• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NPC Cloth Colors - How Many Are There?

• Thread starter imported_kaleb
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_kaleb

I've been killing brigands for the last two hours for cloth, and I'm amazed at how many hues there are. I've already got 112 different colors! I was wondering if anyone knows (roughly) how many colors are possible from clothing taken off brigands.

I

imported_lord richard

I surely don't know, but I do know this, I would go out and pick cotton and make my own before using brigands to get my cloth...;)

I

imported_kaleb

Well, now, I do that too. Spent an unholy length of time spinning and weaving 116 bales of cotton into cloth today, not to mention the 622 piles of wool. If not for UOA... But I do so love the way that that brigand cloth catches the light... *sniff* it brings a tear to my eye. And seeing as how we can't dye cloth to most of those shades, I'll have to keep on killing the red buggers to get my greedy little hands on it.

Much as I'd like to say I'm keeping an accurate record myself as to how many colors I've found, I just can't find a place for it all. My poor beetle's got 123 colors strapped to his back more or less permanently, and there's another 30 or more in the bank. And that's after I threw nearly fifty colors out! I've got another thread on this forum entitled "How about this for a BOD reward..." and I think that dream item (either as a reward or a new craftable) is the only way I could ever hold on to even half the possible colors.

I

imported_CapN

In green colors I have found shades from hue 1419 to 1445
In red colors I have found shades from hue 1609 to 1654 and 1206-1225
In blue colors I have found shades from hue 1303 to 1420
Reds Greens and Blues are about 90% of the npc colors
The lowest npc color hue I ever found was 1106 (current evil mage), the highest 1654, though I know some shades between those are reserved colors that won't spawn on npc's.

S

SupaWooHoo

Hey CapN! Bein you know how to be lookin at that neato info, where does the cloth from the leather apron hic-cup come in? Is it that exact same as the leather colors?

I gave up on the brigand clothes except for band aids there just seemed too many, and the bunnies always got cotton.

S

SupaWooHoo

That is excellent! That would mean that it is not possible to dye these colors since you cant dye cloth with a leather tub, right? I really hope thats right as Ive got over 1k in each color that Id really hate to find out was available and easily obtainable.

I

imported_lord richard

I wouldn't be surprised that a normal dye tub could be adjusted to any of the colors they wear.

I

imported_CapN

adjusted? Well they COULD make a whole new dye tub that will match npc colors. But in 7 years so far they have not. Regular dye tubs only go up to hue #999 and npc clothing starts at #1106 and goes a lot higher.

A

ArteePhact

Just curious what you are measuring "HUE" with and how that falls into Red/Green/Blue spectrum...

I started collecting Brigand cloth too and was quite amazed at the amount of colors I quickly aquired...

Feenicks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think they are probably using the number reference of the UO palettes.
probably using Inside UO or the UO Hue editor program or something

each colour in UO should have a number reference and that's what the hue numbers they are using would be...

G

how can you cut up npc cloth to make new clothing? when I use scissors on it all i get is colored bandages.

-------

not sure what i just did differently but now I have no problem cutting up the cloth and getting material.

hmmm... last time I tired i was cutting up evil mage robes, this time, bandit wear. Does that make a difference?

A

ArteePhact

Is there any authorized (or ghast - unauthorized) program that can tell me the HUE while I'm gathering ?

Thanks,

Artee

T

Tigerheart

If you have high enough tailoring you get a percentage of the required materials back instead of bandies. It makes sense, really. The average person doesn't have enough knowledge about clothing to leave themselves with anything shy of strips of cloth. Only a tailor would know how to get usuable cloth out of a piece of clothing.

S

SupaWooHoo

CapN knows how to see it. I wouldnt even try as Id go somewheres I shouldnt and screw up the whole game.

G

thanks for info. now my tamer collects the evil mage robes and my legendary tailor cuts it up for material. Not sure what I'm going to do with it but it's fun to collect.

There sure are a lot of red shades!