• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok Gotta ask again what has changed with Pet AI?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just fightin Wind Eles and a Blod Spawned. Ok np I drag it out and have pet attack it, easy peasy.

Two more wind eles appear and sneak out and start to attack pet, again no problems but once wind ele gets down to about 12%, pet decideds it wants to fight one of the Wind Eles?????? WTF!!!!

I have it stop and kill the Blood again and it hits it once or twice then goes back to the Wind?

I thought it was fixed Years ago that pets would listne to last command?

Why is it that pets now seems to use the Rising Colasses AI and attack the strongest opponent?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing officially changed.

What pet is it and what are your lore/taming skills?

What kind of macros are you using? Individual commands or two commands one after the other?

If you're using multiple command macros like stop/follow, that could be the problem. It just takes a bit of lag or the wrong delay setup and the pet misses the stop command. Or you don't hear them refusing the first line of the macro, only their response to the second bit. So use a separate "petname stop" command for breaking fights and really pay attention to whether the pet obeys that command. Then tell it to kill the target. If that fixes the problem, you need to change your multi-command macros, probably increasing the delay between them.

I can honestly say that when my pets have obeyed a stop command, that's it. They don't go back to fighting. Sometimes if they're in the middle of casting a spell they can take a couple of commands to stop fighting completely. But that's it. Mid fight I've never experienced problems like you describe. So I think you really need to check your skills and setup first. Then page a GM to look at the pet and fill in bug reports.

Wenchy

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah Sorry I forgot

I am a true 120 mage / tamer and my macros are only one command macros.

The only thing I can think of is specific pets, Naming them.

But this is all new i have fought with pets for years and in PvP it used to be a rpoblem since targets could just agro a pet and tamer would have to stop / follow to get pet back close so there wre changes made to prevent this, but alas it is now happening again.

Like stated pet was fighting a Blood Ele, and a Wind ele was also hitting her.

Once the blood got down to 12 % the pet retargets a stronger target, somthing they should not do.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Yeah Sorry I forgot

Ok, in that case, if the commands are being obeyed and then the pet is going fighting something else, I'd page a GM and ask them to check your pet. If you can reproduce it, I'd send in a bug report too.

Wenchy

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TY, bug submitted looks like I am the only one? arrghh

Bug report was submitted twice I will prob hit up a GM if it happens again but, all i can think of is that there was a revert to an old AI but since no one else seems to acknowledge this problem might be pet / char related.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not done much hunting there, but the pets are once again totally stupid in the sand area of Twisted Weald. They don't listen. Tell them to follow you and they follow for a second or two, then stop and look at you like you are crazy etc. They had that changed for a while there and now it's back to the old way. So maybe they changed something across the board *shrugs*

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, I wonder if there might be either a pet/char bug or perhaps there is a line of sight issue again. Twisted Weald always used to be pretty lousy for LOS stuff, I used to herd pets behind me because it was more reliable than asking them to follow.

Wenchy

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I had the same line of thinking initially, but tried all my pets with both my tamers. Even in the large sand area when you first go in the pets just stop and look at you most of the time, even when walking in a straight line *shrugs*. I know when Twisted first hit it was bad for that, then they fixed it and pets worked great there for a good while. Whatever fix they did is borkededed again tho :(

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It definitely feels like a LOT of the old ML launch bugs are back, I've hit a few others that were fixed but suddenly happening again as well.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have noticed the same thing!! and it realy pisses me off!!

I do recall my pets being more obediant in the past now its a hastle to fight a group!

used to be you tell your pet to kill something it kept at it untill it was dead or it invised which i dont mind but this new ai is pure garbage! but oh well i don`t use my tamer much anymore!

this is all pets and diffrent toons also! i run some vollems on my non tamers and same issue with them, Not limited to same wrong weld either it happens doing t maps and the raiders and its getting stupid! glad i dont play my tamer much now days.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WildWobble, have you gone through the list I posted earlier in this thread?

If you have and you're still having problems, please file bug reports because you shouldn't have problems like that with pet AI.

Wenchy

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hunting in the abyss the other night and I had my Rune Beetle and Nightmare attack the mini champ... they were choming him a new one but I had to keep telling them to stop and retarget as they kept running back in to the spawn area to eat rats! it was so frustrating. I dread to think how irritating this would be if I had a pack of frenzied Ostartds.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I did notice yesterday the All Stop, All Follow Me command deal did not work on a few occasions. They would just stand there and look.