• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Numerous Client Crashes after recent patch

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run uo on two seperate computers, one older and one up to date fancy dancy one. The newer one runs UO fine. The older one which is only two years old, constantly crashes only when we are out fishing. Every twenty or so movements forward it clients completely for no reason, fishing, fighting it is only when the boat is moving forward does it crash constantly. I been fishing with my wife for about 3 hours so far this morning and she has cliented about 30 or so times. We checked settings, opened up cache more, can not figure out why.

Suggestions?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would really help knowing what client you use.

But a common and often overseen issue of performance and crash issues lie in the windows built in indexing service, that can cause havoc on any game performance, tho some games deal with it better than others, that said, uo in particular is pretty vonurable to this as its a "harddrive game" no preloading going on.

You find it in properties of your uo folder, then follow illustration below.

Hope it works out, otherwise get back to us :)

/Gilmout