• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oh Wow...Syllaaaaa!!!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail All,

It's 7:40 PM (PST), and I recall off a random rune. I found myself on "Ice Island", and in front of a gorgeous castle. I see that the castle is for sale, vendors have been set up with some great items (A LOT of variety), and I see that it's Sylla's castle.

I observe for a bit, see a handful of people there, and I soon find Sylla herself placing things on the frozen ground for people to have. I thought, "Wow, that's very nice!"

I see a comment from Sylla stating that she would be leaving the game, and I was pretty shocked from this statement. Sylla has been around for a long time, and even though we've passed each other from time to time (like two ships in the night), it's always been amicable. I remember her from way back, and you know when you see people who've been around for awhile; it's pretty blinkin' cool seeing them.

I said some kind words, and she replies with some very sincere and kind words as well. Sylla, if you're reading this, you will be missed, and it's sad seeing you leave. Good luck with everything, and if you're reading this, I'm definitely having a full bottle of sake in your name. For the good times and great memories, this one's for you. *raises glass in your name*

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was there for a few minutes also (though noone saw me since I was stealthing) but I have a hard time watching long-time players leave the game so I left. Sylla, Godspeed in all of your real life adventures and may you look back and remember your days on UO with fondness. *curtsy*

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was there for a few minutes also (though noone saw me since I was stealthing) but I have a hard time watching long-time players leave the game so I left. Sylla, Godspeed in all of your real life adventures and may you look back and remember your days on UO with fondness. *curtsy*
Aye I know what you mean Mama, I didn't even look for stuff that she was giving away. I just talked with her for a little bit and since I knew she was an old time player I parted ways with her with a "Fare thee well" - something almost every person in UO has said at least once in their youth so I thought only fitting to say it as a final.
She told me all her UO friends were long gone to either enjoy RL or WoW, so at least she still will be with her friends on WoW!
And if she does come back I'd be more than happy to welcome her back *Smiles*
most people cant stay away from this silly game we call UO *guilty*
But again, if you are reading this Sylla....Thank you for the green mug and Fare thee well M'Lady.

B

BardMal

Mal & Ally were there as well. It is always a sad thing when parting ways with someone of such kindness and class.

I never knew Sylla in game, Ally and I having just now committed to moving to Baja. Yet even in departure did the Lady Sylla enhance our Baja experience.

It was obvious she was someone who dedicated much love and devotion to the game. From the way she decorated her UO home, to the class and care with which she dispense of her items, she seemed a thoughtful, considerate person.

Lady Sylla, if you are reading this;

May the the Light be an ever warming presence in your life, may the generosity of Love be reflected back to you in everything you see, may the fragrance of Joy be the aura that surrounds you. may you always feel the comfort of a Loving embrace.

Fare thee well in thy travels,
BardMal and the Lady Ally.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

I knew Sylla to be a caring and creative player; one of Honor & worthy of respect. Our virtual world is diminished by the departure of such players.

It is my hope that Sylla may one day return to us. And, that real life will be as kind and generous to Sylla as Sylla has been to all of us.

*Salutes*

Elladan of Baja

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arlon and I were there as well, was an incredible time, both fun and sad. She was indeed very kind and generous, has a wonderful sense of humor. I've only briefly met Sylla her and there in my time in this world, She's always been good to help out in a fight, healing ressing. But never got the chance to speak with her until that night. Sadly WoW is where her friends have gone and that is were she wishes to be. And rightfully so.

We will me you Sylla. May your journeys keep you entertained and be safe. And if you ever want to return, look me up, I hook you up with some gear and gold.

*waves sadly*

This was a shot I got while she was asking uo trivia, That was a lot of fun!! May have to steal that idea for a future event.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arlon and I were there as well, was an incredible time, both fun and sad. She was indeed very kind and generous, has a wonderful sense of humor. I've only briefly met Sylla her and there in my time in this world, She's always been good to help out in a fight, healing ressing. But never got the chance to speak with her until that night. Sadly WoW is where her friends have gone and that is were she wishes to be. And rightfully so.

We will me you Sylla. May your journeys keep you entertained and be safe. And if you ever want to return, look me up, I hook you up with some gear and gold.

