• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Orange Gloves? (Not NPC Miner)

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Was going through some old stuff I've had stashed away for many years and came up a loss on these.

Also I'm not talking about the pre-tram NPC miner's orange apron, gloves and gorget. Those are hue 443 and I have plenty of those.

I found a pair of orange studded gloves that are hue 42 in the same bag of old stuff. Drawing a blank on their origin (The stuff on the left is all NPC miner hue 443 stuff).

orangegloves.png

Anyone remember?

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most likely dyed when you could bug leather tubs to dye the cloth hues. You would sell the veteran tubs (runebook, leather and even metal) to npcs and buy them back, they would, for whatever reason, revert to cloth hue palette. This is also how alot of sigil metal items were reproduced over the years. Think mesanna tried to do her best to revert most of the neon tubs but some still exist.

and edit, I just went through some old neon dyed leather armor I had and found some of the same hue as yours above, so most likely that is where it is from.
1695594031095.png

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should have just added those bugged tubs as a new veterinarian reward

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@AntyvasII @skett

Both good suggestions, but don't apply to these. They are on my home shard of Napa and the Tiger Pelt was from Chessy.

These were in my bag of original gear from 98/99 (Pre-Tram) that I stashed away (I kept all my original clothes and favorite armor pieces together as it all became outdated). Bugged Neon tubs didn't exist until after vet rewards came into existence in 2001.

Only thing I can think of is they were looted from an NPC, similar to black sandals back in the day. Which one I have no idea.