• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Offtopic stuff

• Thread starter SaraFunnyweather
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

SaraFunnyweather

I've looked on the offtopic forum here....and umm they look insane over there. Can we get some kind of offtopic forum for us over here in Toontown too or is it ok to just post offtopic stuff as a regular thread temporarily?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah just use this for a catch-all, since it's temporary. They are working on giving us our old stuff back, but using this format for it when it gets back. Hence why I don't want to shout for a calendar or adding extra forums yet. Do everything and anything you need to do right here :) with the exception, as I said in another post, for TF/SF codes.

S

SaraFunnyweather

Phew! I'm not as brave as Hile who posted there and got his first response which didn't seem to encourage any intelligent discussions over there LOL.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*back from looking*

I think I woulda put it in the general MMOG discussion forum, not OT. OT was (is?) supposed to be nothing about games.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Out of curiousity I looked over the OT forum on here looking for Hile's post (I am a huge football fan). All I can say is I'm scared!!! WOW!!! Sara had it pretty much right in her choice of the word "insane"!!!!

S

SaraFunnyweather

Yeah it's too bad that there seem to be so many insane posters there because some of the topics I would actually like to discuss. But I think my blood pressure couldn't handle all of the stupidity there.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a "normal" All-Stratics Off Topic. Hopefully they bring that back. I read teh 18+ OT occasionally but rarely contribute. They are good for a laugh most of the time.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally OT, but here is what $157.50 looks like...

:love: I did go on an insane gambling spree after this win, but left only $10 down with what I brought, which was nice. Back to the random OT..lol

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OT with regard to the belly fanclub:

LD had her second run with you guys. (First was before the site went down then we couldn't remember the schedule) This morning/last night's CFO with Trish.

We hope loading on didn't mess up any prearranged grouping.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OT with regard to the belly fanclub:

LD had her second run with you guys. (First was before the site went down then we couldn't remember the schedule) This morning/last night's CFO with Trish.

We hope loading on didn't mess up any prearranged grouping.
Nope, there's no such thing as grouping on the marathon runs. The goal is speed (to do it over again). :)

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, there's no such thing as grouping on the marathon runs. The goal is speed (to do it over again). :)
what?! even tues and thurs are marathon runs? i thought it was just for sundays. :(

is everyone else maxed? how do you get enough cogbucks in between runs?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tuesday's goal is basically "Unite shopping". The majority of us are maxed for this event. If you can get your bux between runs, or during other runs, then you're welcome to come back. So in other words, Tuesday is not the day to learn the crane or camp gags.

Thursday is the CEO. We do one CEO and that's it.

M

MsStathamSim

Hi everybody! I'm still alive...there's a link in my signature if anyone wants to know what I've been up to.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I am literally beat, but it was a beautiful and great day. We went to Ricketts Glenn state park and hiked the 7.5 mile Falls Path. It took 4 1/2 hours, but we made it back. I took a raft load of video of the waterfalls from my phone, but I gotta see if I can find a cable to transfer them. $.50 a image is a video is a little salty to send them all to my email. If you are ever in Northeast PA or even NYC/Jersey, it's worth a day trip. Here is Ganoga Falls, the largest in the park:

Overall a good weekend!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How big of a Walk in Closet do you need?? Does it become obsessive when it's bigger than you children's bedroom?

I draw what the customer wants, but when is big ENOUGH..rolleyes:
I thought I'd share this interesting fact about what the people, well at least the people who can afford a new house right now, are interested in.
If I was the kid I'd be asking to sleep in the closet..
"Mommy a monster is in my closet, can I sleep in yours??"

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good grief, that teeny bedroom doesn't even have a closet (well yeah i see it but the hall closet's even bigger than that thing), but the guest bedroom does? Poor kid...

S

Stubby

:popcorn: I thought you guys might like to see a pic of my new little luv!! We named her Trinity, for two reasons, one is because she only has three legs, and being a woman of faith, (Holy Trinity), I feel that she was led to us after we put down my beloved Bambo dog the other day.

Short bio, she is a pit or pit mix, 2 months old, found in the street with a badly broken hind leg, and her head cut open. Someone took her to our non-kill Humane Society and they removed the leg and spayed her and after a week nobody wanted her. We went there to put my dog Bambo down and when I went to find my husband after the deed was done, he was playing with her. They took her out of her cage to run around and she went straight to my husband. There must have been 10 people between them, but she went straight for him. They would not let her come home with us because we were very upset and said they would hold her all day the next day. Now, here she is, and we just love her. My older dog is abit annoyed and he misses his brother.

P

Pinky Pepperpow

:popcorn: I thought you guys might like to see a pic of my new little luv!! We named her Trinity, for two reasons, one is because she only has three legs, and being a woman of faith, I feel that she was led to us after we put down my beloved Bambo dog the other day.
Good for you! I had a 3 legger named Tripod and he was the happies little fur boy you've ever seen. Thanks for saving Trinity! Adoption rules....:party:

Judy

S

Sheriff Tricky

My boss at the winery has a three legged dog named Hoppy! The picture you shared and story are both inspiring.

B

Boots

Good grief, that teeny bedroom doesn't even have a closet (well yeah i see it but the hall closet's even bigger than that thing), but the guest bedroom does? Poor kid...
The flippin' *computer den* has a closet.

B

Boots

:lame:

OOooooohh, COME ON, you can do better than that!!
HEEEEYYYY!! :gun: :twak:

dat's me goil!!! :heart:

She was clearly paying homage to my (in)famous propensity toward horrific puns. So, she's not lame--*I* am.

