• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Off Topic

• Thread starter BadgerSmaker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

BadgerSmaker

Had a lovely two weeks off over christmas, spend lots of quality time with the wife and kids and enjoyed every minute.

Got badger junior girl into a nice routine with sleep that meant she was out like a light at 19:00, giving me lots of SWG time in the evenings. :)

Eventually levelled my Officer on Bria to 90, I'm in a great guild there called "Mean Old Bastards" and they only allow players 30 years or over which suits me to a tee. Really nice bunch of people.

My brother-in-law popped over while I was working from home just before my two weeks off and saw me running SWG in the background, I showed him a few things and it sparked his interest as he had quit back in pre-cu when subs started trailing off and few people were playing.

He rolled out a new toon on Chimaera and was level 78 when I checked last night. :)

Back at work now, my drive to work today seemed to have an accident on each junction of the M4 that I passed through, still was only a few minutes late.

Been working on the usual SWG stuff too, as the Game Play Senator has been absent for two months, I feel somewhat responsible for the position so have been filling in a bit, don't think I could face another six months doing it officially though and pretty sure SoE wouldn't want me to. :D

These are my current SWG projects:

Game Play Concept: Apprenticeship System + Spendable XP

Game Play Focus: Bugs and Issues

Game Play Focus: Simple solutions for unattended macroing.

P

Penti

All good on the family front then :) Nice to see a returnee....... wonder what happened to Oli returning? He said he had some work related issues to resolve and then he was gonna resub.

Shoulder still killing me after my Xmas "mishap" but will definately be in a fit state for Febs booze session, although I dont have the stamina that I used to :(

Work sucks at the moment, really quiet interrupted by periods of total and utter chaos !!!

Been helping some of the guildies grind up new toons and getting geared up for the FCTS when a few guys are bringing partially finished alts over and stuff. May even try a recruitment drive for DoW? It quietened down to a hardcore of about 8 or 9 of us which prevents problems with over subscribing to instance runs, but can be a little annoying when you're one player short as we're quite choosey over who we run with. Of course another benefit si that we know each other so well that we co-ordinate superbly (usually) and can blitz pretty much everything without issue, hence the sever first on the Imperial Hoth flawless run.

Would be nice to get some "fresh meat" into the guild though.

Decided to finally grind Penti up to Imperial Pilot and now remember why I never bothered....... its sooooooo frustrating. Try and run the same mission 6 times and fail immensely, then 7th time totally breeze it doing NOTHING different?

Oh well, back to Facebook then :)

B

BadgerSmaker

If you need pilot help, give me a shout. Not been flying much at all recently.

P

Penti

Cheers dude. I am on the cusp of getting the box for L6/L7 equipment certification, which would be a big help as I have a load of nice parts from my old Adv X-Wing that Jean-Luc made me, back in the day. Wonder what ever to happened to him?????

Went and blew up a load of Combatant Rebel Bases the other night, that were cluttering up Naboo, then done a little PvP last night. Eventually got bored and went Krayt hunting though as I need loads more hydrolase enzymes :(

B

BadgerSmaker

Being back at work has me too tired to play SWG in the evening most nights, especially if Badger Junior Girl is still awake, who can beat the true sandbox gameplay of Play-Doh? :)

P

Penti

Classic line mate !!!!

Mass exodus from <DoW> yesterday as the guild is basically dead. Apart from a hardcore of 8-10 players nobody is around. Looks like most of the guys have joined <Valor> and they seem like a decent bunch? I havent taken myself out yet, but looks like this weekend I will be wearing a new guild tag.........

Bit of a shame but there's just no real future in <DoW> :(

B

BadgerSmaker

Come and join SA mate, great bunch of people.

What happened to Kiako? He was the one that kept DOW ticking over I thought? I thought I saw him return recently?

P

Penti

He's had some health and work issues, but several promises of returning to the game havent materialised and lads have just got pissed off tbh.

I havent switched yet, but tbh the bunch of lads that were keeping <DoW> going are top fellas and we kinda said "everyone or no-one"......

TBH we had received another open invite from another guild a few months ago, but <SA> was another guild mentioned. We'll just see what happens. Think there may be some discussions over a few beers in 3-4 weeks time :D

B

BadgerSmaker

Ahh, if it's all of you looking for a new home than an Imperial guild might be more suitable than a mixed guild, hope you find a new home soon.

