• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

oh bored and reactivated my acc

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
soo....do people still play this game ? :)

I really enjoyed it for 7 years and atm there's nothing fun to play, so I thought ...hmmmm uo! Bit tricky to reactivate with this new EA thing...which is an EA thing...do new EA thing and annoy the crap out of everyone.

There's nothing I enjoyed more in my game life than sorting my loot and going to Doom. But Doom is dead right? Was so much fun, kept me sleep deprived for years :)

Anyway, what do people do these days in UO ? I am still in SOAR but for the life of it I can't remember how to talk in guild chat, or, if there was a guild chat.

And WHY don't they make a UO game with "proper" 20th century graphics? It was the best game ever, many of my fellow gamers agree. I will be hooked for life if they can just keep the mechanics, but update the graphics/client.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back!

Guild chat is \ and alliance chat is shift +\

There's also global chat now, which you can chat in using ,

I'm not playing much at the moment, real life is seriously impeding on my game time, but there's still some life in the guild and lots in the alliance, just shout, there's usually someone doing something!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also there is a more modern client you can download for free;

Ultima Online Client Downloads | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

Although it's a matter of personal taste and the Client Wars continue to this very day! If you do use it, just type /a for alliance and /g for guild chat. I'm in the wider alliance but not often on these days; if I am I'll do my best to help you get back up to speed too.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back! Doom has always been dead ... well, most of the inhabitants are in a way. But I still go there to fish for reaper fishies ... good fun when a lich peeks around the corner to shush away my rather helpless fisherman *grins*

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the welcome and info :)

And apologies for insulting the graphics...I keep forgetting it's a sensitive issue ;)

And what are vollems? Atm I keep myself busy finding "all my stuff" again, making a house and looking up what all those new things do. Just like 2 years ago :eek: Oh well keeps me off the streets.

So what type of chars are "favorite" these days? I do have a fishermen and couldn't resist buying high seas. But haven't tried it yet...gotta find my things first!

R

Rusko

if you plan on going to EM events and want a chance to get an item the only template that matters is a Thrower... Drops are awarded based on most damage output... so basically only gargoyles get stuff at EM events lol

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, if you like playing a fisherman it is a lot of fun these days ... and very boring at the same time. You can do the delivery quests now, which will get you better and better rewards the more often you do them, but you need to do them A LOT to get anything worth having, e.g. a powerscroll. At higher skill level (especially when you managed to get a powerscroll and can train past Grandmaster), you will catch rare fishes, some of them can be cooked into pies which will give the person eating them a specific boost for a few minutes. Some people like them and I actually sell them regularly at my shop. Have a look at the fishing section of Stratics and find out all about it (or uoguide.com, they are good as well). But be prepared: if you really want to be a legendary fisherman, it will take you a loooong time to get the powerscroll or the necessary funds to buy one, since they are exceedingly rare.

Oh, and about vollems: I have no idea myself. I built one last night, but it seems rather weak. So how that will help me with my fishing in dangerous areas I have no clue.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, John, I'm talking about the vollems in crystals, not the mechanical ones. The only place I can't go fishing as I please is Prism Of Light. That takes someone with a samp to stand in the first bit, right by the wall, and attract the attention of the spawn, leaving me free to fish in the second bit, right at the very top.

If you add herding to your template, things like reptalons are no longer a bother - just move them out of the way :)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, you mean I wasted the 4.500 gold pieces I paid for the book to build a vollem? Darn!

So, to get it right: I have a Vollem in a crystal (they cost more then 4.5k ... darn! again) and I guess I put it on the floor to distract the spawn and then I can fish my heart out? Never thought of that. Does it work with a squirrel in a crystal, too? I have one of them sitting on a shelf somewhere ....

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, you mean I wasted the 4.500 gold pieces I paid for the book to build a vollem? Darn!

So, to get it right: I have a Vollem in a crystal (they cost more then 4.5k ... darn! again) and I guess I put it on the floor to distract the spawn and then I can fish my heart out? Never thought of that. Does it work with a squirrel in a crystal, too? I have one of them sitting on a shelf somewhere ....
You could also have gotten a free book by running the Sutek quest in the abyss; I just throw them away when ever I'm down there for the Dawn Gears :p

Vollems in Crystals are much more expensive due to rarity and usefulness; but you need to break the crystal to get the insta-bonding pet out of them. And they aren't mechanical so they can be healed by normal pet methods instead.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could also have gotten a free book by running the Sutek quest in the abyss; I just throw them away when ever I'm down there for the Dawn Gears :p
Oh, I remember trying that quest over and over again a while ago and never being able to do it. I am just too slow ... as this thread is the living proof of. If I break the glass and receive an insta-bonding pet that, I assume, can be killed like any other pet, what is the brilliant thing about them then when fishing in dangerous places? I just don't get it .... *falls asleep again very slowly*

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*wakes up again for a minute* and how come we kidnapped helenaa's thread about something completely different with this? *blinks*

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you plan on going to EM events and want a chance to get an item the only template that matters is a Thrower... Drops are awarded based on most damage output... so basically only gargoyles get stuff at EM events lol
nah - mystic mage or mage tamer - havent missed a drop yet on either. Both me and missus got the katana last time Even With multiple deaths and not super gear. Also pure healers should have a fair shot these days

Welcome back! And enjoy your fishing :)

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh you're more than welcome hijacking "my" thread :) I am still busy sorting my stuff and browsing around all the shops, to see whats new. I used to play a provo tamer with a bit of magery, a chiv archer and a necro mage.

oh! and before I forget...

