• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Obtaining Dreadhorn Keys

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you recommend a bard to gather the keys for dreadhorn? I guess my main concern is fighting Irk - will it disco and peace me, etc?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I've used my Bard there loads of times I don't think I've ever been Discorded. For Irk I would use Discord and EV's and Invis a lot, when you're hidden it doesn't change into you and is easier to kill. Provoke also makes it really easy. I don't know if Peace helps but I wouldn't think so.

C

Capt.E

Drag a few cu sidhe from the desert area into the key area. Provoke cu onto irk.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never had a named changeling use my skills against me, I think it's just the peerless one that does that.

I use my disco-tamer to get the dreadhorn keys all the time. They shrug off peace too quickly.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
diso tamer FTW

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never had a named changeling use my skills against me, I think it's just the peerless one that does that.

I use my disco-tamer to get the dreadhorn keys all the time. They shrug off peace too quickly.
You are right. I think I'm getting confused with Travesty. I do have a disco tamer and maybe I will try that too. I'm curious what everyone's template is, whether it be pure bard or tamer bard. Thanks everyone for the info.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Mines in the sticky at the top of the Bard forum.

120 Mage, Med, Resist, Music, Discord, Prov.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You are right. I think I'm getting confused with Travesty. I do have a disco tamer and maybe I will try that too. I'm curious what everyone's template is, whether it be pure bard or tamer bard. Thanks everyone for the info.
you can send your disco bard into the tav, you just need to be a little sneaky with him.

you need to say back and keep the tav right at the edge of your screen.
that way he wont polymorph into your bard and disco everyone and all the pets.

typically i go sit behind the wall in the corner and my guildies have him in the middle so that there is a wall between us but still can see him so the disco stays on.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok thanks everyone for the advice. It looks like I have a few options that I will try out. If I get owned very quickly, I'll be back here asking for more advice. :)