S

Stubby

:popcorn: I thought you guys might like to see a pic of my new little luv!! We named her Trinity, for two reasons, one is because she only has three legs, and being a woman of faith, I feel that she was led to us after we put down my beloved Bambo dog the other day.
Good for you! I had a 3 legger named Tripod and he was the happies little fur boy you've ever seen. Thanks for saving Trinity! Adoption rules....:party:

Judy
My boss at the winery has a three legged dog named Hoppy! The picture you shared and story are both inspiring.
:popcorn: Thanks guys. She is so sweet and docile. Yesterday I put her in my lap and she stayed for over an hour. WHen I went to put her on the floor she was still sleeping soundly. Still potty training, but she doesn't mind staying in the kennel so that helps a lot. We leave it open when we are home, but at night and when we are out she goes in there to stay and she loves it. Now, I just wish my other dog would learn to tolerate her better.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She was clearly paying homage to my (in)famous propensity toward horrific puns. So, she's not lame--*I* am.
Clearly to you, and that's what counts! :heart:

*goes back to the lame corner*

M

MsStathamSim

Hi all, I wrote this yesterday (it's in LOLspeek, sorry)...

Owr ratty-boy Nuku goed 2 Raynbow Bridg lasst nyte. He wuz fyne wen
Mike givd teh rattiez dere foodz en meddisinz at bedtyme (owr
bedtyme), den wen Mike goed 2 giv dem meddisinz dis mornin, Nuku wuz
curld up al cumfy on hiz syde lookin lyke sleepin, but he had died.
He wuz 26 munfs old, en he havd surjeree 2 tayk a lump owt in March,
en it turnd owt 2 b kanser, en we knowd he havd mor lumpz growin in
hiz limf nodez, but he wuz doin so good, eetin en playin en givvin
Acorn en Cashew wut-for, dat we thot we wud hav mor tyme wif him heer.
Lots uv kryin in mai howse 2day, but we kno dat Nuku iz helfy en
happee en playin wif hiz brudder Maka up at teh Bridg. Mike didnt cal
me at skool, wich iz good, acuz Ai wudda bin a cumpleet rekk if Ai
knowd, but also iz bad acuz Mike wuz heer alown al day aftr findin
Nuku, en dats hard 2 deel wif. Ai em gunna miss Nuku lots.
Melissa (teenie)

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We'll miss you Nuku :(

Stubby, that dog is so adorable. Look at those puppy eyes, would be easy for it to get its way with me, I'm a sucker for droopy puppy eyes..hehe

I have an OT rant this evening. Well I return from the gym and find out the storm that came through knocked ONLY HALF of the power out. One half of my house has power, the other doesn't. The breakers are fine, so we are all like..:please: Of course the half that is out contains my bedroom and my cpu with all of my stuff on it. It's also hotter than a hot mama and I'll get to sleep without AC tonight. :sad2: BUT the guest bedroom where the dog sleeps has power, so it will get to sleep peacefully in the AC. I might move in for the night and she'll have to share her bed with me...:sword: Anyway, Have a nice evening all!

S

SaraFunnyweather

Wow that is one freaky powerout! I would definetly move in with the dog if I was you lol. That sounds so strange with the AC though. Do you have 2 airconditioners cause I thought AC was fine all over the house as long as the central part had power?

Speaking of AC's I feel so sorry for my mom back in sweden since they are having almost as much heat as we at the moment and can only rely on a fan for coolness. Having AC's are pretty rare among houseowners in sweden so she is really jealous of ours hehe.

Vanessa I'm sorry about your rat! But I'll have to admit it really took me a long time to work up the patience to read through that LOLspeek :eek:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I think I'm spoiled by AC..hehe
Unfortunately it's not a central air system and each room just has a window unit. So unless I was willing to plug into a heavy duty extention cord and risk a fire, I just passed. It wasn't too bad of a night though, the temps did drop into the 60's from that storm. I'm just hoping the outage didn't fry anything in the meantime (IE my new computer..etc) *crosses fingers*

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the electrician came today and found the problem. Somehow one of the receptacles in my room blew, which caused all of them to blow. So they had to move everything around to check every single recept. and eventually found one that was blacked out. My mom got a kick out of the electrician's assistant who was an Amish/Mennonite fellow and was flabbergasted on all of my electronics. He was like "I'm going to leave all of this unplugged since I have no clue what any of this is.."... Poor guy...:mf_prop:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm headed to Atlantic City for the day tomorrow, so the Top Toon Review will be posted on Sunday this week again. It's actually very interesting. Here it is 10pm. My Dad works 3rd shift and stayed up all day. So he went to sleep at 4pm, so he is 6 hours in. I have this feeling I will be woken up at about 3am and get told we should hit the road to beat the beach traffic...:sleep2: It's only about a 4 hour drive so hopefully he waits until the sun comes up. Then the plan is to spend the entire day and night and leave around midnight tomorrow and return home about 4am Sunday morning. It could be a 24 hour no-sleep marathon. It'll be fun though non the less. I plan to hit the slots a little and hopefully pay for some of the gas. Although we are taking my parent's Kia Rio which gets awesome MPG, so it shouldn't be too bad. The beach is ok there, but nothing too awesome, a little scurvy. I'll return to the forums

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm backkk, well it's 2AM and we left at 6AM, so only a 20 hour marathon!
Had an awesome time and even managed to bring some of my money back with me. BUT I'm beat and I will be getting some shut eye.....:sleep2: