• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Odd question about parrying

S

Seismic

My paladin:

110 Swords
100 Parry
100 Anat
100 Tactics
100 Resist
90 Healing
85 Chiv

Weird question: I never play him so I want to use the char to hold skills to swap for other characters that I actually play.

It's been SO long since I played him that I can't remember too well if Parry is easy to raise back up to GM or not, in case I ever want to use a warrior again.

I'm going to keep the 110 Swords, since that seemed to take awhile, and *maybe* GM tactics since it takes awhile to go 90-100. Should I keep Parry or not? I'd like to keep just 2 on the char..

Thanks

G

gjohnson5

My paladin:

110 Swords
100 Parry
100 Anat
100 Tactics
100 Resist
90 Healing
85 Chiv

Weird question: I never play him so I want to use the char to hold skills to swap for other characters that I actually play.

It's been SO long since I played him that I can't remember too well if Parry is easy to raise back up to GM or not, in case I ever want to use a warrior again.

I'm going to keep the 110 Swords, since that seemed to take awhile, and *maybe* GM tactics since it takes awhile to go 90-100. Should I keep Parry or not? I'd like to keep just 2 on the char..

Thanks
The yew sheep farm is by far the most convenient way of doing this. Yes it builds easy. The problem for me is it effectiveness after you hi 120. IMHO it should be better

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My paladin:

110 Swords
100 Parry
100 Anat
100 Tactics
100 Resist
90 Healing
85 Chiv

Thanks
In the past I've been able to work it from 0-120 in 4 hours. Lately I've seen posts of people having difficulty with it.

S

Stupid Miner

Parry is just about the easiest skill to raise. It's easier than focus. just get a bunch of sheep to attack you, make sure you're not holding a weapon you're skilled with, throw on some crappy suit with decent phys resist (GM spined leather) and have high regen or some way to heal. you want them to be doing 1 damage per hit. Then just sit there.

only thing that effects parry skill gain is number of times you get hit, does not depend on skill level of the fighter.

G

gjohnson5

IMHO the skill needs more effectiveness once raised to 120