourself die, go back to get your things, and do NOT take off the deathrobe till you are ready to do battle again...but take it off should you wish to attack.

[Militia Specific Rules]

5. No Offensive Battle unless lead by a Leader. This means you may not head out to the enemy encampments and look for a fight....unless accompanied by a Lieutenant or Captain.

6. You may not spar unless it is within the guild training area, which extends from the western gate of Moonglow to the Lyceaum. Sparring outside of the guild area makes us look disorganized. You may spar in this area, only with the other person's permission.

7. Your Conduct. As a Militiaman, you represent Moonglow and its Virtue. You should always act like it. For instance....
It would be alright to run into battle and say "DIE FOUL ORC!"
But...to run into battle and say "DIE BI-ATCH!" is not okay
and will be dealt with by your superior.

8. Concerning [OOC, or Out of Character]. You should at all times act in-character] [Your character should know nothing about computers, games, or the real world] [You should not use abbreviations when talking in character]
[like plz, thx, brb, LOL, rofl, afk, uo, cya]
[instead, type out the full word]
[When you must say something Out of Character, or OOC]
[use brackets like I am doing now]

10. You are responsible for maintaining an active list of contacts in the Militia and in the Corps of Mages. You should have all the [ICQ #s] of all your superiors, and most of your peers on your contact list. You can find the current list on the main page of the Moonglow Town Council webtome, under Militia Roster.

Beleth

Visitor
My application to join the Holy Disciples of Darkness (around 2000 I believe) (H^D). They were an evil aligned RP guild and allies of the Order of the Ebon Skull (OES). I would later join OES and lead the Death Knight Sect as Beleth the Daemon Lord.

What is your character's name? - Phoenix

What is your email address? - [email protected] (don't check it often)

What is your ICQ # (If applicable)? - 35905519 (its messed up right now)

What is your age? - 14

In what Time Zone do you reside in? - Eastern

How often do you play in a week's time? - Weekends and sometimes during the week if I have time.

What times of the day do you most usually play? - It depends on how much homework i have.

How long have you been playing Ultima Online? - Just over a year.

How would you rate yourself as a role-player? - Average.

How did you hear about the Holy Disciples of Darkness? - Through friends and war.

What do you feel you have to offer the Holy Disciples of Darknes? - Strength and combat.

We are an evil role-playing guild and as such we perform evil deeds. How do you feel about losing Fame and Karma when the
need arises? - If i have to do it I will.

How experienced are you in PvP (Player vs. Player) combat? - I fight very well (kicked your ass before =P)

What other primary characters do you have? - I have a near gm tailor/miner who will eventally become a gm smith.

What other guilds are/were you in? - MTC.

What other guilds have you applied for? - None.

Do you possess any slaves, servants, ghouls, etc (mules) and if so what purpose do they serve for you? -
I have a near gm tailor/miner who will eventally become a gm smith.

Do you own a house/vendor? - I own a log cabin in trammal moonglow.

What is your favorite place in game and why? - I do not have one because i hang around alot of places.

What are your stats and primary skills? - 100 str, 100 dex, 25 int, GM Anatomy, Archery, Macing, Tactics and
Parry, near 90 healing and 67 resist.

Beleth

Visitor
An old Christmas Story posted on the Ebonskull forums - wall of text just copy and pasted from text document sorry

To Dealthagar: a Christmas story just for you, from Anna

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Necropolis <Atlantic Community Boards> ]

Posted by From All of Us at BTF to All of OES: Happy Hoildays on December 22, 192000 at 06:35:32:

