• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok who stole my skeletal dragon.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I decide to splurge and purchase a necromancy primer. Something about my sampire plus two skeletal dragons made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. So I head down to doom and call upon the ferryman of the dead. Without the skull he of course turns into a skeletal dragon. I end up controlling it and gating to luna. A few moments after coming out of the gate poof there goes my new pet. anyone else experience this?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm....wasn't the Dark Father an undead type? lol, drag him round with a collar on :D

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive had a number of skeletal dragons get lost when using moongates. using two at a time increased the frequency of losing at lest one of them for me.

Btw i think the df is a demon/elemental hybrid as he sensitive to both slayers. Undead slayers don't work on him.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive had a number of skeletal dragons get lost when using moongates. using two at a time increased the frequency of losing at lest one of them for me.

Btw i think the df is a demon/elemental hybrid as he sensitive to both slayers. Undead slayers don't work on him.
I lost a couple of rottings that way. However those just dissapeared. This time it poofed and made the dispel graphic. If that makes any sense.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
can you have untamed grey critters in town?
probably just got guard whacked.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a glitch that spellweavers using dryad's allure have experienced for some time. If you abandon them, they go poof. Sometimes this happens when hopping through gates.

In your case, however, after reading the rest of the thread, I think the Ferryman returned to his original form and lost his undead status, thus was no longer subject to your control. Go grab the skeletal dragons from from the Rat Dungeon by Sacrifice Ilshenar.

Also be aware. They don't play well with others. Their wither attack will hit other pets, summons, and players and will start fighting with them. So if you have two of them and sick them on the same creature, be ready for them to fight each other. Keep the all stop macro handy and be ready to invis them.

Having said that, they have a nice hit point leach ability and so are a bit like pet sampires. I make macros to control each one separately and send them off fighting by themselves away from each other. They do quite well unless up against powerful fire creatures like ancient wyrms and greater dragons.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also be aware. They don't play well with others. Their wither attack will hit other pets, summons, and players and will start fighting with them. So if you have two of them and sick them on the same creature, be ready for them to fight each other. Keep the all stop macro handy and be ready to invis them.

Having said that, they have a nice hit point leach ability and so are a bit like pet sampires. I make macros to control each one separately and send them off fighting by themselves away from each other. They do quite well unless up against powerful fire creatures like ancient wyrms and greater dragons.
Yep, i had quite a bit of fun playing with Skeletal Dragons on TC when i was testing out the Masteries. They definitely make decent tanks due to the Life Leech and high melee damage they deal. Only bad thing about them, like said, is their Wither/Poison Strike hitting other pets/players (including their owner), and aggroing them.
That bug with pets using AoE spells has been around forever, why they removed the WWs ability to cast Mass Curse. It's really nasty when you use Dryad's Allure to charm a Meer Eternal, and they use their "Spirit Lash" ability, which deals 100% Health damage divided by number of target's hit. They can one shot anyone/anything with that ability so long as only one target is in range of it.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, i had quite a bit of fun playing with Skeletal Dragons on TC when i was testing out the Masteries. They definitely make decent tanks due to the Life Leech and high melee damage they deal. Only bad thing about them, like said, is their Wither/Poison Strike hitting other pets/players (including their owner), and aggroing them.
That bug with pets using AoE spells has been around forever, why they removed the WWs ability to cast Mass Curse. It's really nasty when you use Dryad's Allure to charm a Meer Eternal, and they use their "Spirit Lash" ability, which deals 100% Health damage divided by number of target's hit. They can one shot anyone/anything with that ability so long as only one target is in range of it.
Yeah, that was nasty but you can no longer allure Meers. *cry*