• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nu'Sair's Sampire 101

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres alot of different sampire templates around, I'm still using the one I had before the chiv changes 120 bush, parry, swords, 100 anat, tactics, 99 necro, 61 chiv.

I'm starting to get confused with the 300% damage cap, something after 12 years of playing I thought I understood. I was thinking of dropping chiv, but how do you hit the 300% cap without it against something with no slayer like Dreadhorn and Paroxysmus?
You need some kind of slayer to hit the cap and Dreadhorn does have a slayer. Fey.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK I have been playing casually since april 1998 with a WOW break , and I just find the whole concept of soloing a Rikktor or any other spawn incredible if not downright fantastical LOL, any chance you live near NJ NuSair? Would like to hire you for some personal lessons if we could sneak it by my wife :p
Heh- sorry, I live in Woodstock, Georgia.

Honestly, once you get it down, Rikktor is one of the easier spawns. Well, if you are running a Feint weapon or a Gargoyle.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres alot of different sampire templates around, I'm still using the one I had before the chiv changes 120 bush, parry, swords, 100 anat, tactics, 99 necro, 61 chiv.

I'm starting to get confused with the 300% damage cap, something after 12 years of playing I thought I understood. I was thinking of dropping chiv, but how do you hit the 300% cap without it against something with no slayer like Dreadhorn and Paroxysmus?
I wanted to add more to this.

The awesome thing (IMO) about the sampire template is how versatile it is. Those 2 champs you mention, you know ahead of time before you are going to do those. I run my sampires with the template I like best (which, atm, is no chiv) and if I am going to be doing something where I think it is going to be needed, I just start swapping skills. It takes less than a minute to do and off you go.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wanted to add more to this.

The awesome thing (IMO) about the sampire template is how versatile it is. Those 2 champs you mention, you know ahead of time before you are going to do those. I run my sampires with the template I like best (which, atm, is no chiv) and if I am going to be doing something where I think it is going to be needed, I just start swapping skills. It takes less than a minute to do and off you go.
Yeh there seems to be a few choices, parry, healing, anatomy, resist are just a few I've seen.

How would you setup your template for something against Paroxysmus? That has no slayer I think?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't done him since the Chiv change. But, I would be going with 120 parry and using a Feint weapon. And, you would need chivalry... so, probably something like:

120 Fencing
120 Parry
120 Bushido
99 Necromancy
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
71 Chivalry (30 from Jewelry)

Might even get more chiv by dropping another skill and getting more points from Jewelry to cover.

Maybe if I get back into the game more I'll give it a try.

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NuSair, you mentioned posting your latest suit.. I'd be really interested to see that... I'm about to start crafting my first suit, and i have as much as I need in way of resources, so now I just want to see the direction other's have gone. Any chance you could talk about weps more in depth? What sort of wep/mods do you use for WW, and what do you use when doing the boss?

Thanks for this guide, it was highly informative!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it's not my latest suit. My latest suit is the one my female sampire is wearing that is all plate. And it could be better because the look was part of the building process.
Sampire in Plate #3 | Stratics Forums

The suit I am referring to here is my woodland armor suit. I do need to post it.

I was working on a new woodland suit for a guildie, but in the middle of my making it, he left to play Diablo III and I kind of stopped playing other than here or there. So, it's about 60% complete.

Weapons, sure.

My favorite is Fencing, hands down. Sure, a Longsword might be better here or there, in this one particular fight, but for my money, give me a Leafblade any day of the week. You really don't need SSI on it to swing at cap (frees up mods), it has 2 of the best specials there are (Armor Ignore and Feint), does pretty good damage. Even non-fencing Sampires will often carry a UBWS Leafblade.

Here is an example of one of my Leafblades:

That was before reforging came out. As my woodland armor sampire, Yoda has 100 DI from his suit, so DI isn't needed on the weapon. And HLA is pretty good when fighting Rikktor.

His kama's are similar:

The astute will notice that the weapon has 40% Physical Damage. This is so that when it gets down to about 175ish in durability, it can be enhanced with Shadow/Valorite to take it's durability back up to 255. Note- you can enhance weapons of whatever elemental distribution- I just wanted to point out why I have not done it yet.

Having no DI on it, allows for 2 hit spells, stamina leech, mana leech and a slayer.

IMO- there are 3 things you almost always want on your weapons. Hit Stamina Leech, Hit Mana Leech and Slayer. After that, it is more of what your personal taste are and what you are fighting.

I also carry a Leafblade like this:

For times when what I am killing doesn't have a slayer type.

Except for Neria, I always use Leafblades on bosses. On Neria, I usually end up going with a kama most of the fight, depending on the amount of undead that is around.

For Swords:
Armor Ignore: Katana, Hatchet, Broad Sword, Long Sword, Double Axe, Bladed Staff (I believe that is it, going from memory here)
Whirlwind: Radiant Scimitar, Double Axe

For Macing:
Armor Ignore: War Axe, Hammer Pick
Whirlwind: Black Staff

That what you are looking for, or do you want more?

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, that's great info, thank you!

I'd still love to see your suit, and that guide sounds awesome... let me know if that happens, I'd love to read about it!

Thanks for your help. :)