P

Penti

Took Penti into Valor yesterday to see what they are like, and they seem like a sound bunch. Havent run any instances or PvP'd with them yet so its a "wait and see" type move. All looks positive so far tho.......

B

BadgerSmaker

I noticed your corpse next to mine last night when I logged back in for the second time after the lag in restuss (LD)'d me... you were (LD) too.

I really need to buy a new PC, the server lag is bad enough but then throw in all the client lag I get and things get ridiculous.

B

BadgerSmaker

Got home last night, had a lovely dinner with the family then fell asleep with the baby. :D

Woke up about two hours later and hopped onto SWG and just chatted really, decided to do something productive before bed and tried to repro that Exar Kun entry big and cracked it!

Well, one element of it anyway. There is a cave art asset just next to the brazier, if you dismount from a vehicle on top of it, or too close to it, you get bugged client/server sync and are effectively stuck on the cave but your client lets you run around.

This is why you can't click on the brazier.

Asked Red-Dwarf to handle it with QA and PM'd the repro steps to Loche who said he'd take a look at it.

It was then I realised that I'd just spent 45 minutes doing what I do for a living, for free. Went to bed but every time I was about to drift off, Badger Junior woke up... this seemingly went on all night... not even sure I slept at all.

Very greatful for that two hours power-nap now!!! :D

P

Penti

I noticed your corpse next to mine last night when I logged back in for the second time after the lag in restuss (LD)'d me... you were (LD) too.

I really need to buy a new PC, the server lag is bad enough but then throw in all the client lag I get and things get ridiculous.
Yeah, I got no warning of anything just "Connection Lost" then couldnt log back in at all for about 20mins. Supertom had kept me alive for a little while, hoping that I could relog in time, but the rebels rolled the few imperials that were left do I returned as a corpse surrounded by reds.

Glad to hear that the EK entry bug is getting sorted, how about the IG entry bug? Have had it a few times over the last week and its bloody annoying coz if everyone gets in ok its a 6min instance. With the bug you end 30-60 mins and trying to do it with half your group stuck outside.......

B

BadgerSmaker

Do you get a silent failure when clicking on the terminal?

Two things worth checking.

Do /waypoint with nothing targetted to make sure your client reports you as standing where the server thinks you are standing.

Do /showi to see if you have any open instances.

How often do you get this problem mate?

P

Penti

Only had it recently about 3 or 4 times.

Symptoms are that the retina scan thing appears, countsdown to zero without interuption, then......... nothing.

So with the /wayp thing, what do u do if it reports you as being elsewhere? Sometimes this error clears by doing a 2-3 planet hop, sometimes a hard relog clears it. More often than not it doesnt clear at all.

B

BadgerSmaker

Only had it recently about 3 or 4 times.

Symptoms are that the retina scan thing appears, countsdown to zero without interuption, then......... nothing.

So with the /wayp thing, what do u do if it reports you as being elsewhere? Sometimes this error clears by doing a 2-3 planet hop, sometimes a hard relog clears it. More often than not it doesnt clear at all.
Ahh, well that sounds more like old fashioned silent failure. Unless the zip bar is client side, and the server does not validate your entry request because you aren't standing close enough... hmm...

If /way reports you as being elsewhere, try mounting/dismounting a vehicle, doing /sit and /stand and then try it again, those things usually reset it.

B

BadgerSmaker

Something like 18 days to the meet now, really looking forward to it. :)

P

Penti

You and me both mate. Any idea of numbers? I think there's at least 4 of my lot coming (including me). Noticed your little "dig" at Valara and the Gameplay Senator........

B

BadgerSmaker

Dunno how many will attend mate, usually over half that say they will come bottle it a the last moment, MMORPG players are not the most social bunch when it comes to irl. ;)

Would be surprised if its not more than last time though, think Valara might fail on the T-Shirts, but she's sent the sticker things anyway.

Such a simple thing to get right, but no surprise.

I feel somewhat responsible for the GP Senator spot, seeing as I got it created, Aucka is a total failure and Valara backing him up is making the whole community leader program look stupid.

I thought he was a good bloke but seems he's far too selfish if he clings on to the position for three months doing nothing.

That's the problem with the GP seat, too many people think it's a good way in to the MMORPG industry and pursue it for that reason.

P

Penti

Well from my lot there's Supertom, Locksley, Bliskin and myself, so worse case we can all get pissed together. I'm still looking forward to it regardless.....

Cant say I really look into the GPD forum, so wasnt even aware who the Senator was and havent seen Valara supporting him.

B

BadgerSmaker

Well by "Support" I mean she hasn't opened up nominations for three months.

She's off on maternity leave now so probably will see the last three months of Auckas term continue as is.

Wow, Supertom eh? That will be cool to meet him and all the others.

Gonna be great fun. I'm out clubbing in London tonight as an old mate is over from Brazil so I'm gonna take him for a night out. Should be a good warm up, hopefully it won't descend into drunken lunacy.... :/

P

Penti

Ahhhh, implied support by not doing anything about the situation....... cant say I've ever been too impressed by Valara. For a community manager she never seems to have been particularly "active". I'm sure there's plenty that goes on behind the scenes but......

So who's covering her work then and why dont they force a change of Senator?

Mate, Supertom is in soooooo much trouble. Me and the boys are gonna go to work on him big style and corrupt the poor little chap. Did you know he's only just turned 18? What is he letting himself in for :)

I have to confess that my boozing prowess has slipped somewhat. Aside from Xmas + NYE I havent really been out much (skint) and with the gym and all that I havent been drinking much. Cant remember the last time I went proper drinking at all !!!!

You gonna do a "2 weeks to go" bump and attendance summary for the meetup? Might prompt some confirmations/dropouts ?

B

BadgerSmaker

Was thinking of doing a credit farmer style in game mailspam :)

Elias is taking over things in Valara's absence, but I've never had him reply to one of my PMs so won't bother contacting him regarding T-Shirts.

I'll fire Virrago an IM as he's cool, see if he can sort it out for us.

Lol @ Supertom... gonna be a rough ride indeed. :)

P

Penti

Ouch, thats gotta hurt.......... Contemplating sorting out a hotel for next weekend?

B

BadgerSmaker

Might be a good idea, although I think I'd be alright rolling home in the morning, not as far for me.

B

BadgerSmaker

Well that was a really fun party, loved it... must do it again!

B

BadgerSmaker

All byyyy myyyy seeeellllfff....

Really enjoying Structures Trader over on Infinty, made my first BER43 harvester and set up to make a whole fleet of the damn things so that I can rip up enough resources to provide harvesters to the Haven community (a small group of survivors of the Free CTS).

Once that's done I'll respec to Munitions and start making an RE suit... then maybe try another trader prof... should keep me busy... err.. forever. :)

P

Penti

Sorry bruv, been somewhat distracted with work, snow, car and other related issues !!

Had a crackin time on Saturday. Was a great day and was glad so many people turned up. My highlight......... meeting Supertom !!!

I got home at some ungodly hour of Sunday morning having staggered around the streets utterly lost whilst trying to find St Pancras Station !!!! Left all the goodies you gave me at the pub as well :)

Definately gotta do this more often mate

B

BadgerSmaker

Damn, so no T-Shirt? I don't have any spares to give you either. :(

Not been on for PvP yet, so not sure how the Spy update looks. You had a chance yet?

T

The Home Guild

Had a lovely two weeks off over christmas, spend lots of quality time with the wife and kids and enjoyed every minute.

Got badger junior girl into a nice routine with sleep that meant she was out like a light at 19:00, giving me lots of SWG time in the evenings. :)

Eventually levelled my Officer on Bria to 90, I'm in a great guild there called "Mean Old Bastards" and they only allow players 30 years or over which suits me to a tee. Really nice bunch of people.

My brother-in-law popped over while I was working from home just before my two weeks off and saw me running SWG in the background, I showed him a few things and it sparked his interest as he had quit back in pre-cu when subs started trailing off and few people were playing.

He rolled out a new toon on Chimaera and was level 78 when I checked last night. :)

Back at work now, my drive to work today seemed to have an accident on each junction of the M4 that I passed through, still was only a few minutes late.

Been working on the usual SWG stuff too, as the Game Play Senator has been absent for two months, I feel somewhat responsible for the position so have been filling in a bit, don't think I could face another six months doing it officially though and pretty sure SoE wouldn't want me to. :D

These are my current SWG projects:

Game Play Concept: Apprenticeship System + Spendable XP

Game Play Focus: Bugs and Issues

Game Play Focus: Simple solutions for unattended macroing. [/QUOTE

T

The Home Guild

Hello,using slander[in my thread you closed] can be trouble.
You don't know me to imply my char on swg is red.
I have 2 old accts i opened when swg came out.
I have played ultima online for 11 years and during that time in 03
i tried out swg and played for a bit and closed acct due to it wasn't my thing.
they just sit there with rewards and credits and wasting away.
I'd like to find someone to trade me Ultima online gold for acct.
Next time Mr. Mod please don't make slanderous remarks and close a thread after accusing me of selling an acct that i must be lying.

My name is mike and nice to meet you.
thanks.

P

Penti

Eh? What the frick is that all about????

Oh well, dont worry about the tee-shirt thing, they looked kinda small anyway and those puzzle pen things were just irritating !!!

Havent tried the spy thing too much as I'm waiting for the FOTM ******* to get bored with it first. Specced out my toon and tested the PvE aspect, and the sustainable dps is there and works nicely. Certainly found that as a ranged spy the spike damage is certainly reduced. May need to play around with the expertise a little, or at least my mods setup as the action useage was as bad as previous. Tried PvP briefly and got my a$$ handed to me by masses of rebel spies.

Logged off in disgust, not coz I got pwned (had that enuff times previously) but the attitude of the respec FOTM numpties. Got killed by Atina and LordValor a couple of times and theres no gloating or smacktalk or nothing. These "new" spies are just the sort that I was dreading going spy. The real dregs of the server it seems........ Popping a spy passively, opening up on him and then getting ganked by his 20 mates that then spam /tells to me aint my idea of fun, so probably wont be pvping too much.

B

BadgerSmaker

Heh, cute... I think he had a thread up trying to buy/sell an account, which is nawty.

Noob spies are good for GCW usually, but they tend to group up with the decent spies and leech all their kills.

H

Hearon

Hey I randomly thought about SWG the other day, so I came on here to see if much was still happening.

I used to play on Chimaera years ago as Sabros Rael. I was a founding member of the <INCAP> guild and had a house in Babbleon when that was about.

Guys I remember running about with are Badger, Penti, Code Corax, Praecor Loth , a american guy called Jean-Luc, a guy who used to meditate and smoke lots of pot, Kasper Valentine and a load of other cool dudes. I remember running around with Pink Chitin armour on and not really being much use. Badger used to get drunk alot and shout at me at 2am on Teamspeak. If i remember correctly he used to live in a hospital called "St Crymore".

Trying to find pictures of those old days, but I think ive lost them in the hardrive of a old pc.

just saying hi to everyone

B

BadgerSmaker

Hey Sabros!

Great to hear from you again mate! Those were the days, eh? :p

You should be able to log into your account for free to get on a returning veteran trial. Try it and let me know if you need any help with anything.

C

Chota

Aloha folks.

Thought i'd drop a note saying hello to the folks that know me.

Signed up for potential usage of the warhammer boards.

Laters

Cho'

H

Hearon

hmm, no veteran trial as of yet.
I may just buy a month and see how the game is nowdays :)

One thing im unsure of. With the professions are you still able to mix and match them or once your a entertainer are you stuck as them forever?
In the old days I had a cool carbine guy who had dancing aswell.

B

BadgerSmaker

hmm, no veteran trial as of yet.
I may just buy a month and see how the game is nowdays :)

One thing im unsure of. With the professions are you still able to mix and match them or once your a entertainer are you stuck as them forever?
In the old days I had a cool carbine guy who had dancing aswell.
I think you just missed the free returning vet trial, but a months sub will be worth it!

You can change professions at any time now via Profession Counsellors that are outside Eisley, Coronet and Theed starport.

Level progress in Entertainer, the four Trader professions and the seven combat professions is saved independantly.

If you are a level 90 Jedi and you "respec" to Entertainer (and had never been an Entertainer before), you will be a level 5 Entertainer.

If you respec back to Jedi however, you will be level 90 again.

Keep an eye out for Praecor online mate, give me a shout and I'll help where possible.

Hello to Cho'ta as well! Long time no see!

H

Hearon

well, ive stuck in my original empire divided box and its been downloading patch upon patch upon patch. I think it might be done downloading early 2010

P

Penti

Hey I randomly thought about SWG the other day, so I came on here to see if much was still happening.

I used to play on Chimaera years ago as Sabros Rael. I was a founding member of the <INCAP> guild and had a house in Babbleon when that was about.

Guys I remember running about with are Badger, Penti, Code Corax, Praecor Loth , a american guy called Jean-Luc, a guy who used to meditate and smoke lots of pot, Kasper Valentine and a load of other cool dudes. I remember running around with Pink Chitin armour on and not really being much use. Badger used to get drunk alot and shout at me at 2am on Teamspeak. If i remember correctly he used to live in a hospital called "St Crymore".

Trying to find pictures of those old days, but I think ive lost them in the hardrive of a old pc.

just saying hi to everyone
BLOODY HELL, Sabros me old mucker. How the hell are you matey? Long time no see !! Christ I remember your old Carbineer/Dancer doing Corvette runs back in the day, or hunting out in the wilds of Endor with Code Corax. So how the hell are you and have you returned to the game?

I've been out of commision for a week or so after hurting my shoulder again and having surgery on it (only keyhole fortunately), hence not being ingame or on forums. But I'm kinda back now and would be great to see the old Sabros back in SWG again.

/tar Chota
/wave

Hi Cho, hows it going matey?

B

BadgerSmaker

I've been out of commision for a week or so after hurting my shoulder again and having surgery on it (only keyhole fortunately), hence not being ingame or on forums. But I'm kinda back now and would be great to see the old Sabros back in SWG again.
Ouch, glad to hear you are on the road to recovery mate.

You have toons on Infinity don't you? Fancy getting involved with the community I've been helping build over there?

The community is growing and it feels like playing SWG at launch, everyone is helping each other and there is a great spirit about it.

P

Penti

Yeah, I have a couple of toons there from the old days, but never really use them tbh. I'm not really able to play at the moment, so cant really commit to anything.

H

Hearon

Hey im finally ingame.
Though Im probably best starting a new character, any good career paths that I can level relativly quickly?

Ive got a entertainer on the go, but I would prefer a combat profession

B

BadgerSmaker

Hey im finally ingame.
Though Im probably best starting a new character, any good career paths that I can level relativly quickly?

Ive got a entertainer on the go, but I would prefer a combat profession
Make a Commando, get Cluster Bomb from expertise. Nice to level up with.

Check the stickies for more guides on levelling, or give me a shout in game.

C

Chota

I'm good..

A lot better than at christmas/NY. Was so ill spent 3 week sin bed and missed the season.

I see Scott has bit the DoW bullet and left. Missing folks but swg is just not something i can go back to.

Hows Valor? Their a good bunch and it's also one of the first guilds/city on Chimaera back when they were called New Valour corp. Say hi to folks for me.

B

BadgerSmaker

I thought Kiako had recently returned and was reforming DoW?

C

Chota

To much effort/hardwork and he didn't have the energy for it. He has joined SFR and has gone rebel.

P

Penti

Hi all :)

Didnt last long in Valor, not because anything was wrong, just didnt feel like a "home" ?

Have now formed -MI- Malicious Intent !! Primarily its the refugees from Gorath that joined DoW ie Cyxo, Laarz, Osss etc plus Drade, Tom, Seo, Morfeas and myself. We're just really getting going and havent done any recruiting, but I guess it makes sense to keep all the sarcasm etc in one place together ;)

I havent really played much recently as my shoulder is still fubar and the doc doesnt think the surgery has taken properly, so looks like I might have to have it redone. I'm hoping it'll be keyhole again, but seeing as it didnt work first time I may have to have more invasive procedure :(

J

JeanLuc

Well, I haven't been around in a while, seems my username got all prior posts dumped, so I'm making my first post saying "Hello" to the lot of you SWG types.