• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok It's Getting Ridiculous

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, when mysticism first came out I understood that it would not be perfectly balanced or even close for that matter with other mage templates until all the kinks were worked out. However, for some reason unknown to what I believe to be every mage PvPer in UO, protection and cleanse winds has not yet been nerfed. I get it, you can purge them out of protection...if you are a mystic mage. What are other mage templates supposed to do against it other than stand there and look stupid? UO PvP is getting to the point where when two people fight it is more likely neither one die rather than one killing the other.

I'm not finished there. Why is it that cure pots are one of the only consumable items in the game without a cool down? They are more effective, and more often used than any other consumable (except for maybe apples which have a timer) in the game. Like it or not, mage PvP is centered around poison cycles. If a timer or nerf is not implemented for cure pots i suggest the mage spell "cure" (if anybody still has that macro'd) is removed from the game.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's not a timer on how many times you can get poisoned is there ? :next:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's not a timer on how many times you can get poisoned is there ? :next:
umm... yes there is a timer on poison... about a second if not in protection. Two people poisoning you, that would be .5 seconds per poison. etc etc. So, cure pots should at Least have a one second timer haha, of course there is no limit to how many times you can be poisoned, but also no limit to how many times you can use a cure pot, (ok maybe about the 400 or so you can carry if you wanna get technical)

H

HongKongCavalier

umm... yes there is a timer on poison... about a second if not in protection. Two people poisoning you, that would be .5 seconds per poison. etc etc. So, cure pots should at Least have a one second timer haha, of course there is no limit to how many times you can be poisoned, but also no limit to how many times you can use a cure pot, (ok maybe about the 400 or so you can carry if you wanna get technical)
How about no timers on drinking potions, but every 5th potion or so, the player has to pause to relieve himself?

Actually, I would prefer to see the timers on all potions eliminated altogether and replaced with mana cost.

By the way, sounds like an epic duel: poison, cure, poison, cure, poison, cure, *Server going down in 15 minutes*... ;)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surprised there is no 'good old days' post about pre item days fights being epic and player dies due to hand cramp. That RL pain and not game mechanics.

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Blaaaah"
Sounds like you got owned by someone tbh. Truth is certain templates are better at pvping against dexers....others against mages. You won't ever develop the perfect template that is the best at everything.

I do agree with you on cure pots though......a very small timer would bring poisoning back as a useful pvp skill.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
UO PvP is getting to the point where when two people fight it is more likely neither one die rather than one killing the other.
Bushi/dexxers have been around for 6 years. Have you ever seen two of these try to kill each other? It's impossible.

I understand the critique here, but it's not like this is a new phenomenon attributable to the institution of mysticism.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe once again that you are missing the point Undies. You can't mana vamp if you aren't a mage.
I get the point fine...its called rock scissors paper. Paper cannot do everything rock can...and he sure as heck cant take on scissors.

K

Kiminality

I get the point fine...its called rock scissors paper. Paper cannot do everything rock can...and he sure as heck cant take on scissors.
Scissors' main strength is in cutting.
If Paper can sneak up on Scissors, and wrap itself around the closed blades, there's nothing Scissors can do about it. Plus, Paper's got the speed advantage, because you can't run with Scissors.