• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Yew BrewFest 2016

Yew BrewFest 2016
Posted by TehanChesapeake
Ye Olde Winery in Yew
Monday, October 24, 2016 - 09:00 PM
Until: Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Friends & Citizens !

The City of Yew is proud to present its third edition of the famous liquor distillation contest, the Yew BrewFest 2016 !

During this event, the most brillant brewers across Sosaria are invited to present their best and most inventive brew and receipe, and give the chance to the attendees to taste, listen, and decide which contestant will deserve the much sought after title of Best Brewer of the Year !

This year's theme will be : "Which that does not kill you, only makes you stronger."

To this effect, the contestants are asked to brew two (2) kegs of their strongest drink (double distillation required), so that everyone can have the chance to taste, along with a book, where it should be written the ingredients of the drink, along with the history of how it was created, or where the inspiration came from.

Craft some not-for-sissies kickass rotgut ! And see who's worthy of Yew's drinking traditions !

After all the different drinks have been presented, the attendees will vote for their favorite to decide the winner of the event. Prizes will be awarded to the three (3) best products.

To conclude this celebration of the booze, there will be drinking games and contests.

An amnesty will be declared for the duration of the event, to allow more obscure characters to attend the event, for the sake of the brew, so no ork or pirate will be attacked during the event, provided that they participate to the event, and refrain from criminal actions for the duration.

We hope to see you in large numbers !

Tehan, Governor of Yew.

P.S. (OOC)
The ingredients do not need to be the real actual ingredients.. In fact, the most crazy ideas have the best chances ! The Rustic theme pack is needed.

If you need ideas, you can visit the Armory in Dragon's Watch (there is a teleporter tile to it at the Tea House). Go to the second floor, on east side, just out of the tavern, and you will be able to see the past years receipes on the diplay cases. Inside the tavern, there is a functionnal distillery you can use at your convenience, along with a variety of ingredients and kegs.

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My eyes are bloodshot just thinking about all the brews available to taste test!!

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is only one entry per contestant allowed? Just curious as I have 3 different brews matured and ready to go. :pint: If only one is allowed, I have 4 kegs ( found last years post and saw the 2 keg requirement) I can donate for the drinking contest. :beer:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
An amnesty will be declared for the duration of the event, to allow more obscure characters to attend the event, for the sake of the brew, so no ork or pirate will be attacked during the event, provided that they participate to the event, and refrain from criminal actions for the duration.
:eyes:

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is only one entry per contestant allowed? Just curious as I have 3 different brews matured and ready to go. :pint: If only one is allowed, I have 4 kegs ( found last years post and saw the 2 keg requirement) I can donate for the drinking contest. :beer:
Yes, one receipe per contestant please (2 kegs of it).

And that is TONIGHT !!