• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Pets - mare, white wyrm, firesteed, unicorn

Finegold

Journeyman
Seems to me that it might be worth traininv these guys up in the new system. Given they are currently 2-3 slots, should be able to get them pretty beefed up.

Although i dont see anyone running around with these critters.

Anyone with experiences to share on trainjng up and using old pets?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the nightmare has near 500 str it will be great.

I trained a white wyrm to 5 slots last week and gave it away. I was not impressed. The new cold drake is the same but smaller profile and has >GM stats to start.

Unicorns and Ki-Rins would be great if they had more points.

Finegold

Journeyman
Ya mare is 2 slot 525 strength.

I was thinking of guard whacking the ww. Poor thing.... but i need the stable room.

Im intrigued by leveling up my unicorn. Has magery, but not that fire breath to drain the mana. Could be fun.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im intrigued by leveling up my unicorn. Has magery, but not that fire breath to drain the mana. Could be fun.
Exactly! If they started with 450 str you would see them used.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ya mare is 2 slot 525 strength.

I was thinking of guard whacking the ww. Poor thing.... but i need the stable room.

What server are you on? I will gladly take the white wyrm off your hands...and give it a good home.

We use nightmares and fire steeds quite extensively in out guild. Even have our unicorn.

As for the unicorn, i know how pawain feels, but honestly, if spec'd right the unicorn is awesome. And I hate saying that because it's the fuglyest little thing in classic client. there are people I play with who would back that statement up...that she is awesome... and probably that she is the fugliest little thing too...another bonus for the unicorn, she has poison immunity. Add in the fact she can heal herself with Magery and she's looking not so bad.

Yes, because they have Magery unicorns are slightly short on points, but that doesn't take away of what they are capable of.

Last edited:

Emden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My Kirin has 1k HP, max resists, max regen, dragon breath, bleed and enhanced magery thingie. It can out kill a GD. Love my Kirin :)

PS, it also has 110 all fighting and Margery skills with max DPS and Dex for kung-fu fighting LOL