• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Official Press Release from the office of Lord Cotton Eye Joe's Gubernatorial Campaign:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Official Press Release from the office of Lord Cotton Eye Joe's Gubernatorial Campaign:

Hello fellow Sosarians and citizens of Minoc. Today, while standing in the tellers window in Minoc, depositing a trade check, the kind teller Aelina, said I was the first customer to walk in the bank today. I couldn't believe it! 6:30pm on a weekend and no visitors to the bank!? The city of Minoc has been hit with a streak of mass exodus, and lack of commerce happening in our peaceful mining town. The current governor (Naitch), has turned his back on our city! He holds no events, he does no advertisement, or give tax breaks to bring in new life into this old industrial town. He doesn't even hold bi-weekly celebrations to reward the hard working miners! I tell you, my fellow Sosarians, I will bring this city back to life. I will cut the taxes, I will introduce useful town buffs, and I will most importantly, bring this city back to life!! All while ensuring the citizens of Minoc will be safe!

So today, I come to you, to ask for your support. This city needs fresh blood in the Governors chair to bring new life to this city, to make Minoc great again!

Thank you for your time, your consideration, and hopefully your vote.

God bless Minoc, and great world of Sosaria!

Lord Cotton Eye Joe - The Future Governor of Minoc

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Next Event:

Election Day: As the polls come to a close, win or lose, I will be having a feast for the ages. Downtown Minoc, at the bank, I will have tables with food and liquor, to celebrate the nomination of our Summer 2016 Governor.

Planned Events:

With my candidacy I'd also like to layout some proposed ideas for events. Us being a hard working mining community here are the few I've come up with so far:

1) Drunken Maze Run - Food, Drinks, and a run through the great maze.
2) Smelt Off - See who can smelt different stacks of ore quicker. Show off your true smelting skills.
3) Picnic - Old time Miners picnic, to be held in the cave closest to the bank.
4) Miner's Brawl - Old fashioned duel to the death w/ pickaxes only.

All of these are subject to change, and I will be willing to listen to all citizens of Minoc when deciding what events the public would enjoy to have.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
HEY! My crafter still goes to minoc when I need something. sometimes.

er, maybe it has been a while....

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Did you find the city to be booming with activities? Were you notified of the meetings and celebrations that should be occurring in our great city?

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Did you find the city to be booming with activities? Were you notified of the meetings and celebrations that should be occurring in our great city?
say who/what now?

haha, of course not. i am actually currently working trade to beef up the coffers of the downtrodden but resilient city of sacrifice.

though i really don't know what the money is good for. eh, whatever.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Voting has begun! Good luck to everyone!! Will have a meet and greet with your candidate in the near future!! More details to be posted later.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I assure you, there will be no violence in Minoc.
As I continue to pump money into Minoc's economy and trading goods throughout the land.... Raiders, bandits and thieves have waylaid me at all corners and even at sea! What can be done to
Voting has begun! Good luck to everyone!! Will have a meet and greet with your candidate in the near future!! More details to be posted later.
when's the rally yo?

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
At this time the future governor of Minoc is aiding his recovering sister from gallbladder surgery. Soon as this fantastic candidate is done tending to his family, he will be made available to all residents and visitors to the great city of Minoc.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thank you citizens of Minoc, and all supporters of the campaign. It is of great honor and privilege to be your Governor of Minoc. I will not let you down. You will see your votes were the right vote to make! I look forward to planning and scheduling some great events for all of us to part-take in. Even outside residents will be allowed!

I'd like to give a nod to Naitch and his team for putting up a great effort to rally the troops, and get the votes in. This was the most heated election cycle we've seen on Chessy in a long time. This is good for everyone on Chessy and UO as a whole. Naitch is a good guy, and hopefully soon he will see I am too.

I look forward to seeing you guys at the events, giving suggestions, and hearing your questions and comments. Feel free to pass all of the above to me at any time!

Thank you all again!

Lord Cotton Eye Joe - Governor of Minoc

ps: Check back for event schedule / link to separate thread.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bump since its gonna take another revolution to over throw naitch and restore Minoc back to greatness.
This man taxes us, and doesn't even give us tradedeals. Insulting! You shall be removed Naitch, once and forever.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Bump since its gonna take another revolution to over throw naitch and restore Minoc back to greatness.
This man taxes us, and doesn't even give us tradedeals. Insulting! You shall be removed Naitch, once and forever.

I did that months ago ...
Sounds like I am also renting space for free in some peoples heads.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've certified my bid for governor. Glad you tossed a trade deal on heading into the week of voting. Well played sir. Well played.