• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania might get some attention on a FoF.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so the last FoF went up and as usuial there were the people always whining and complaining abut how they want the 'real' questions answered. I for one agree, somtimes the questions and answered make me wonder why they are avoiding the bigger issues, let alone the biggest, and apart from that there was only 4 questions answered this last FoF.
Larisa comes in and says, well for gods sake, you are all well aware that we dont just read the forums and think, "oh hey that might be somthing ww should answer" (Personaly i thaught that was how it works)
So anyway, Larisa the chicky who does all the FoF and screens the questions that go to Jeremy, says that you need to PM or email her to get a question on FoF. So off i go and post her a question.

I cant remeber exactly how i phrased it but it went somthing like this...

Hi there id like to ask a FoF question. We here on Oceania are a smaller shard, most likely the smallest shard around and we just cant keep up with these huge multi shard events. As i understaind some of the asian shard have almost cleared Moonglow (maybe even have by now). But for us here on our lonely little Oce, well we struggle. We simply dont have the number to keep up. I mean for god sake we only just cleared out Papua literaly two weeks ago.
So what i want to know is, will shard population be considered when making events? and on a dif topic, for christmas we auzzies are sick of our snowmen and snow balls etc etc. Its the middle of summer here etc. We want thongs (the kind you wear on your feet) and a BBQ etc etc. We are on the other side of the globe...

About an hour later i get a PM reply.

Larisa: As i play on Origin, not nearly as small as Oce, but compared to many still small, i completly and utterly agree with you. This is on question i will stick infront of Jeremy's nose and make sure he answers it. It may not be the next one because somtimes he does a few weeks at a time (that kinda made me annoyed when i heard that), but it will be there eventually. Thankyou for your question.

Larisa

G

Umm, Larisa doesn't screen questions that go to Jeremy =) Jeremy has said quite a few times to send questions straight to her, cos they all get put in her spreadsheet or something like that - dunno where you read that Larisa does that =) As far as I'm aware, she's just a stratics news reporter =)

There's a sticky thread on Uhall with how to contact Jeremy, I'm pretty sure you use the feedback form to ask a FoF question =)

Would be nice to see events scaled a bit - though I guess it's hard for us to tell how many people actually actively play on the shard - seemed like a lot of people there on the first nights, just not so many since then =)

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have a read here . Yes it states that to get FoF questions answered to do that 'contacting Jereremy' thing. But thats was for everything not just FoF. Bugs, exploits, etc etc etc. and im sure an infinite number of etc's in there for good will.

But its kind of like, if you want to ask... lets say... Donald Trump somthing, and you happen to know his wife, are you going to turn up to whatever builing he works at and ask for time with him becuase i want something answered or hey i have a fantastic idea, or leave a letter for him (of wich he no dout gets thousands) etc etc" Or are ya gunna say, to your bud Mrs Trump, "Oh hey, can you ask your hubby....."

G

Im UO what you ask for and what you get do NOT match up what so ever
So we should ask for more scripters more cheats even more rude names!

Queen Aglaranna

2011 Winter Deco Contest
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Ok so the last FoF went up and as usuial there were the people always whining and complaining abut how they want the 'real' questions answered. I for one agree, somtimes the questions and answered make me wonder why they are avoiding the bigger issues, let alone the biggest, and apart from that there was only 4 questions answered this last FoF.
Larisa comes in and says, well for gods sake, you are all well aware that we dont just read the forums and think, "oh hey that might be somthing ww should answer" (Personaly i thaught that was how it works)
So anyway, Larisa the chicky who does all the FoF and screens the questions that go to Jeremy, says that you need to PM or email her to get a question on FoF. So off i go and post her a question.

I cant remeber exactly how i phrased it but it went somthing like this...

Hi there id like to ask a FoF question. We here on Oceania are a smaller shard, most likely the smallest shard around and we just cant keep up with these huge multi shard events. As i understaind some of the asian shard have almost cleared Moonglow (maybe even have by now). But for us here on our lonely little Oce, well we struggle. We simply dont have the number to keep up. I mean for god sake we only just cleared out Papua literaly two weeks ago.
So what i want to know is, will shard population be considered when making events? and on a dif topic, for christmas we auzzies are sick of our snowmen and snow balls etc etc. Its the middle of summer here etc. We want thongs (the kind you wear on your feet) and a BBQ etc etc. We are on the other side of the globe...

About an hour later i get a PM reply.

Larisa: As i play on Origin, not nearly as small as Oce, but compared to many still small, i completly and utterly agree with you. This is on question i will stick infront of Jeremy's nose and make sure he answers it. It may not be the next one because somtimes he does a few weeks at a time (that kinda made me annoyed when i heard that), but it will be there eventually. Thankyou for your question.

Larisa

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard an awful lot of players complaining lately about how we are such a small shard, how could we possibly complete this event....blah blah blah

I'm sorry but i am truly sick and tired of everyone's whinging.
As a lesser populated shard we have advantages that the larger ones don't - such as the ability to actually place a house. We do actually complete the shard events, candle of love for example....sure it might takes us a little bit longer but we still did it. Papua has been cleaned out, we saved magincia in trammel........rather than complaining take a look at just how much we do achieve. We may have less numbers but we still keep up with the much larger shards - i think thats something we should all be proud of.
And for all the whingers - instead of complaining why don't you actually put your time to good use and do something about it, Not enough people in moonglow? then organise something, use guild/alliance chat and get your fellow guildies out there with you....motivate those around you. There is a really nice feeling of pride you get when you go into battle with you fellow guildies and come out triumphant - and even more so when you work together with all the other players on your shard - players you might not even know but you help each other out cos its the honourable thing to do.
So we have smaller numbers....so what.......it just makes it more of a challenge for us, if it wasn't a challenge it would be boring and players would complain about how 'oh is that the best uo can come up with' geees.
I dunno....i think some people are just gona complain no mater what is going on cos they just got nuthin better to do *sighs* and in my opinion sending messages to the dev's and complaining just makes us look like a shard full of whingers and wimps. Sorry jah....but all i ever see you do is complaining....maybe try doing something useful for a change.

E

eric23

Bravo, and well said. I couldn't agree more. On a side note, how about teaming up in pairs, its easier to stay alive if you can work in teams. don't beleive me? ... try it. For you soloists, stop luring everything to the gate .... drag it away, get your body later ... gives everyone a chance when they come in, nothing worse than going through the gate and instant death, wonders if thats the reason so many are now no longer trying at moonglow?

Queen Aglaranna

2011 Winter Deco Contest
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Bravo, and well said. I couldn't agree more. On a side note, how about teaming up in pairs, its easier to stay alive if you can work in teams. don't beleive me? ... try it. For you soloists, stop luring everything to the gate .... drag it away, get your body later ... gives everyone a chance when they come in, nothing worse than going through the gate and instant death, wonders if thats the reason so many are now no longer trying at moonglow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn straight! Much easier in pairs, its all about team work.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<u>we</u> only just cleared out Papua literaly two weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found that part highly amusing considering what was said at the moonglow event...

G

*chuckles*

By the way, I'm guilty of dumping things at the gate, but it's only cos of how slow I move! I think I've outrun them, and am escaping, then BAM! Somehow they're right there, on me, at the gate!

*edits* Damn typos, past my bedtime =P

G

<blockquote><hr>

By the way, I'm guilty of dumping things at the gate, but it's only cos of how slow I move! I think I've outrun them, and am escaping, then BAM! Somehow they're right there, on me, at the gate!

[/ QUOTE ]

They're teleporting tricksters, is what.

G

<blockquote><hr>

considering what was said at the moonglow event...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you missed the event? Did the NPC's mention Papua?

G

just cause i missed it doesnt mean i dunno what happened. logs &amp; screenshots are oh so awesome

G

<blockquote><hr>

just cause i missed it doesnt mean i dunno what happened. logs &amp; screenshots are oh so awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

No reporter should be without them!

Still don't get the Papua reference, though..?

G

All good ill fill you in on icq

BOT- Ill be floored if Oce gets mentioned on a FoF, but personally i think we manage just fine, Its just the times that the 'main' events are on are what give me the irits

G

I think ill have to agree with being smaller does give us advantages, like for example we will probably get more arties each and therefor more handins as opposed to over populated shards who whould probably be lucky to get a few each. Take the mag event, I ended up makin orange screen doors out of staffs of pyros :p It is a little overwhelming at time but small groups work well. But these events are definetly on at weird times, Jahira and I i swear were the only 2 aussies at the Deal or No Deal thingy was on at like 8am or something. I only see these things cause of shift work, i have pity on u boring 9-5 people muhahaha.

