• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[OC] Information on Report to Queen Dawn and The Kingdom of Lore

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gunner here is some information that might help clarify things for the Origin Communinty.

Pre-Fiction (Prior to the News Story): The Source

Related Origin News (Current): HERE

Character Application HERE

Role-Play Ideas to Help Create a Character in the Kingdom of Lore HERE

Out of Character Information:

I am a role-player mostly known for playing the character Lore Denin on the Great Lakes Shard. My guild will be moving from Great Lakes to Origin. Role-Players and those interested in learning about role-play [RP] are welcome to join. If you have questions about Role-Play HERE is a really good explanation. Feel free to respond to this post with any questions you may have and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

The style of RP will include politics, pvp (faction and rp guild war), pvm (spawns and hunts), mercantile (crafting and trading) with an overall theme of fulfilling the Timelords's Quest of Uniting the Worlds of the Multiverse with True Sosaria.

Some of our Out of Character goals will be to create a fun and immersive rp envirnment for Origin players, test and give feedback on Faction changes and use the new client in PVP to test its strenghts and weaknesses in an effort to help move UO into the future.

Players are welcome to create characters on Origin or may transfer with us when we “Build the Shardal Gate on Great Lakes” and move to Origin – Thrus Jan 6th 2010.

I will post in game stories along with OC details leading up to the transfer event on Jan 6th. This will be an immersive role-play environment and all players interested in joining are asked to fill out a Role-Play Agreement/Character Application Form HERE.

Below are Kingdom Council Positions, Royal Staff and Organizations characters may be interested in joining. Players are welcome to propose the creation of additional Council/Staff or Kingdom Organizations they would be interested in participating.

The Royal Council

Court Mage (Hawkwind): Advises the King and the citizens on all matters magical. The Court Mage is responsible for the magical safety of the Kingdom and unraveling the magical secrets if the multiverse. [Many of the Kingdom’s role-play Quests and events will stem from this position]

Lord Commander (Open): Highest Ranking military figure in the Kingdom. The Lord Commander is responsible for the training, organization and operation of the Kingdom’s military forces [Heavily focused on PvP - factions and guild wars]

The King’s Hand (Nonel Topd): The Hand is in charge of the Kingdom’s Royal Spies who are responsible for the gathering intelligence, and anti espionage operations.

King’s Herald/Royal Historian (Open): Responsible for publicizing events, publishing a weekly news chronicle and keeping accurate historical records for the Kingdom.

Royal Treasurer: (Duke Greenspan): Responsible for keeping accurate records on the Kingdom’s Resources and Finances. Approves loans to Kingdom Citizens and Organizations.

Royal Huntsman: (Open): Responsible for organizing and leading dangerous and exciting hunts for the Kingdom Citizens [Involves leading groups on Hunts, Spawns, Dungeon Crawls, etc]

Royal Ambassadors: Represents the Kingdom's interests to foriegn nations as well as reporting on the status of foreign nations to the Kingdom.

-Ambassador to Britannia (Open)
-Ambassador to the Heartwood (Open)
-Ambassador to Ter Mur (Open)
-Ambassador to Tokuno (Open)

Royal Staff:

Court Jester (Open): Responsible for “Tasteful” entertainment at Court and during Kingdom events. May tell jokes, play music, organize plays/skits, etc.

Royal Decorator: In charge of the castle decor as well as decorating for special occassions and Kingdom events.

Royal Chef: Responsible for cooking for parties and grand banquets hosted by the Kingdom.

Kingdom Organizations:

The Kingdom’s Military: Men and Women of all professions who have sworn to protect the Virtues, the Kingdom and the innocent from evil and oppression. Members of the military enforce the law within the Kingdom and fight the wars against enemies of Virtue outside the Kingdom’s borders [Strong PvP focus].

The Military is organized into units consisting of at least three members. Each unit elects a captain from its ranks to lead it and each captain serves under the direction of the Lord Commander. A few examples of units that have been formed are the “Holy Light Brigade” – a unit of Paladins captained by Arcades Myth and “Rangers of the Hidden Vale” – a unit of stealth archers led by Azlynn’s Whisper.

The Royal Spies: Men and Women who serve under the direction of the King’s Hand gathering intelligence for the Kingdom. Professions range from master rogues to cooks in foreign kitchens with innocent faces and sharp eyes.

The Merchants Guild: Looks out for the Kingdom’s crafts people and merchants. The merchant’s guild hosts auctions, advises citizens on pricing and provides places where citizens can sell wares.

The Crafters Guild: The Crafters guild consists of the Kingdom’s crafts people. The Crafters guild sees that the citizens find the right craftsman when seeking items constructed, fixed or enhanced.

[*Restrictions: A player must make Origin his/her primary shard to apply for a Court Position and a player may not occupy more then one position at a time]

For additional information/questions, ICQ: 96629882

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [OC] Character Agreement/Application

Character Application for the Kingdom of Lore

This is a character application to join the role-play Kingdom of Lore on the Origin Shard.

Role-Play Rules Agreement:

- By playing a character in the Kingdom of Lore I agree to follow the laws of the realm and/or accept the legal consequences if my character chooses not too. There will be well defined laws and consequences. If you are not interested in role-playing in a strict legal role-play setting which will include building codes that restrict home size and building materials in areas of the Kingdom, zoning laws which will restrict trade, Kingdom taxes, a justice system that will include court and sentencing which could result in jail time then please do not apply to join the community. Players who wish to participate in the Kingdom but do not wish to have housing restrictions can settle in areas outside the Kingdom’s territory.

-Citizens of the Kingdom must belong to the Kingdom Guild [Lore] to be considered a citizen of the Kingdom. The Guild will be factions/rp war. Only Citizens of the Kingdom may place homes in the Kingdom territory.

-This is an immersive role-playin experience. You are expected to remain in character at all times, whether you are pvming, spawning, selling, trading, factioning, etc.

-When in battle you are expected to abide by the role-play community’s rules of war.

-Use emotes (*smiles*, *doubles over laughing*) to describe actions rather then shorthand such as ROFL, LOL or :).

-A Player may use party, guild, and alliance chat to convey out of character information. If you can not communicate through any of the above means you may use brackets [] to convey out of character information but please do so sparingly.

-Ventrillo will have a General Channel where players may talk out of character and a role-play channel where players will be expected to be in character. Players are expected to be in the role-play channel when they are playing their role play characters.

Character Application: Please fill out the Following Information: (Copy Form and reply to this thread or e-mail: [email protected])

Player’s Name/Handle:
Pigeon/ICQ:

Character’s Name:

Profession:

Physical Description:

History:

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Role-Play Springboard for Joining the Kingdom of Lore:

Those moving from Great Lakes:

The Majority of Characters moving from Great Lakes would have served under Lore in the Order Guard, True Britannians or have been citizens of the Town Whispering Winds.

Others wishing to join would be those interested in The Timelord's Quest of Order or those wishing to start a new life in a different world.

Moving from other Shards:

Players can role-play some of the Order Guard who were sent out in search of the Sosaria we call "First Shadow. When the word reaches Order Knights in other words that First Shadow has been found, they will be summoned to first Shadow to establish the Kingdom of Lore and act as its military(Origin Shard).

Creating Characters on Origin:

The Kingdom of Lore has been established in secret for hundreds of years by the Seer Hawkwind. It has a native population who have been waiting the their King to arrive from accross the multiverse.

Though perhaps living on Origin for many years, they are not natives of the shard as they were brought to this Kingdom from other worlds in the multiverse that were facing destruction. The Seer was not able to rescue everyone but selected those who would help the establish a Kingdom based on accomplishing the Timelord's Quest.

This opens the door to role-play in the kingdom other then human. Perhaps a clan of dwarves was saved from a distant sosaria facing destruction, etc.

Natives of Origin

This is the current Origin community who's characters have not yet been exposed to the Kingdom, its people and Philosophies. Some may embrace it and join the kingdom, some may reject it and stand against the Kingdom, others may accept it but remain as they are with no strong views on the Kingdom either way.

Find your own way

The most creative person in your character's life is you the player. The above are just a few ideas to help you get started creating a character for the Kingdom of Lore, in the end the thought and detail you put into the character's creation, personality and philosophy will determine the direction of your character's life. Have fun and see you in game.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a long hiatus from UO, The Kingdom of Lore project is back on and we will be moving forward with the transfer on Thursday Jan 6th 2011.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is an expression in your world that describes his situation better then I could...

"Whipped" i believe it is...

I will see him at Christmas. Its when I got him logging in again last year so maybe there is hope.

Lore's Player

PS: Didn't I see your scribe coping the "Glorious Adventures of Lore Denin volumes I-XXXIV at Martyna's library? You might have a better appreciation for UO e-literature if you selected something remotely interesting or at least written in complete sentences.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is an expression in your world that describes his situation better then I could...

"Whipped" i believe it is...

I will see him at Christmas. Its when I got him logging in again last year so maybe there is hope.

Lore's Player

PS: Didn't I see your scribe coping the "Glorious Adventures of Lore Denin volumes I-XXXIV at Martyna's library? You might have a better appreciation for UO e-literature if you selected something remotely interesting or at least written in complete sentences.
Hahaha, well when you see him tell him I say hello.

As for the e-lit, I'll be sure to look for your novel on amazon so I can read it on my girlfriend's kindle!

Glad to see you're back, even if its not on GL.