*waves sadly*

This was a shot I got while she was asking uo trivia, That was a lot of fun!! May have to steal that idea for a future event.
I don't know if anyone remembers this, but it was way back. A Seer/Troubadour event, and the bugger's name was "The Jester" (probably a different name depending on shard). Basically, he/she/it would mysteriously appear in a crowded area, ask for "x" amount of volunteers or he/she would simply choose some from the crowd (with their consent, of course :D). He'd ask the participants to step through a gate into a secluded area, he'd ask trivia questions, and if any of the contestants got the wrong answer, there'd be a CRAP load of random spawn. If the contestants answered correctly, there would be no spawn, they'd get a cumulative score and the higher the score, the better the shwag. Contestants could help each other out, but it was usually among 3-5 contestants. Very fun event, and the UO Trivia that you mentioned, Oriana, smacked that memory to the forefront of my HEEEEEAAAD. Very fun, very exciting, and very random. With that said, I'm going to run around my house and estate whilst nude because the gardeners did a great job, and I'm going to show my appreciation.

What was that, sake bottle? You want me to take you with me? Okay, I will! :D I also dedicate this nude run around my sizeable estate to Sylla. *high 5's and hugs to ya* Oh, and WoW is evil. Like ICQ. That's right, I still maintain that after all these years that ICQ is evil.

B

BajaKurgan

Dag! you must have snapped that pic while I was out buying libations for all.
Either that or while I was carting off the many wonderful gift Sylla gave me.

That's right, I still maintain that after all these years that ICQ is evil.
But it makes getting a hold of you sooooooooo difficult!!!

Best of luck to you Sylla, in all you do.
And Thank You!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So that was you trying to tempt me with those beverages? Hmmm now I know! =)

T

thewickedkitten

Xel, it was extremely sweet of you to post this thread. It has made the experience of my full and official leave from UO so much easier (I actually left upon the release of WoW but have come back to play here or there through out the years). You were a pleasure to meet! I wish that we'd been able to cross paths more often in the past... *soft smile*

Mama Faith, Oriana, Kurgan, Elladan, Mal, Ally, Ceno & everyone else who was there this past Saturday evening.... Thank you very much for your kind words for the future and well wishes! The enjoyment that we all had and the sincerity that you each showed, turned what I had expected to be a completely bleak night... into one of relief and many smiles. I thought giving so much up... possessions and gifts over the years that had meant so much to me or required so much work... would be heart breaking. And while it does create a dull ache to see it all gone, that ache is nothing compared to the joy I experienced from finding fitting homes for each prized possession. Not a single person out of the 15+ that evening, were ungrateful or inconsiderate. Everyone seemed to enjoy watching their friends and even strangers, receive "the love". (Mama Faith, I wish you'd have let me know you were there, I'd have greatly liked to have shared some with you as well.)

As I lay my characters and account to rest, I'll leave with a picture and page to a comic I illustrated years ago. This will most likely be the last time I ever post them and shall consider it a small memorial to all the fun I had in UO.

Thank you again for all the fun memories!
Good luck to each and everyone one of you, in game and out! :D

- Sylla of Baja (2000-2009)

http://wickedkitten.comicgenesis.com/

Attachments

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Xel, it was extremely sweet of you to post this thread. It has made the experience of my full and official leave from UO so much easier (I actually left upon the release of WoW but have come back to play here or there through out the years). You were a pleasure to meet! I wish that we'd been able to cross paths more often in the past... *soft smile*

Mama Faith, Oriana, Kurgan, Elladan, Mal, Ally, Ceno & everyone else who was there this past Saturday evening.... Thank you very much for your kind words for the future and well wishes! The enjoyment that we all had and the sincerity that you each showed, turned what I had expected to be a completely bleak night... into one of relief and many smiles. I thought giving so much up... possessions and gifts over the years that had meant so much to me or required so much work... would be heart breaking. And while it does create a dull ache to see it all gone, that ache is nothing compared to the joy I experienced from finding fitting homes for each prized possession. Not a single person out of the 15+ that evening, were ungrateful or inconsiderate. Everyone seemed to enjoy watching their friends and even strangers, receive "the love". (Mama Faith, I wish you'd have let me know you were there, I'd have greatly liked to have shared some with you as well.)

As I lay my characters and account to rest, I'll leave with a picture and page to a comic I illustrated years ago. This will most likely be the last time I ever post them and shall consider it a small memorial to all the fun I had in UO.

Thank you again for all the fun memories!
Good luck to each and everyone one of you, in game and out! :D

- Sylla of Baja (2000-2009)

http://wickedkitten.comicgenesis.com/
Hi Sylla! I sent you a PM which I hope you'll read at your convenience. On that note, I had no idea that you have Legendary Artistic skills! Wow, very nice! *two sake bottles up* :shots: