• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Nox Archer

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently took an Archer out of storage and was contemplating a change in template. I wanted to give poisoning a try, here is what I've come up with and why:

120 Archery (100 Real, +20 w/Hunter's Head Dress)
90 Tactics (Minimum for special moves)
90 Anatomy
100 Healing (With the recent healing changes I'd rock 120 but it wouldn't fit)
120 Resist (self explanatory)
120 Ninjitsu (throw dp ninja stars if out of mana)
100 Poisoning

Thoughts are to use DP ninja stars (now that poisoning level of ninja stars is based on poisoning skill) and Serpent Arrow special move. Other archery specials for pvp will be used as usual.

Typical suit with ~10 MR, above 45 DCI, 45 HCI, 70 Physical, 75 Fire, 60's cold, 75 poison, 60's energy. 40 LMC, 50 EP equaling 181 Stamina/150 Dex, 150 HP, 95 ish int, ranger's cloak for the 5 SSI.

Does this seem viable or am I crazy to try and rock a nox Archer?

He has been a stealth archer and a fairly successful one but I wanted to try something a little different.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm playing a pretty fun archer build on Lake Austin

120 arch
120 tact
120 anat
120 swords
90 heal
80 jitsu
85 poisoning

I have +15 skill on a turquoise ring.

Typically DP/Disarm/Moving shots, unless someone is on foot. Then it is DP/Disarm/Double shot with a double hit spell Yumi that packs a 78 dmg wallop when both shots connect with all 4 hit spells.

Jitsu is only on the build for animal form and doubleshots.

I prefer to have 120 tact/anat just because of how hard my yumi hits for doubleshots and the heavy xbow moving shots.

Your build above might work, I've never messed with that template specifically. If you do use that build, I wouldn't even bother imbuing a bow for serpents arrow, just rely on the darts/stars. 4 bows to carry would be reg bow, composite, heavy, and yumi. I'd also play with it and try to get your tact/anat up to 120.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with your template you are only poisoning with a swords weapon and not using stars or Serpent Arrow correct?

It looks like you are reaching the 300 skill mana reduction mark without any issue, something else I was trying to maintain. Though in my situation 120 Archery, 80 Ninjitsu and 100 poisoning would give me the 300 skill point mana reduction. My main consideration with stars was to help save mana as I am not sure how much I'd use up with Serpent Arrow only being a secondary special.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with your template you are only poisoning with a swords weapon and not using stars or Serpent Arrow correct?

It looks like you are reaching the 300 skill mana reduction mark without any issue, something else I was trying to maintain. Though in my situation 120 Archery, 80 Ninjitsu and 100 poisoning would give me the 300 skill point mana reduction. My main consideration with stars was to help save mana as I am not sure how much I'd use up with Serpent Arrow only being a secondary special.
I carry stars/darts to poison mounts when people are dismounted, but no I don't use them on people I use my butcher knife. Jitsu is too low to reliably hit anyone with a wep in their hand.

I have a similar version of this same character as a swords/thrower/nox, only I have lower tact/anat, no nijitsu, and 120 resist.

I like the archer version better.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you post their mods?
Balanced
Hit Lightening 50 or Hit Fireball 50 depending on the goal.
SSI (varies slightly depending on suit SSI and base speed of the weapon)
1 DI
Rest in Velocity.

Usually enhanced with Ash.