# of Fishing Quests?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
D

Destiny<3

I am having a bit of trouble, I have 6 current quests ongoing, but only 5 small crates in my hold, so one is missing. I was wondering if there is a limit on the number of fishing quests?? I was trying to sail to each location to get a crate but I guess that won't work...I keep getting the same crates for fred lobsters is why I am looking for alternatives :)

G

Gunga_Din

I am having a bit of trouble, I have 6 current quests ongoing, but only 5 small crates in my hold, so one is missing. I was wondering if there is a limit on the number of fishing quests?? I was trying to sail to each location to get a crate but I guess that won't work...I keep getting the same crates for fred lobsters is why I am looking for alternatives :)
You will just have to delete that quest. Same happened to me.

D

Destiny<3

Thanks, I guess I should have been paying better attention though, I don't know which one to delete :)

G

Gunga_Din

Think u will just have to turn some in till u figure it out.

Also, there is suppose to be a penalty from cancelling a quest, but there is no explanation of that . Typical.

kimhoward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 9, 2005
You need to be careful. When u have more than one quest for fishing the crates occasionally stack one on top of the other. I had a full crate. Obtained a new quest from different fish monger. Looked like I only had one crate. When I tried to get a new quest from city where filled crate should go it turned in the crate I could not see. It was under new crate. They should not cover each other but they do.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 3, 2007
The Netherlands
I still get completed quests sticky in my quest listing even after the 68.2 patch when doing several at a time.
Pretty annoying ...

M

Muu Bin

I still get completed quests sticky in my quest listing even after the 68.2 patch when doing several at a time.
Pretty annoying ...
Agreed! I currently have 2 crates in my hold and 5 quests pending in the Quest Log. This was supposed to be fixed with the patch but hasn't. One thing I would definitely like to see is a link between the crates and each quest in the Quest Log. In other words, if my crate says I have to bring 10 king crab to Vesper, tell me which fishmonger gave me the quest in the first place. Or... better yet... fix it so that the quest in question is removed from the log when completed. Wouldn't that be grand?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2008
Northern California
I have the quest log issue as well. Is there any way to get rid of the already done quests without canceling? I heard of a blow to reputation if you cancel a quest so I'm trying to avoid that. Those towns/fishmongers no longer give me quests it is really cramping the productivity of sailing around.

M

Muu Bin

Was thinking of paging a GM about this but I am pretty sure all they will do is cancel the quests for me and I'll lose any "points" I've already started with.

At the rate this is looking more like an endless grind for next to nothing, I am tempted just to let it all go and return to what I was doing pre-High Seas.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 3, 2007
The Netherlands
What I think I figured out sofar:

When turning in a quest at a dock you already took the quest from but haven't finished yet,
(and I imagine myself it gets even worse when turning in more then one quest simutainlesly at this dock),
then somehow the quest giver sometimes gets confused and does not properly sign off the quest ... you do not get this last window, because he also wants to tell you, you are not done yet with HIS quest.

Now, what works for me sofar ... is indeed complete HIS quest and return to him, often more then not, he will give you the remaining "lost" windows so you can finalize the sticky completed quest (if not repeat), before he offers his new one.

I hope this makes sense :D

I am not a native english speaker, sometimes explaning stuff is a bit tricky for me.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
Actually that explains, why i have absolutely no problems with those quest logs. *g*
- Using EC: no stacking/hiding crates in grid view

- to speed up my questing i decided to sail a fest route from one fishmonger to the next. That way I will always have delivered a crate from a specific one, before i reach him again for a new quest/delivery.

D

Destiny<3

That makes sense Umfufu :) Thanks! I finally figured out which npc I needed to go to, but I will remember this for the future.

D

Destiny<3

Actually that explains, why i have absolutely no problems with those quest logs. *g*
- Using EC: no stacking/hiding crates in grid view

- to speed up my questing i decided to sail a fest route from one fishmonger to the next. That way I will always have delivered a crate from a specific one, before i reach him again for a new quest/delivery.
I just tried the EC for a few minutes...sorry cant do it. :sad4:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004

Question, how does one get multiple Quests all at the same one time ?

Does one have to sail to all of the towns and ask the fishmongers there ?

Or can one recall to the town and pick up the quests and then return to the ship and get them done ?

D

Destiny<3

Question, how does one get multiple Quests all at the same one time ?

Does one have to sail to all of the towns and ask the fishmongers there ?

Or can one recall to the town and pick up the quests and then return to the ship and get them done ?
1. I sailed to different locations and picked up a quest from each fish monger available, 8 total.

2. Yes and no, see 3.

3. Yes you can recall if you are the same sub server area. I didnt do it until recently but boy does it save a LOT of time!!!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 25, 2004
www.lorddog.com
i just got 5 quests and 4 of them want fred :(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
It seems the Random Number Generator hates people.

For me, the Hummer Lobster was always the one I was getting multiples of.

Now, I got Hummers, but need Spineys for multiples.

And, as noted earlier by someone else, don't cancel the quests that seem bugged (too easy to delete the wrong one, even without the penalty). Just complete all the ones you have on board, then visit all the fishmongers again, to make the phantom quests go away. Or, you can get each quest one at a time, record the giver and destination (by checking your hold), and when the quest doesn't go away, finish all remaining quests regarding both cities, and check back with the fishmongers.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 24, 2003
What I think I figured out sofar:

When turning in a quest at a dock you already took the quest from but haven't finished yet,
(and I imagine myself it gets even worse when turning in more then one quest simutainlesly at this dock),
then somehow the quest giver sometimes gets confused and does not properly sign off the quest ... you do not get this last window, because he also wants to tell you, you are not done yet with HIS quest.

Now, what works for me sofar ... is indeed complete HIS quest and return to him, often more then not, he will give you the remaining "lost" windows so you can finalize the sticky completed quest (if not repeat), before he offers his new one.

I hope this makes sense :D

I am not a native english speaker, sometimes explaning stuff is a bit tricky for me.
I think you have most of the details correct. I'll try giving my version:

1. You receive a quest in Trinsic to deliver fish to Vesper.

2. On your way to the Vesper server, you stop off at Brit to nab another quest. This quest also asks you to deliver fish to Vesper.

3. You hit the Vesper docks and turn in your quest from Trinsic thus clearing the Trinsic quest from your queue.

4. You then try to get another quest from the monger before you fill the Brit order (from step 2).

Once you accept the new quest, the Brit quest (from step 2) is now "stuck" in your queue. Even if you complete the quest and remove the crate, it (the brit quest) will still be in your log as incomplete.

How to remove the quest without cancelling

Just leave it there. The next quest that asks you to deliver fish to Brit will clear the extra Brit quest from your log when completed.

How to avoid getting quests stuck in your log

Finish all quests you currently have to a town before you accept a new quest from that town.

In the above four step example I would not get a quest stuck in my log if I:

1. Fill the crate from the Trinsic monger (to Vesper) and talk to the Vesper monger to get my reward.

2. Fill the crate from the Brit monger (to Vesper) and talk to the Vesper monger to get my reward.

3. Talk to the Vesper monger (after I have completed all quests to him and there are no crates in my ship to deliver to Vesper) and accept a quest to deliver fish to another city.

Clear as mud?

X

Xexamedes

my "solution" to the multiple delivery hazard is simple, dont put the fish in the 2nd crate until after you hand in the 1st quest, then hop back to the boat, fill the next crate and hop over to the handin. so far this has avoided any bugs for me.

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 3, 2010
Great Lakes
my "solution" to the multiple delivery hazard is simple, dont put the fish in the 2nd crate until after you hand in the 1st quest, then hop back to the boat, fill the next crate and hop over to the handin. so far this has avoided any bugs for me.
Agreed ive been doing that and works perfect! ps anyone know how much loyality you lose when you decline?

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 24, 2010
sites.google.com
Wow. I;m getting worn out. A conservative estimate would 50+ but I'd guess into the 60's if not 70's for my number of fish quests. Had a 6 liner worth 85 'points' that got my hopes up but....More Stone crab bait. A whole lot more (85). By the time I get a scroll I'll be so burnt on fishing I won't ever make it to 105. :sad3: