• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok here we go - New +5 stat scrolls need to be avail to everyone, EVERYONE

Get the +5 now , you all know its comming

• Total voters

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, the only fail was people not using their heads for something more than keeping their ears apart, and cynical sellers preying on the gullible by fostering the panic.

O'Brien

Thought Police
Stratics Veteran
Nope, the only fail was people not using their heads for something more than keeping their ears apart, and cynical sellers preying on the gullible by fostering the panic.
Nope, there were two fails here. The one which you so eloquently stated, and the one you always avoid.

The playerbase reacted predictably to this. This could have all been averted if better handled by the EA-paid folks at UO Headquarters. :rolleyes:

So either they didn't make a good judgement call, just simply don't care, or is their way of watching the playerbase make fools out of themselves for their personal entertainment. Care to venture a guess which it is?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the playerbase that are idiots reacted like that :p

The ones with a little brain stayed calm. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neither
They expected the player base to have enough intelligence to realise that this couldn't be all there was. I realised it. Why didn't you?

Sir Ophid of Yew

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, there were two fails here. The one which you so eloquently stated, and the one you always avoid.

The playerbase reacted predictably to this. This could have all been averted if better handled by the EA-paid folks at UO Headquarters. :rolleyes:

So either they didn't make a good judgement call, just simply don't care, or is their way of watching the playerbase make fools out of themselves for their personal entertainment. Care to venture a guess which it is?
They simply don't care.

I spent hundreds of millions for a permanent drop. It may be time to turn in my accounts.

Ophid

O'Brien

Thought Police
Stratics Veteran
Neither
They expected the player base to have enough intelligence to realise that this couldn't be all there was. I realised it. Why didn't you?
Just as I expect Devs to have enough intelligence to predict that there would be an outcry from players if you give something like this out to a small group and don't say anything about it until 4 days after the fact?

O'Brien

Thought Police
Stratics Veteran
Neither
Oh, and to answer your question. First, lets be fair here. You didn't know the answer. Neither did I. No one knew except for UO Headquarters. That's the problem. Yes, you made a prediction and it happened to be correct. Congratulations. I thought you likely were right but I didn't want to commit myself either way. I didn't have to... There is a bigger issue here and the cheerleaders here are actively trying their distraction tactics that would make any EA staff member proud. :cheerleader: o_O

But I will tell you one thing that EA rarely fails at. That's denying access to the game if we miss a payment.

O'Brien

Thought Police
Stratics Veteran
Admitting you are wrong is hard is it? hehe
Well, yeah. Especially if I don't see where I was wrong. Maybe you can help? I said I didn't commit myself either way, and it doesn't look like you did either. I didn't go out and dump 100 mil on +5 stats. I didn't even waste my time on a broken event. But I admit if I were smarter, I would have attended and tried to get one of those scrolls to sell for 100mil before Mesanna's announcement. Now the folks who went and dealt with the disconnects/client crashes etc. and held onto the scrolls only to find that they will become a permanent drop, I hope they enjoyed themselves ;)
So it seems we may be in the same boat, except you joined the cheerleading squad at some point? :cheerleader:

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No one in their right mind ate this scroll. Everyone with half a brain sold it for 90+ mil because everyone with any foresight would know they would make it attainable.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes...it was a given that the devs and EMs would never make a foolish mistake like one time items that gives a significant and permanant pvp advantage to a subset of the playerbase, there can't possibly be a valid concern in being told "you don't want to miss this" and having such items handed out....I mean, it's not like in the past they've done this before or anything....

....oh wait...

1. AOS Stat bump (thankfully fixed but only after tons of player kickback and lost subs)
2. dreadmares
3. ridiculous stats on normally non-stat slots on certain EM items (somewhat rectified by the revised champ drop system)
4. event spellbooks on siege
5. imbuable event bows (60ssi blank comp bows)
6. and yes, the "4 years to 720 cap" i'd even say is a big one (chargers are cheap so ethy's aren't such a big deal)
etc.....

If the dev team REALLY did plan from the beginning to release these later to everyone they should have said so in the first place, anyone who's been around for more than a few years saw "260 cap" immediately saw what was going to happen one way or another, and even with the announcement now they've managed to piss off a LOT of people on both sides, if they had planned this like they claim they surely saw this would happen....not much of a plan unless the plan was to lose subs and get people angry at each other.

W

Woodsman

anyone who's been around for more than a few years saw "260 cap" immediately saw what was going to happen one way or another,
When you say anyone, do you include the devs?

And the people who are most upset seem to be the one who rushed out and spent hundreds of millions on items that had been in the game less than 48 hours, without knowing for sure if those items were truly rare. AOS should have taught those people that the devs aren't going to put something like this into the game without having it available elsewhere.

These are stat scrolls for christs sake, not statues of Exodus or some kind of recreation of the broken Honor moongate (which would have been cool as hell to have in our homes).
even with the announcement now they've managed to piss off a LOT of people on both sides, if they had planned this like they claim they surely saw this would happen....not much of a plan unless the plan was to lose subs and get people angry at each other.
Anybody who quits because they rushed out and spent hundreds of millions on an item that was within the game less than 48 hours, without knowing anything about the items, while irrational and impulsive, is not going to quit. Anybody that addicted to UO, that has the millions and that deliberately buys up those items in the hopes of selling them for even more money later on is not somebody who is going to up and quit UO over this.

If they have hundreds of millions to waste on these scrolls in the chance that they can make a big profit, they have plenty of more money sitting around. Those people quit out of boredom, not because they lose a few hundred million.

O'Brien

Thought Police
Stratics Veteran
So anyway, I wonder how many weeks or months or subscription cycles it's going to take for the "permanent drop" to be added?

Sir Ophid of Yew

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So anyway, I wonder how many weeks or months or subscription cycles it's going to take for the "permanent drop" to be added?
Probably about as long as it will take to get my 200,000,000 reimbursed for the 2 that I bought directly after the event knowing the event drops never repeat, and wanting to own one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are going to buy these scrolls, make sure they have not been used. Friend of mine bought one and when he clicked on it, it told him it was already used. If you plan on purchasing one of these make sure it does not have any type of character name on it. If so, then the scroll has been used by that player. Oddly enough, the scroll does not dissapear after being used.