• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania Server Reset - 24hrs eaten by unknown Time Monster!

juztmee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So apparently all the game time yesterday on Oceania has been erased (the nothing has attacked!!!!). Some poor souls have lost 100+ floor tile decorations, poor crazy crafter's have enhanced their RSI , alas all in vain and new guild members welcomed have fallen into the void of "who are you?". Alas it also seems that even the GM's have no clue what ate the last 24hrs !!!! Anyone else experienced this evil time eating void?

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone else experienced this evil time eating void?
It used to happen all the time back in the day and was really just part of the game and we dealt with it!

I can't tell you how many items and houses I lost back then because of reverts.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Part of online gaming. Every now and then, **it happens.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It used to happen frequently - I remember 3 days lost once.

Last week it happened to Lake Superior. I spent an entire day training lockpicking and cartography. And the next day, all the gains were gone.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This isn't a revert on Oceania. This is a not saving issue. This is the second day and counting. They know about it but no ETA of the fix.

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Second day now this hasn't saved, if this was Atlantic the dummy would be across the room by now. You all know that.

No response from Broadsword, no reply from GM's, this is the bit that pi$$as people off.

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
WTF two days in a row! After the first day I was thinking no worries things happen, but to wake up today to the same thing again is a little annoying! Exactly sheps!

valor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So Terrible! It happened again in Oceania! The issue need to be fixed ASAP!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try this @Mesanna, @Kyronix, @Bleak! HELP! The situation on Oceana is dire! Please send a rescue back-up server ASAP!!!!

And some sort of compensory item is in order for them as well! Two days of no play is NOT acceptable!

juztmee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So I'm guessing then the original response telling us that this was due to other things, and it occurred on other shards etc ...was found to not be the issue.It takes two days to confirm a server isn't saving data after getting feedback through multiple official channels after the first day? Sadly disappointing but unfortunately not surprising :(

juztmee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So it seems it "may" be fixed... day one was a revert because of an issue and then day two the server didn't save .. so seems its a bit of both... still no guarantees that your house decorating talents wont disappear , or you completed bods won't sneak out and hit the rewind on the DVD bod player... so try not to exert your game play energy too much :danceb: