• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Now that having high luck seems more important than ever... (read)

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Is there anyway to get rid of the -100 (minus 100) luck on so many items I have been collecting from shame? Many of those items have very good resists and other useful mods. Somewhere I heard once (I think) that I could change the minus 100 to minus one, or even plus one luck. Is that possible? And if so, how can I accomplish that. Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there anyway to get rid of the -100 (minus 100) luck on so many items I have been collecting from shame? Many of those items have very good resists and other useful mods. Somewhere I heard once (I think) that I could change the minus 100 to minus one, or even plus one luck. Is that possible? And if so, how can I accomplish that. Any help will be greatly appreciated....

If the item is imbuable, I believe that you can imbue the -100 luck up to whatever luck fits within the imbuing weight, with 100 luck max. I've not personally tried it, but I have checked items through the imbuing menu and it seems like it would allow it as long as it didn't have too many mods or was over the imbuing limit. Hope that helps some.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The minus 100 luck is a counterweight to the other mods on the item. It has been a long time since I have seen a negative luck item with few enough mods to make that change. Good luck!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is room you can imbue -100 luck to +100 luck (I did this for my sampire jewels). Also if you enhance an item using the correct material (spined, gold etc.) you can add +40 luck.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
enhancing will actually add the plus 40 as well, it does not just counter the negative luck to -60.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
enhancing will actually add the plus 40 as well, it does not just counter the negative luck to -60.
I am now wondering just how much cursed gear I have not unraveled yet. Dang.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohhh i still ask the question...does luck work 100% in uo....it shouldnt just work in blackthorns or in doom....if luck is intended it should work throught the whole concept of the game....la!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
-100 luck no longer drops so you may want to search for new artifacts.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only if the way to get the counter to -100 luck is weighted based on your current luck ;P

if an item has 5 mods including -100 luck, you can negate it. otherwise, not sure.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have suggested before they should add a new wet stone to remove luck or positive it.
it would not effect pvp at all so it would seem to be a positive addition to me.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe not a wetstone. One of many new rewards for BoDs.

-100 luck still happens as a mod on gear. Yes it counts as a mod towards the 5 cap for imbuing. That is why the -100 luck should of been a random number. Just taking up a mod slot is the greater evil.

Not checked no the revamp loot is world wide yet. Old loot system luck had a quanity effect. Revamp loot luck has a quality effect. Swoop with high luck always had 10 items of gear as loot. Now the check would be high and low luck and do an item count.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would even work if the wetstone or BoD reward removed luck and added (if not present) cursed or one of the other negative items.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is already good place to implement it: toss -100 luck item to fountain at Underworld for chance (maybe 100%) get it removed.