• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Old Jet Black Horse / PP Nightmare

Doostur

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Price check on an old Jet Black Horse/PP nightmare from somewhere in the early 2000s I think. Had him on my character for at least 15-20 years. Doesn't eat meat or apples. Rideable. Always Extremely Happy. My character has no animal taming or lore.

ICQ = 12280469 / Discord= Derp#7795

blackhorse.jpg

Last edited:

a wizard

Journeyman

Scroll down to the bottom.

Pre-Publish 16 Legacies:

Publish 16 introduced a lot of changes to animal taming. The same patch that gave us armor itemization gave us visible pet stats, trainable skills, stable slots, pet bonding and control slots. Accounts that were active in this time period had their pets "normalized".

Nightmares that were tamed before Patch 16 and active at the time the patch hit had their Hits normalized to 315 and their strength normalized to 515.

One of the interesting things that happened were to accounts that were closed at the time Publish 16 hit. When those tamers returned, Their pets were normalized without physical resist and possible higher than normal other resists. Below is a nightmare that was tamed prior to Publish 16 but inactive when the publish hit servers.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How sad. A 41.55% PP Nightmare. Poor guy.

a wizard

Journeyman
How sad. A 41.55% PP Nightmare. Poor guy.
This sort of pet isn't something you would train, and thus cannot put the same value on as other dime-a-dozen pp mares, as it is much rarer than the common PP mares.. It's purely a collector's stall pet.

Doostur

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Scroll down to the bottom.

Pre-Publish 16 Legacies:

Publish 16 introduced a lot of changes to animal taming. The same patch that gave us armor itemization gave us visible pet stats, trainable skills, stable slots, pet bonding and control slots. Accounts that were active in this time period had their pets "normalized".

Nightmares that were tamed before Patch 16 and active at the time the patch hit had their Hits normalized to 315 and their strength normalized to 515.

One of the interesting things that happened were to accounts that were closed at the time Publish 16 hit. When those tamers returned, Their pets were normalized without physical resist and possible higher than normal other resists. Below is a nightmare that was tamed prior to Publish 16 but inactive when the publish hit servers.

Seems about right. My account was inactive when Publish 16 hit. Geez time flies... 20 years roughly. Been playing since Beta. My character is frozen in time... still wearing thr classic pvp outfit from the early 2000s :D

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This sort of pet isn't something you would train, and thus cannot put the same value on as other dime-a-dozen pp mares, as it is much rarer than the common PP mares.. It's purely a collector's stall pet.
Name Yourself Lore Ma Pet, so you can show off your rare banksitting pet next to you.

WhoTF can see in your stall? Even better. Name Yourself I gotz Rarez U cant Seez

Doostur

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious on value. I have many more old pets I'll post individually. I also have a bunch of dreadmares etc

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious on value. I have many more old pets I'll post individually. I also have a bunch of dreadmares etc
Not something that appears here daily. Have to have patience and hope someone who wants it sees the post.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oddity for sure.
I like the color and thanks for tagging @Loriel .
Being a PP Nightmare with "bad stats" excludes the crowd that will bid on it to train it. This is exclusively for collectors (guilty as charged).

However, due to color rarity. Id say 100 - 200m but it could be more with the right buyer (easter bunnies, oldschool horses with weird colors).
But since we havent had an auction with this type (in a while recently) it's hard to say,

(there's a group out there who'll take any bid of mine as "lowballing" so) I think the most fair is to make this an auction. I'll start with 100m for an auction.

Last edited:

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
id offer 250m for it. and im valuing it around 150-300m.
dreadmares are 600-800m for a average and pushing 1p for a high intensity.
PP mares range from 150-400m. sure u can ask 500m for a 80+ intense but u aint getting that. :p
banes ranging from 1-2.5p pending the intense and some pvp builds are pushing that easy as well.
thought id throw it out there.

and also....
dime-a-dozen? hardly true anymore for mares but maybe at one point.

a wizard

Journeyman
I mean, if someone was daft enough and felt so inclined to turn an actually rare pre patch mare into a weaker form of the countless trained prepatched mares out there already, then probably something like this. Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

dime-a-dozen? hardly true anymore for mares but maybe at one point.
Yeah, as in there are 20 years worth of prepatched mares out there. Versus the amount of these mares that had to meet a very uncommon set of circumstances during a very specific window.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I mean, if someone was daft enough and felt so inclined to turn an actually rare pre patch mare into a weaker form of the countless trained prepatched mares out there already, then probably something like this. Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Yeah, as in there are 20 years worth of prepatched mares out there. Versus the amount of these mares that had to meet a very uncommon set of circumstances during a very specific window.
lol i guess i was valuing it not training it but ok. read it however you like.

a wizard

Journeyman
lol i guess i was valuing it not training it but ok. read it however you like.
By that logic the red mare residing with the renowned and legendary tamers of CAH should be valued as nothing more than a prepatched mare that would be trained as well.

Last edited:

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
By that logic the red mare residing with the renowned and legendary tamers of CAH should be valued as nothing more than a prepatched mare that would be trained as well.
ok well i watch the markets and ive seen pricing and i only stated what i have seen. now your putting a red mare into the conversation. wonderful logic indeed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I had it it would be built instantly. Would that cheapen it? How? It is still a red Nightmare. Except now it would kill stuff and look good doing it.

Do they also not train Blaze Cus?

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
id train the **** outa it to0 @Pawain but id never get rid of it as im sure the current owners told themselves as well when they scored it into possession.
a wizard someone hurt u? can anyone not have opinions or is it just how your geared bro :(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do blaze cu sidhes not spawn still?
Trick question. The Ks like Cus as much as I like dragons. I wouldn't own a pink Dragon if one appeared. So no they would not train something they don't own.

Doostur

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if this matters, but my character has no animal taming or lore. I got this horse when a tamer was needed to tame them, and they could be transferred to characters with no taming related skills.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Saved Planner | uo-cah.com
Just put in Old Jet Black.
What more needed 703 points left. Resists ??? Specials ???
@Lex Darion @Pawain
Dont train it. Leave it as is.
These pets are just collectables, not for actual use.

Some people train up their easter bunnies (makes them lose 50m in value also), kind of useless.

EDIT: TO CLARIFY!
If you are gonna give it a forever home, then do with it what you wish.
If you are gonna own it and perhaps some day sell it, then dont train it. Your current view of what it should be trained with, might not match what someone else thinks it should be trained with.

Obviously training resists would be good to do, but Ill leave it at this.
As for specials, sure.. but who knows when Broadsword changes meta. This goes for anything.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I did some thread clean up and issued multiple warnings. Reply bans also issued.

If you're not contributing to the discussion in a positive or thoughtful manner, stay out of this thread.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure if this matters, but my character has no animal taming or lore. I got this horse when a tamer was needed to tame them, and they could be transferred to characters with no taming related skills.
That would only make the horse worth more as a "deco" Piece. You open the market to everyone.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think a trade would go through if you do not have the required taming.