• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Old Halloween Cloth

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello,

I found a bag of the old Halloween cloth in a chest. You got it by getting tricked while trick or treating and quickly cutting up the clothes you were wearing. I was wondering if those colors are the same shades you get now from the metallic cloth dye tub? If so, I can free up some much needed space.

Thanks,
Lady Marge of Chesapeake

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could use the EC hue ID tool to find out the number.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

I found a bag of the old Halloween cloth in a chest. You got it by getting tricked while trick or treating and quickly cutting up the clothes you were wearing. I was wondering if those colors are the same shades you get now from the metallic cloth dye tub? If so, I can free up some much needed space.

Thanks,
Lady Marge of Chesapeake
What a great idea, I wish I had thought of that before Trick or Treating ended. Oh well, there's always next year.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, tell us the ID numbers you find. The info might be plugged into the wiki later (or you could do it yourself).

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have the enhanced client and I don't think there is another way to find the color id without it. (At least none that I could find.) I dyed some regular cloth using the metallic cloth dye tub and it did combine with the Halloween cloth so I just dyed it all one color and filled some Bod's with it.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.......I dyed some regular cloth using the metallic cloth dye tub and it did combine with the Halloween cloth .......
WOW! good thinking and I'm blown away the Halloween colored cloth is the same as what we can replicate with the metallic dye tub.

Be blessed,
Frederick

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Come to think of it, I think the whole reason FOR the dye tub in question was to make the colors available for non-exploiters.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Come to think of it, I think the whole reason FOR the dye tub in question was to make the colors available for non-exploiters.
This is probably off topic but I always kinda scratch my head at this stuff. Its colored cloth. Who cares? I think part of the fun of the game is finding loopholes like the halloween cloth deal to acquire (through game mechanics) something that is a bit unique. This doesn't hurt anyone as it doesn't affect combat, economy etc. If someone wants to pay stupid $$ to buy it from someone - so what?

The fact they had to offer a dye tub to 'make everyone equal' is silly. What makes things interesting is uniqueness - not giving everyone the same things. I think exploits are duping gold, duping objects, speedhacking, or otherwise giving yourself an unfair advantage in the game. I still can't figgure out what unique colored cloth has to do with any sort of advantage.

Ok...carry on.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is probably off topic but I always kinda scratch my head at this stuff. Its colored cloth. Who cares? I think part of the fun of the game is finding loopholes like the halloween cloth deal to acquire (through game mechanics) something that is a bit unique. This doesn't hurt anyone as it doesn't affect combat, economy etc. If someone wants to pay stupid $$ to buy it from someone - so what?

The fact they had to offer a dye tub to 'make everyone equal' is silly. What makes things interesting is uniqueness - not giving everyone the same things. I think exploits are duping gold, duping objects, speedhacking, or otherwise giving yourself an unfair advantage in the game. I still can't figgure out what unique colored cloth has to do with any sort of advantage.

Ok...carry on.
Kind of like all that Spider Silk Cloth we all got. Yes it was a bug but UO allowed us to keep what we had, they just made it so we couldn't make more.