G

and those of us with kids :p
Before the rat bags came along i used to IDOC all the time, but now sleep is a precious rarity. It just annoys me so much that everything is so "americanised" at least when we had sienna and cerulean (who are both aussies) things were at normal times for us none of this early am or late pm stuff *whinge gripe whine*

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I have heard an awful lot of players complaining lately about how we are such a small shard, how could we possibly complete this event....blah blah blah

I'm sorry but i am truly sick and tired of everyone's whinging.
As a lesser populated shard we have advantages that the larger ones don't - such as the ability to actually place a house. We do actually complete the shard events, candle of love for example....sure it might takes us a little bit longer but we still did it. Papua has been cleaned out, we saved magincia in trammel........rather than complaining take a look at just how much we do achieve. We may have less numbers but we still keep up with the much larger shards - i think thats something we should all be proud of.
And for all the whingers - instead of complaining why don't you actually put your time to good use and do something about it, Not enough people in moonglow? then organise something, use guild/alliance chat and get your fellow guildies out there with you....motivate those around you. There is a really nice feeling of pride you get when you go into battle with you fellow guildies and come out triumphant - and even more so when you work together with all the other players on your shard - players you might not even know but you help each other out cos its the honourable thing to do.
So we have smaller numbers....so what.......it just makes it more of a challenge for us, if it wasn't a challenge it would be boring and players would complain about how 'oh is that the best uo can come up with' geees.
I dunno....i think some people are just gona complain no mater what is going on cos they just got nuthin better to do *sighs* and in my opinion sending messages to the dev's and complaining just makes us look like a shard full of whingers and wimps. Sorry jah....but all i ever see you do is complaining....maybe try doing something useful for a change.

[/ QUOTE ]

My god are PoC the griefer guild now that we dont have OPK or whatever just baiting everyone. I mean, seriousy why dont you go and have a look here if you seriously think all i do is complain. What makes me angry is your type of behaviour.

In RL i have a few saying about people like you... and Ama.

You seem to have a high opinion of themselves.

Or my personal fave, this is directly to you and Ama.

You are on good terms with yourself.

G

ok thats it.
Instead of taking posts out and issuing warnings, im going to do a bit of public execution instead, but with the hope that you people will all learn from it.

Firstly:
Jahira, your opening post was a step in the right direction. I can see that you are trying to make things better on our shard and with trying to bump your head into the FOF is one avenue to try and make changes to the world in which we play. Even though people may not agree with what you have written, and you are taking a chance on the flames.

Secondly:
Queen A, you may think and believe what you typed to be correct, but you have done it in the completely WRONG way. Your post is not only a flame of what jahira has written, but it is also considered TROLLING. Even though you may have points within it that others do agree on, you need to be more constructive in what you are typing, instead of venting and trolling. Less of your emotion and more thoughtful criticism. There are ways to make a difference her, and the way you typed it will just get people angry.

Thirdly: (this is probably the most important part of the post)
Fink &amp; Katlene, you 2 would look good dressed in pink and purple tutu's doing a nice swan dance together, with teeshy, farcscape and eric23 dressed in bright green frog suits, arm in arm doing a nice little pirouette in the background. Im sure others would agree with that.

Fourthly:
Jahira, girl... you have now taken on the same emotion as Queen A has, and that my girl, is WRONG. DO NOT reply to a negatively worded post with another one with the same amount of venom. You are feeding a troll and making it harder for your point to be pushed across. People end up getting annoyed at the constant verbal slapping and lose sight of what the topic actually was.

you people claim you want to help the community and strengthen it.... I laugh at you! because you are doing the opposite and dividing the community instead of bringing it together.

you 2 are one for one in this thread. So consider this a warning for both of you, and for everyone else.

Now stop the dribble and start working together in a constructive way.

G

So Fink thinks I'm a puppy and you think I'm a frog?

I'm all kinds of animal on Oceania! =D

S

siyeng0

<blockquote><hr>

i believe thats fink cruise.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like a wild Scient- er, horde minion to me.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Does fink jump on Oprah's lounges?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bahahahaha! Quote of the month!

G

<blockquote><hr>

It just annoys me so much that everything is so "americanised"

[/ QUOTE ]

OFT, unfortunately this goes far beyond UO... :/

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Does fink jump on Oprah's lounges?

[/ QUOTE ]

CORP FREAKIN' POR, OPRAH!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol Gold

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd always wondered what were the practical applications of Scientology..