• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok, a little OT here but...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lego Batman the Videogame= awesome, well, according to my 5 yr old..

P

Pojman5

My son plays Dungeons and Dragons with me and my group. I raise my children hardcore.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is funny as hell. This thread got moved like 1 minute after I posted that last post. Hehe

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
D&D = raising a kid hardcore? Um sorry to say you have no idea what hardcore is.:p
If you want to go on a complexity rating D&D, or any of the Palladium based games are Hardcore. To start off with you actually have to think and use your imagination while playing, no one has drawn out the world in front of you. The DM's descriptions only go so far and to truly immerse yourself your going to to have to fill in the blanks with your own mind.

As much as I like playing UO hitting 120 in a skill is nothing compared to hitting 15th level with a cleric, or you and a group taking down a dragon (well if the Dragon is played properly that is).

If you don't think D&D and similar Tabletop RPG's aren't hardcore you've been playing with the wrong group...let me give you an example...

Say you were setting out to kill a dragon...you'd need the following.

300 hired henchmen to exhaust the usage of breath weapons, and spell the dragon has, and to keep the dragons followers at bay while you do the deed.

A high level cleric to heal wounds throughout the battle, and a mage capable of casting defensive magic to counter items the dragon can use out of it's horde.

You'd have to pray the DM didn't either think of or he failed his check to see if the dragon was involved with the Cult of the Dragon and took steps to insure that upon death it would begin the transformation into a Draco Lich

When the Beast Dies, you'd have to hope you survive the death throws..something the size of the average house doing the funky chicken on the ground can quite the mess.

If it becomes a Draco Lich hope your far far away at that moment or have claimed the phylactery as if it has immediate access to it's original body it doesn't suffer the majority of the temporary penalties for transformation. If your not that lucky I hope you realize they don't have a limit on Breath Weapon usage per day after that.

Kinda makes hitting one 4 times with a kryss sound kinda lame huh.......

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
D&D and other tabletop games...None are hardcore. As a matter of fact no game in the world is hardcore. You gotta know the meaning of the word hardcore first. Btw a lvl 15 cleric is easy to get to in D&D.

M

monnie101

I sense an epine being waved :p Come on you know what they meant. Believe me their are hardcore games. I have played much of them. UO itself is a hardcore game.