• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NPC Guild Signs

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a somewhat rare reward from doing the new traders quest in trammel. You can get those, only if you do the quest(s) without using a moongate.

What I wonder about, is the number of different signs that are available. Maybe we could start a list here? Since it probably hasnt done yet. I also wonder about their values, but I would expect, it takes some more time until someone can give a matching price/value for those?

So far I have gotten signs for:
- Sorcerer's Guild
- Barter's Guild

I didn't even know, that something like a Barter's Guild did exist until I got that sign ....

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten:

Armaments Guild
Fishermens' Guild
Cavalry Guild

Zerbee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooh interesting. Wonder if there is a thieves' guild one? If so anyone have a pic?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just take a look at the sign choices for your house, its pretty much the same selection. (Its the same art as the NPC buildings, they aren't new)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a somewhat rare reward from doing the new traders quest in trammel. You can get those, only if you do the quest(s) without using a moongate.

What I wonder about, is the number of different signs that are available. Maybe we could start a list here? Since it probably hasnt done yet. I also wonder about their values, but I would expect, it takes some more time until someone can give a matching price/value for those?

So far I have gotten signs for:
- Sorcerer's Guild
- Barter's Guild

I didn't even know, that something like a Barter's Guild did exist until I got that sign ....
Silverbird, where in the most recent publish notes ( http://www.uo.com/article/Publish-86-Notes ) does it say you can only get the NPC guild signs by doing the trader quests without using the moongates?

I can see where it says that killing the ambushers increases the amount of gold to the origin city's treasury.

I can see where it says greater distances increase the amount of gold to treasuries and amount of resources rewarded.

And I also see where it says that using a public moongate forfeits distance rewards and your "rare chance at rewards." However, the only items in the publish notes listed as rewards that have the words "a rare chance at" in front of them are the rewards from Slim the Fence, i.e., the Expired Voucher, Forged Artwork, Little Black Book, and the Shadow Veil.

So are the NPC guild signs and story books from doing the regular merchant quests also "rare"? If yes, it would be most helpful if the publish notes actually said that because I don't see the word "rare" in that section of the publish notes at all. (Not picking on you, either, Silverbird! You just happened to be the person who started the thread. LOL)

Edited to add: Has anyone been reward with the NPC guild signs and story books when doing regular merchant quests and using the moongates/not killing ambushers?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I am only assuming, that the guild signs and books are counting as rare rewards. But on my home shard are someppl mass doing the trade quests with the use of moongates and havent got any of them.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive received only one sign so far, it was on my 25th run, i did it on foot and boat from skara to vesper, was ambushed 4 times and killed them all.

- Weapons Guild

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So are the NPC guild signs and story books from doing the regular merchant quests also "rare"? If yes, it would be most helpful if the publish notes actually said that because I don't see the word "rare" in that section of the publish notes at all.
The books and signs are the rares for the Trade Orders in Trammel, voucher, artwork, little black book & veil are rares in Felucca. Using a Moongate nullifies your ability to acquire these.

If you use Moongate, you're left with the basic rewards (which the SoTs are considered).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The books and signs are the rares for the Trade Orders in Trammel, voucher, artwork, little black book & veil are rares in Felucca. Using a Moongate nullifies your ability to acquire these.

If you use Moongate, you're left with the basic rewards (which the SoTs are considered).
Thanks, all, for the replies to confirm this! It's too bad the publish notes weren't clearer about it, though.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Ooh interesting. Wonder if there is a thieves' guild one? If so anyone have a pic?
There is a Rogue's Guild; it looks like this:
rogue.PNG

All the signs are the same size and shape, just different colors and different text.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So far I've gotten ...
Barters'
Traders'
Tailors'
Provisioner
and a Moonglow book

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My 2 guildmates both have received the rare books (2) and a guild sign (1). Both used the moongate, but did kill any ambush mobs.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to the utterly bizarre RNG, my very first trade run on Europa - using stealth so I never fought anything, and on a relatively short trip only on land (Britain to Vesper) resulted in a Fisherman's Guild sign ....

Since then it's fairly consistently been such prized items as 64 sea serpent scales or 100 normal wood boards, but that first one makes up for those :)

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I just checked mine:

On list: Guild of Armaments | on my sign: Armaments Guild
On list: Armourer’s Guild | on my sign: Armourers’ Guild
On list: Association of Warriors, Guild of Cavalry and Horse | on my sign: Cavalry Guild

Maybe the names on the list here on Stratics are taken from InsideUO and the ones we get are from a 'new list'?!?

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure I got an archers guild one. Will check once I finish the current run.
Edit: yeah. Archers guild.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Ok. This is the list you can get from customizing your home. This doesn't mean all of these are available thru the traders quests. Very misleading.
I was just pointing out the only list I could find with both graphics and name. You can't see the name in the house sign menu. :rolleyes2:

'You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time'