Every Moor Down in Wintermoor Liked Christmas a lot... But the Lich Lord, Who lived just North of Wintermoor in Caina, Did NOT! The Lich Lord hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season! Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason. It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right. It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight. But I think that the most likely reason of all May have been that his heart was two sizes too small. But, Whatever the reason, His heart or his shoes, He stood there on Christmas Eve, hating the Moors, Staring down from his Golgotha with a sour, Lich frown At the warm lighted windows below in their town. For he knew every Moor down in Wintermoor beneath Was busy now, hanging a mistleoe wreath. "And they're hanging their stockings!" he snarled with a sneer. "Tomorrow is Christmas! It's practically here!" Then he growled, with his Lich fingers nervously drumming, "I MUST find a way to keep Christmas from coming!" For, tomorrow, he knew... ...All the Moor girls and boys Would wake up bright and early. They'd rush for their toys! And then! Oh, the noise! Oh, the noise! Noise! Noise! Noise! That's one thing he hated! The NOISE! NOISE! NOISE! NOISE! Then the Moors, young and old, would sit down to a feast. And they'd feast! And they'd feast! And they'd FEAST! FEAST! FEAST! FEAST! They would start on moor-pudding, and rare Moor-roast-beast Which was something the Lich couldn't stand in the least! And THEN They'd do something he liked least of all! Every Moor down in Wintermoor, the tall and the small, Would stand close together, with thier new Christmas bells ringing. They'd stand hand-in-hand. And the Moors would start singing! They'd sing! And they'd sing! AND they'd SING! SING! SING! SING! And the more the Lich thought of the Moors-Christmas-Sing The more the Lich thought, "I must stop this whole thing! "Why for One Hundred fifty-three years I've put up with it now! I MUST stop Christmas from coming! ...But HOW?" Then he got an idea! An awful idea! THE LICH GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA! "I know just what to do!" The Lich Laughed in his throat. And he made a quick Santy Claus hat and a coat. And he chuckled, and clucked, "What a great Lich trick! "With this coat and this hat, I'll look just like Saint Nick!" "All I need is a reindeer..." The Lich looked around. But since reindeer are scarce on Ice Island, there was none to be found. Did that stop the old Lich...? No! The Lich simply said, "If I can't find a reindeer, I'll make one instead!" So he called - Dealthagar - Herald of Oblivion
. Then he took some red thread And he tied a big horn on top of his head. THEN He loaded some bags And some old empty sacks On a ramshakle sleigh And he hitched up - Dealthagar - Herald of Oblivion
. Then the Grinch said, "Giddyap!" And the sleigh started down Toward the homes where the
Wintermoor they say That the Lich's small heart Grew three sizes that day! And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight, He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light And he brought back the toys! And the food for the feast! Why he ever freed Aleph The Oracle to beat!And he... ...HE HIMSELF...! The Lich carved the roast beast!

[revised from a grinch stole christams]

Edited version

Every Moor down in Wintermoor liked Christmas a lot, but the Lich Lord who lived just North of Wintermoor in Caina, DID NOT!

The Lich Lord hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season! Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason?

It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.

It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.

But I think that the most likely reason of all may have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

Whatever the reason... His heart or his shoes, He stood there on Christmas Eve, hating the Moors. Staring down from his Golgotha with a sour, Lich frown, at the warm lighted windows below in their town. For he knew every Moor down in Wintermoor beneath was busy now, hanging a mistleoe wreath.

"And they're hanging their stockings!" he snarled with a sneer. "Tomorrow is Christmas! It's practically here!" Then he growled, with his Lich fingers nervously drumming, "I MUST find a way to keep Christmas from coming!"

For, tomorrow, he knew... ...All the Moor girls and boys would wake up bright and early. They'd rush for their toys! And then! Oh, the noise! Oh, the noise! Noise! Noise! Noise! That's one thing he hated! The NOISE! NOISE! NOISE! NOISE! Then the Moors, young and old, would sit down to a feast. And they'd feast! And they'd feast! And they'd FEAST! FEAST! FEAST! FEAST!

They would start on moor-pudding, and rare Moor-roast-beast which was something the Lich couldn't stand in the least! And THEN they'd do something he liked least of all! Every Moor down in Wintermoor, the tall and the small, would stand close together, with thier new Christmas bells ringing. They'd stand hand-in-hand. And the Moors would start singing! They'd sing! And they'd sing! AND they'd SING! SING! SING! SING!

And the more the Lich thought of the Moors-Christmas-Sing The more the Lich thought, "I must stop this whole thing! "Why for one hundred fifty-three years I've put up with it now! I MUST stop Christmas from coming! ...But HOW?"

Then he got an idea! An awful idea! THE LICH GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA! "I know just what to do!" The Lich Laughed in his throat. And he made a quick Santy Claus hat and a coat. And he chuckled, and clucked, "What a great Lich trick! "With this coat and this hat, I'll look just like Saint Nick!" "All I need is a reindeer..." The Lich looked around. But since reindeer are scarce on Ice Island, there was none to be found. Did that stop the old Lich...? No! The Lich simply said, "If I can't find a reindeer, I'll make one instead!" So he called - Dealthagar - Herald of Oblivion.

Then he took some red thread And he tied a big horn on top of his head. THEN He loaded some bags And some old empty sacks On a ramshakle sleigh And he hitched up - Dealthagar - Herald of Oblivion. Then the Grinch said, "Giddyap!" And the sleigh started down toward the homes where the

Wintermoor they say That the Lich's small heart Grew three sizes that day! And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight, He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light And he brought back the toys! And the food for the feast! Why he ever freed Aleph The Oracle to beat!And he... ...HE HIMSELF...! The Lich carved the roast beast!

[revised from A Grinch Stole Christmas

Last edited: