• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania PVP Thread - Episode 12 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

OK, so we've been having a chat to some PvPers who were worried that PvP doesn't get a fair go on these boards. As a result, the moderators have agreed to allow this thread to be stickied so it can serve as the home for PvP talk on this board. Contrary to what many believe, we both understand that PvP is an important part of UO and we're willing to work with you guys as long as you are willing to work with us.

We will allow smack talk (moreso than normal threads that would likely have been locked on the forum), however, please do not get carried away with it.

Now, this thread is aimed to give the 'PvPers' who wish to discuss PvP topics and smack talk a place to do so.
<blockquote><hr>

DO NOT mention anything to do with hacking, third party software, accusations of people using them, exploits &amp; scams. You will get a nice 24 hour ban from this forum if you want to try your luck. This is the only warning you will get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Examples on the Difference between <u>Personal Attacks</u> and <u>Game Smack Talk</u>:<ul>[*]<u>Personal Attacks</u>: Personal insults to get them annoyed and provoking them to attack you, such as "Your a fat housey"[*]<u>Game Smack Talk</u>: Smack talk is putting ones opinions out as to how bad they are and how they cannot pvp or duel; such as "Your shocking on a mage so you can only play overpowered templates."[/list](Thanks to Petrify for the original penning of these two examples.)

<u>Please note</u>:<ul>[*]This is your place to talk about PvP. Any other threads started outside of this one will be Moderated as harshly as all other threads. Best thing is to keep all PvP talk in here.[*]Understand the difference between this thread and normal threads. Just cause you can talk smack in here, doesn't mean you can go to normal threads and do the same to non-PvPers there.[/list]<u>One last thing you should know about the forums here</u>:<ul>[*]If one post gets removed, ALL posts linked to that via replies will also get moved. This means you may come here to see your post removed when it was not offensive. This means you replied to a post that was removed and so yours went as well. Best bet? Reply to the original post (this one) so yours doesn't get accidentally removed as well.[/list]

And lastly: If you can't handle the smack talk, don't come into this thread.

I

imported_thenow

Who who wants losers advice from trash talking cowards opk? :p

G

you trying to do a stutter rap or something mate ?? or are you an owl in disguise ????

G

Ah good finally removed that pile of unadulterated trash
NEXT!

I

imported_thenow

owl in disguise. Certain ppl like my owl antics,

speaking of that, I'm disappointed, normally by now I would had 4/5 responses at least from certain members of our community

G

lols gotta remember when you posted that most of em where just getting home from school lols. give em time to do their homework, and have mum give em dinner then they will be here.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

lols gotta remember when you posted that most of em where just getting home from school lols. give em time to do their homework, and have mum give em dinner then they will be here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol @ you. Nice try.

Only two OPK are young enough to still be going to school, pretty sure it will soon only be one... (Drac almost about to finish yr12 I think). The rest of us are either working, studying in some kind of tertiary education, being parents or all of the above...

Really what you have posted only applies to one of us... (sorry Pet :p). So before you come here to the "PvP thread' spouting nonsense out of your (self proclaimed) Trammy mouth, get your facts straight!

Oh an yeh I realize you probably posted that to provoke a reaction, so yeh I bite, but I really couldn't pass up showing how stupidly thought out your post was.

A

Anubis Oceania

<blockquote><hr>

Oh an yeh I realize you probably posted that to provoke a reaction

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, they're just stupid, clueless, mis-informed rumor-mongers.

I

imported_thenow

Seems they been sent to their rooms as well. Rons and co must have been throwing some severe tantrums again. "Get the *&amp;^% out of my room" "I HATE you ya newb" and such.
AAnd anewbis is still just trying to crawl back to his lover, sorry but Pettles has been sent to his room for the night.Besides I've heard pettles say some bad things about you anewbis, ur performance not up to Rons standards it seems.

PS- did the 'AAnd' word seem funny to you too?

I

imported_JediSith

Who's Zoyas Eaten Baby?? As i would like to shake the person's hand....

Where McNut havent seen him on lately...

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Who who wants losers advice from trash talking cowards opk? :p

[/ QUOTE ]

You then replied to him with...

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done on making yourself sound even more stupid lol

G

PVP is dead on this shard.

Solo'd rats at fire and not a single soul came.

wtf is happening?
even though the last few patches towards pvp fixed alot of gimpyness, it has driven too many players away from Oceania.
It's [censored] ridiculous.
we have two guilds atm in fel, KOV &amp; OPK, pretty [censored] lame if u ask me.
Theres only a couple of decent pvpers in KOV namely Gendo and Wishes.
ROFL is dieing, Nush is leaving, I may aswell go too.

Waste of [censored] time.

Not looking for a response just venting.

D

Dalecti

opk killed pvp on this shard by being too efficient. when 6 can take on 30, and usually win (like around 80%) there is no pvp.

which is a shame, because uo pvp is rivalled only by eve, and uo's is superior in its mechanics and execution.

alas.

G

6 vs 30? (those 30 would have to be pretty damn shjit)

Man, i just wanna see 30 ppl online at once.

D

Dalecti

we did it a bunch of times. ron, ron, cookie, myself (back when i was decent), pet, drac. if we had 2 or 3 more on, like heron, or etern, it was a joke.

G

lol, I bet. Woulda been hell funny.

Just sad that a game as good as this one is so dead.

Not sure about the History of UO in regards to numbers on the shard.

Have we ever had periods like this and people end up coming back?
or does UO (oceania) look like its heading towards it's end?

I

imported_thenow

Typical egomaniac and deluded opk response. The pathetic thing is opk probably believe this as true , that says it all about opk. lol , honestly , lol , opk killed pvp because they too efficient, rofl, if only you guys could actually hear yourselves.
And we all know about how'efficient' opk are.

And anewbis, lol, your even more funny. You always give yourself away, so you're sad that you havent been sent to pettles room with him, ahhh, too bad , so sad. But as I said before, your performance is not as good as Rons.

D

dum3886

Actually i have to say... when tc left.. ocieana died lol...
Sure they used gay tactics, out numbered you etc etc... but look at Kov, OPK now. It's either dismount gank or para ganks.
Sure you people hated them... but guess what? You also needed them.. i for one will admit i miss TC.

There is probably a way to fix ocieana pvp but well.. none of you would go along with it.. it'll mean splitting ur guilds up and fighting alongside your "enemies" (maybe making 4 equally str'd guilds).. lol good luck with that...

Not only would making 4 guilds make it more balanced.. people will find it more interesting. knowing your action could tip the scale and determine if they keep the spawn or not.. rather then it being.... "ooo look rons have scouted us... lets leave"...

After Mother Russia left... wasn't really all that much fun... i tried to make a third guild to help balance ocieana but the inconsistency of people logging in just made it impossible... + also the fact KOV was recruiting like mad... KOV + TC became one guild... OPK.. nothing needed to be said...

G

You guys are just too silly

Posts have gone, PM's are being sent.. you all keep a person busy...

Let's just enjoy the board warrioring without getting all racial and ugly, shall we?

A

Anubis Oceania

why not ban ******* like "thenow" and "dum3886" ??

you'd be doing everyone a favour

(it's not like they can write anything coherent anyway)

talk about biased....

D

dum3886

smart seeing he wasn't refering to me seeing he didn't pm me and my post wasn't attacking anyone in particular. What i said i like TC... you think thats racist :O? Ohh no sorry for liking a guild you didn't, plz ban me now. Nor did i attack OPK or KOV, i merely mentioned/gave MY opinion that they were too over powered to have on a server thats so unpopulated. Your creating a barrier for any other guilds.

Sorry for offering my opinion seeing only 15 yr old OPK opinions seem to matter now. Now that LAST sentence was a direct attack at you and pet... primarily you bcz... but meh you asked for it.

Don't pick a fight you can't win kid. I only payed the [censored] out of you and pet bcz you both think your so good and like to degrade people. You don't see me making fun of beaver, squeaky or paza do you? I believe i actually complimented paza.

I think the last discussion board proved this. You write about totoally irrelevant topics when you have nothing to say then you call on other opk to help defend for you...

Ohh and what was wrong with my last post?... Giving my opinion on how to save ocieana pvp... oo dear god :O Slay me now for trying to help the people who still play uo. Why do you even come here.. you don't even have an active account? You weren't even an average pvper too. You were always targeted first bcz you were pretty much a free kill, so stop acting like ur pro at this game.

I

imported_thenow

You're so funny lol , you are really too easy.
No bannings or deleted ones for me or PM's.Nothing from me is warranted as such. However I missed the ones deleted so I didnt get to read em, no matter , just dribble I'd wager as normal.

Edit- By the way In the future I'd advise you not to notify Mods in fits of crying n whinging[as you and your ex-lover do] as it brings attention to your own post, thus warnings and deletions to yourself. lol , man your a sandwich short of a picnic thats for sure, actually in your case there are no sandwiches in the picnic at all. lol

G

Mate, Nush, ill miss ya. You built some truly original templates on this shard.

I have to agree on your suggestions on splitting up KOV, it wont happen though.

It would be the closet thing to bringing back some form of action at spawns. But everyone is too scared to break away from their SAFETY NET and actually compete against each other.

Wtf anubis? Get the [censored] outta here. lol Nush has owned u so many times in here and in UO when u were playing, it's not even funny.

Your comments have no sway in here ****get.

Sick of hearing u dribble on about the same crap over and over.

How about try and argue some of Nushs points....? Can't? oh well...

As far as im concerned Dumdum (nush) has owned yourself and pet in here many times over the last week or so.

If your going to stay and here and dribble, atleast argue his points because your not doing yourself any justice by saying:
"English please" or any other stupid two word comment you can type.

Becasue you know you can read and understand his posts like everyone else. (very good posts mind you, if you even bothered to read them)

Ciao for now

oh and PS - i don't give a [censored] about spelling or grammer so **** you.

Edit* Yes, this shard did die when TC left.

I

imported_JediSith

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

jezza mate.. watch out that might turn KOV against you... I know it wont happen because Mr. Nutty will choke on his acorn before that happens...

Or is Zoya the new Morri.. And has KOV under her thumb..

A

Anubis Oceania

<blockquote><hr>

Don't pick a fight you can't win kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kid? I'm older than you think. I'm probably at least 6 years older than you.

<blockquote><hr>

Why do you even come here.. you don't even have an active account? You weren't even an average pvper too. You were always targeted first bcz you were pretty much a free kill, so stop acting like ur pro at this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not acting like I think I'm a pro. Furthermore, I'm entitled to an opinion regardless of whether I have an active account or not. Yes, I've quit UO, but I like to keep up to date on what's going on with it.

You think you're more privileged because you have an active account? You're an idiot for wasting your money on this game (oh wait, your parents probably pay for it) when this game is dying and pvp on Oceania is dead.

Did I ever say anywhere that I was any good at pvp? And you think you're all badass because you could kill me with your gimp templates. You're a joke.

Btw, I was a "free kill" because I had crap gear and my characters skills weren't all 120s. When someone has 40 phys resist and 60 fire, of course they're going to be an easy kill. It just shows how stupid this game has become when items make a vast difference between living and dying.

<blockquote><hr>

Wtf anubis? Get the [censored] outta here. lol Nush has owned u so many times in here and in UO when u were playing, it's not even funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it IS funny. Why? Because you feel you "owned" me with your gimp 4fc chiv/poisoning templates. Do you feel like you're a pro when you use a template that requires no skill?

G

Ahh Jedi, jealously is a curse didnt you know?

You are just upset that your request to join KOV was turned down
and you still havent gotten over it, so you decided to be an opk fanboi who cant pvp...

Why havent we seen any of the photos you took of all the net cafes you visited on your "trip"? im sure they would outnumber any other pics by at least 2 to 1.

G

Oi! You there, the former PM!

Get... out!

Thought you would of learned from last month that Australia has voted for new leadership with fresh ideas for Australia's future! Not just idea's anymore either, already signed KYOTO!

I'm sure the stratics name of BNelson is available although I'm not sure thats a great idea...

<blockquote><hr>

According to the latest Newspoll, published in The Australian yesterday, just 14 per cent of voters believed the new Opposition Leader would make a better prime minister than Kevin Rudd - the same figure secured by former Labor leader Simon Crean shortly before he was replaced by Mark Latham in 2003.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22872211-5013871,00.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you left em up... the creek without a paddle Johnny, oh well can't say I'm complaining

G

<blockquote><hr>

opk killed pvp on this shard by being too efficient. when 6 can take on 30, and usually win (like around 80%) there is no pvp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh once again the great Dalecti speaks the truth.

I found it more amusing when two rons and myself took out 9 of "tc's best" (they were even guard hugging) at BMG. Of course we were on reds, they were on blues, we were on scribe mages, they were on dismounters/necros/tamers/4fc chiv dexxers/bushido evaders and maybe one mage.

Another incident was when one ron and myself took out 8 KOV at oasis, never seen so many people drop so quickly and easily.

<blockquote><hr>

I only payed the [censored] out of you and pet bcz you both think your so good and like to degrade people

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Well you've never offended me. Oh ohh wait yeah that's right, you simpleton trammelites get offended by [censored] thats said to you in game and on the forums. If your trying to offend me your doing a mighty [censored] job at it. Not that your ever going to do that because I don't give a flying [censored] about what uneducated tradies think while they're probably on call chewing on some grease filled food and spilling it on their orange highlighted vest while they attempt to turn their shoulder to look for that can of deodorant that they thought they had, then remembering "Aw dun I forget thats wats i wills be bought wit me next pay check, then yous wont be tellin me i stink anymo!"

<blockquote><hr>

Giving my opinion on how to save ocieana pvp... oo dear god :O Slay me now for trying to help the people who still play uo. Why do you even come here.. you don't even have an active account? You weren't even an average pvper too. You were always targeted first bcz you were pretty much a free kill, so stop acting like ur pro at this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, he may not play the game but at least he can spell our shard properly.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Mate, Nush, ill miss ya. You built some truly original templates on this shard.

It would be the closet thing to bringing back some form of action at spawns. But everyone is too scared to break away from their SAFETY NET and actually compete against each other.

Your comments have no sway in here ****get.

Sick of hearing u dribble on about the same crap over and over.

How about try and argue some of Nushs points....? Can't? oh well...

As far as im concerned Dumdum (nush) has owned yourself and pet in here many times over the last week or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all... who the [censored] are you in game? You seem to try and preach on the PvP thread when I wouldn't have the first clue as to who you are?

D

Dalecti

"I found it more amusing when two rons and myself took out 9 of "tc's best""

hell, i took out morry, buster and shuri *at the same time* by myself on despise island once. it was ridiculous how easy we could all take on our supposed rivals. the only challenge i - or i think any of us in opk - ever had was when we had muck-around fights and duels with guildies. at my best i was probably the fourth-best in the guild and was still light-years better than anyone in any other guild. there were probably another 4 or 5 after me who were in the same boat.

this is what i mean when i say opk killed pvp by being too efficient. it was unfortunate that *all* the best pvpers on the shard were drawn to the same team, because of similar playstyles/attitudes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Actually, it IS funny. Why? Because you feel you "owned" me with your gimp 4fc chiv/poisoning templates. Do you feel like you're a pro when you use a template that requires no skill?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, the templates that are being used today are necro/mage templates, evil omen, para, gank. Just as lame as a 4fc chiver vamp/nox/chiver. Get over it. I know my template is easy to use, but i enjoy it, just like u guys enjoy using mage/necros.

And yes, you are entitled to an opinion, just seems lame when your opinions are english or english please.

Yes, I do feel like an idiot for wasting my money on this game.
agreed
Edit* I do like how you make the assumption that my parents pay for it. idiot.

reply to pet:

im no one special, just like to see valid arguements made and fought against.

I only use one char atm, Chili. Duel? (not that i think i can beat you, but would be fun)

I actually do have respect for opk, they are the premier guild on Oceania and respect them for that.

Just feel you let yourselves down with stupid comebacks and remarks when you could actually make resonable comeback arguements.
But i suppose i shouldn't really give a [censored] about it and leave yas to it

I don't whinge and complain when i get owned by two necros, gimpy it may be, but apart of the game it is. That's what is so unique about uo, the difference in templates that are on offer.

I just go and get ressed and continue.

I seem to get plenty of comments on my gimpy template after im killed when all the other templates that are being used are pretty damn gimpness.

Could we define non-gimpness templates please? that obviously comply with todays patches and fixes...?

Also a question that i asked on page1. Has there been real quiet times like we are having atm? (just so i can maybe pray that the community may come back at some stage)

Chili - ROFL

D

Dalecti

"Could we define non-gimpness templates please? that obviously comply with todays patches and fixes...?"

well, i stopped playing since before the last patch, which at first i thought was a good one, and it is in many ways, but now there is no point having a template that is not a necro-mage. (it seems i was years ahead of my time with dalecti...).

the most balanced and fun/skilled template to use has been in the past the scribe-mage with either fencing or swords. able to do many things well, and relied mostly upon the skillful use by the player themselves, in making use of timing and spell choice, rather than just running around waiting for the server to determine if youve hit with your arrow/big axe or not. necro-mage is a bit easy because of the aforementioned omen-para (which gives you enough time to cross-wall someone if you are quick), and the fact that strangle and especially pain spike are overpowered. the stam drain of pain spike is a joke.

as it stands, you can still make a scribe mage that uses a wep that would be the most balanced and still effective template going, but as i see it, it would need a vet account (720 skills) with CRAZY gear, to make it worthwhile. failing that, a wrestle-mage with scribe is pretty non-gimp, now.

G

agreed.

I was just starting to get into fencer/mage temp too, i wasn't surprised at all by the amount of people that left after that patch. As i said, the last couple of patches fixed some real gimpy temps like those weird tamer ones and bushi etc, but it also destroyed what was a very enjoyable mage template.

A

Anubis Oceania

Open letter to all ODT, KOV, ex-TC noob tryhards:

Duel one of the rons or stfu, you gutless coward trammies who hide behind the forums acting all tough.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Open letter to all ODT, KOV, ex-TC noob tryhards:

Duel one of the rons or stfu, you gutless coward trammies who hide behind the forums acting all tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol loser, i'll duel any of them.

G

im just hoping the dead shard atm is from xmas time if not ill prolly quit in the new year.

A

Anubis Oceania

The shard's been dead for over six months. Looks like they might consider closing shards too Shard Closing Poll.

UO's future ain't looking too good right now. Shame no one from Oceania has good pings on some of the more populated servers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I only use one char atm, Chili. Duel? (not that i think i can beat you, but would be fun)

[/ QUOTE ]

If I ever see you and I cbf.

D

dum3886

lol ok ur older.. that makes it even worse.. u act like a child.

Ohh also i work part time at an accounting firm so yes, i pay for my own accounts. I can "waste" (lol $13 a month... OHH NOOOO i'll will probably have to sell my pants today to pay for my dinner now. WTF $13 thats just SOOOOOO expensive) my money anyway i want.

And as for killing you.. i killed you on a normal scribe mage, i didn't have my 4 fc chiv noxer till after the nerf. You just ran and ran and ran.. still remember yew.. you prolly ran 10 screens before i got you.

And asif call people gutless.. look at urself u R hiding behind Rons. You mentioned "go duel Ron or stfu"... sumthing along those lines. Might as well say "meet me in r/l, fight my boxer friend or stfu coward".

A

Anubis Oceania

sif i'd reactivate my account just to duel you hahaha

G

sif'd youd hang around these boards when you dont acctually play

G

And up pops the peanut gallery.
Dude i USED to pvp. i loved to pvp. then idiots came along so i stopped.
I come in hoping to eventually see the day when they bugger off again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And up pops the peanut gallery.
Dude i USED to pvp. i loved to pvp. then idiots came along so i stopped.
I come in hoping to eventually see the day when they bugger off again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you "used to pvp". You don't anymore (although I don't believe you ever did). Keep believing that you used to pvp. Okay now simply move your cursor (mouse granny) to the top right of the page, then click once... don't double click, you only need to click once! Is that simple enough for you? Because I know, even if you tried for 2-3 years, you could never pvp because it's too complicated for you... go play WoW, have a little hotbar with the keys 1to = on it and be 'competitive' in that PvP, I'm sure you'll love it because the idiots cant trash talk you as they're on your team! WoW, Anybody Like (Really U Simpletons can play it) it's that easy...

G

lol believe what you like kiddo, you do anyway.
Bounty hunting was one of my favourite past times. You would of been what? 7 or 8 years old when they stopped that.

I hated wow. was pretty and all but i didnt like it. not that i need to justify anything to you anyway.

And what you do isnt called pvp pet, its p'svp.

Go bury your head back in the sand theres so much you dont know about everyone and dont try to say you do.
EG:- How are you to know that oceanias dont go to other shards, even with the lag, for pvp because the pvp here is beyond pathetic?

G

Just for the hell of it and cause it makes me lol
Was taken early 2004 i believe.

I

imported_JediSith

Zoya are you scared of me or are you busy looking for squall nuts..... Why are you wasting your time as he has none..........

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am having a great time in London so suck that JHoward....

Off to the Pub :p

Status
Not open for further replies.