• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania go Bye Bye?

M

Mijac_Chmon

Yeah it dropped out not long after we killed Melissa.

Maybe she's just like the stranger, only less strange.

A

Azureal

Yeah it dropped out not long after we killed Melissa.

Maybe she's just like the stranger, only less strange.
Unless something changed between last night and today, I dont think so. She dies what, 20-30 times last night? Not a single disconnect, was beautiful.

I tell you, its because I got the necklace. Something hates me.

V

von Beck

ack I just spent several hours redesigning my house.... I hope its not all lost. And I REALLY hope it didn't save when I had my secures unsecured!

E

Ericge99

We had to many log in and now we have overloaded the server .. damm.. joking. Still wont load up, trying every 15 mins. :bowdown:

K

Katlene

this is typical though, i finally get some spare time to get in and try and catch up on all these happenings and the shards missing.
*sigh*
guess i can always go unpack another box

T

Tuk

Wonder if this has anything to do with the Optus cable that got cut at the Gold Coast, killed half of QLD's Internet and Phone services

E

Elwood

Wonder if this has anything to do with the Optus cable that got cut at the Gold Coast, killed half of QLD's Internet and Phone services
Yeah that was a pain in the arse today

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True!
Sucks major!!
Oh well...my Siege char got a little love tonite ;)

A

Aboozed

a little birdie told me, EA wanted us in church! Its a conspiracy!! ;)

F

Fink

a little birdie told me, EA wanted us in church! Its a conspiracy!! ;)
It's JEEBUS!

Don't start a second coming yet, they're all still waving around that thing they nailed you to the first time--> + <--:eek:

How's Siege? I popped in briefly to work on my char but I couldn't find you. (guild me pls)

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well going by EA's standard, they'll deny it ever went down at all....

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard? who what you talking about
thats the comments you will get
lol
Knowing EA it'd be more along the lines of:

To confirim there is a problem with the shard, please page a GM on the shard that you are having problems with so we can assess the issue...

Heh.

F

Fink

Knowing EA it'd be more along the lines of:

To confirim there is a problem with the shard, please page a GM on the shard that you are having problems with so we can assess the issue...

Heh.
Actually they could be 100% truthful and use their old standard response: "We have determined this is not a game-breaking issue. As such it doesn't require the intervention of a GM. Please email a bug report.."

Can't count the number of times I've heard that one, especially in my line of work (whatever it is that ninja-shepherds do.. :coco:). Obviously it's a game-breaking issue to me or I wouldn't have paged! Buh? Like I'd sit in the queue if I had somewhere else to be.

E

Edina Monsoon

I checked the uo.com website about 15 times during Oceania being down, and there used to be on the updates page or shards page thereabouts some inkling of a notice that something happened, and that they were working on fixing it.

Apparently, like most companies EA has decided to outsource their technical support to Mars or Pluto, and so the time it takes to get a phone call through is longer than the time to reset the server and actually get things up and running again, let alone post anything to the fact that there is indeed a problem.

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"