-is that Hemi I see?? I used to hang around his shop just staring at all those shinies, occasionally buying something
-and...when is the cleanup Britt going to end? and if it stays for a bit: is that blue etoille set I wanted last time I played still good? It's weird I still have some old gifts, considering I just collapsed 2 houses full of stuff back in 2004.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't seen an end-date so far. Guess it will be around for a while longer.

And the set is still good, especially in combination with the 10th Anniversary Sculpture (readily available from a lot of shops) which will give you 200 + 50xaccount years luck, so you can hike it up quite a lot.

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't seen an end-date so far. Guess it will be around for a while longer.

And the set is still good, especially in combination with the 10th Anniversary Sculpture (readily available from a lot of shops) which will give you 200 + 50xaccount years luck, so you can hike it up quite a lot.
Cleanup will stay as a permanent feature now, with a monthly exchange of dyes

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah, that should keep my chests tidy then ... errr ... once I tidied them up ... *blushes*

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Night :) And 10th anniversary sculpture? I haven't come across one yet. Want one ofcourse.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite a few shops have them. It looks like a purple-blueish UO sign sitting on a ball. Have a look around, the prices asked for it can differ immensely (somewhere between 100k and 150k should be an okay price). And it gives a character an 1 hour luck bump of 200 plus 50xaccount-years. You can use it once very 24 hours and if you lock out before the hour is up, it will continue next time you log on. With this I always get my miner up to over 2000 luck when I go mining for saltpeter ... helps with finding gigantic lumps of it :)

Draklon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...hijacking "my" thread...
*hijacks as well*

Also - 'ello NIGHT [EEV]

Have you guys run into any of the folks that were around back in ehm... '03-'05 (or something, can't really remember)?
We've been tracking down all the old [IMP] folk but are still looking for ZiGGe!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Other games i've played aren't worth mentioning)
???

I'm still here. I can remember IMP killing me one day and taking me champing with them the next :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*hijacks as well*

Also - 'ello NIGHT [EEV]

Have you guys run into any of the folks that were around back in ehm... '03-'05 (or something, can't really remember)?
We've been tracking down all the old [IMP] folk but are still looking for ZiGGe!

You'll find Zigge is in SAOR, along with a CLOWN member, if you're looking for any of those. Just shout out in global chat, someone should be able to tell you when he last logged in :)

Draklon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
???

I'm still here. I can remember IMP killing me one day and taking me champing with them the next :)
That does sound like something we'd do :)
Did you use to leave named creatures for us in random dungeons?

http://i47.***********/dy9dmv.jpg

Cailleach thanks for the info!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe yup, that's my Piper Lullabie training taming in Hythloth. She's all trained up now of course.

Miss Sorro

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*peeps in* :)

Hi,

OMG I still have pics of IMP members at the europe shard meet in London :p

Zigge[IMP]

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
*hijacks as well*

Also - 'ello NIGHT [EEV]

*Pops his head out from a hole in the ground, chewing on a carrot*

- What's up Drak!

Don't know how I could have missed this thread...? Feels just like it was yesterday we were roaming the lands, searching for.. err... something... to... err... fight? Though our days of people hunting usually resulted in Mirakel mistaking his Flamestrike key for his Greater Heal macro, making sure none other than him would get the insurance worth of a fellow IMP. :D

Draklon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*peeps in* :)

Hi,

OMG I still have pics of IMP members at the europe shard meet in London :p
That was a fun evening.
Got drunk, too much of the Bloody Mary and... ehm... you better hide those pictures! :D

*Pops his head out from a hole in the ground, chewing on a carrot*

- What's up Drak!

Don't know how I could have missed this thread...? Feels just like it was yesterday we were roaming the lands, searching for.. err... something... to... err... fight? Though our days of people hunting usually resulted in Mirakel mistaking his Flamestrike key for his Greater Heal macro, making sure none other than him would get the insurance worth of a fellow IMP. :D
Ziggeeeeeeeee :D
We found you! How's the UO treating you?

Zigge[IMP]

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
That was a fun evening.
Got drunk, too much of the Bloody Mary and... ehm... you better hide those pictures! :D

Ziggeeeeeeeee :D
We found you! How's the UO treating you?
UO is treating me the very same way I'm treating it. Like a grumpy old hag! :D

I only pvm these days, chasing those elusive artifacts. No luck so far, but one of these days I´ll hit the jackpot. I'm sure I will... I hope I will... I know I won't....