• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Now i'm VERY disappointed.

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just 30' ago i logged just to say "hi" to my beloved friends ( even if i could meet them ) but sadly I noticed that both my Britannian ship also my Orc ship were gone. Hey ! I have my lighthouse so no prob at all :)

NO !!!! I opened the relocate-stuff crate ( as per the lighthouse instructions ) but i've found just a plain dress a couple o' runes.

I've tryed to recall onto my ships rune also tryed t buy new ones from the harbor master but No way...ships can't be located.

So, now, i'm seriously disappointed. And thinking to quit the game. Is the lighthouse REALLY working ?

Isn't really for the Britannian ship, as you always can buy a new one but for the Orc one, wich isn't "that" easy peas to get. Did a "GM call but "haha", it's weekend....

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I m really sorry to hear that the same bug is still hitting here and then. It s no news that ships disappear at random. You can refresh them on a daily basis but still have a bad surprise :( I dont count how many ships have been lost because of it !!
I had hopes that the lighthouse could avoid this problem but apparently not...
We all did suffer such losses Morgana and it s really a pain... Gm's cant even help on the matter (they could only when your ship was relocated the other facet - i e Feluca) and your rune couldnt locate them on Tram...
I m still hunting pirats here and then to get the deeds just in case. I do have all plans for an orc ship if you wish ?

It seems the only truly "safe" thing to do with ships is to dry dock them after every use !!!

Tell me if i can help,

Lien

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lost both my ships like that this winter and didnt replace them. One Orc ship and one Tokuno with A bunch of filled crates ans the map I pinned for my perfect route. I donr dry dock ever as one is at the Emporium for fast access and the other is full of fishing quest crates . I wasnt happy for sure, but for you fishing and public fishing events .. huge loss and im so sorry. I bet a bunch of ppl would help you with parts to a new Orc ship as we know how much this means to you. Wouldnt be your old beloved ship but woould you not be happy for a new one bein ga group effort from Europa people and friends?;)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for your loss. This sort of bug is a real pain and you would think they would concentrate some effort and sort it bearing in mind the cost/difficulty of obtaining these ships in the first place. Luckily I have not done much fishing recently so as my ships are empty I have them all dry docked. When your holds have contents ready for completing quests it is not that easy.

I do have a Lighthouse but I have never felt confident in its ability to do what it says on the tin so I have never used or relied on it. If it doesn't work why don't they take the damn things out of the game as they seem to be giving people a false sense of security.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lost a boat when lighthouses first came in; there's one thing you all have to know, and I'll put it in caps so people browsing the thread don't miss it...

THE LIGHTHOUSE WON'T WORK ON A BOAT UNLESS THE BOAT HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE WATER AND PUT BACK IN AFTER THE LIGHTHOUSE IS PLACED..

Yes, it says "Your boats are now linked" thingy when you click on the lighthouse. The lighthouse lies. It only links on placement of the boat in the sea. There may be other bugs too, but I pulled all mine back into my pack as I virtually never play any more, and I don't trust it now...

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks to everyone for all those kind words, to Lien for his absolutely fantastic offer , to M'am Mim ( yes', i had a nice chat with Her on icq yesterday nite, thanks again.. ) also to Cpt.Nemo ( hope you don't mind if i keep calling you with my both fishing - sea hunting ICON character , the one who teached me so MANY things etc ) for the tip bout Lighthouses.....Unfortunately i done it since Lighhouses came in but, it seems, i had no luck at all. Oh right, another "fun" thing is what i've found ( a plain black dress and a black floppy hat, still black ) on the relocating crate INSTEAD of my backpack.....No, i wasn't overweighted not had capped backpack ( i only carry few bandies for pet(s), a summoning bandies trinket, 4 runebooks and like 10 spellbooks...so def not "that" much. My Orc ship was a TOP target for me and when i had it i was more than happy. I did loads of merchants / pirates hunting even if alone etc. But all the "remember" linked to my Britannian ship, what we did with it ( Once again, Cpt. Nemo well know about and all those lovely folks who joined us public events ) is something that make me really sad because is all lost. Isn't for the bunch o' pixels nor for the ship cost but memories linked to it.

It's more than easy to me : real the log and see why it happened. And if it because YOUR ( item/programming ) fault you "should" payback with the same item.
What REALLY i don't understand is WHY they can't replace the stuff, since THEY designed/programmed it. For sure, i won't buy another Brit ship even if i can afford thousands of them at any time but that's not the point. It's just pointless and a waste because "something isn't working as intended = Lighthouses )

I'll let the Britain Bank Team if I left or not.

For now, thanks again to everyone.

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Morgana,
Totally sucks about your lovely ships, really really sorry to hear it - and that the lighthouse is so buggy....

But... I had been under the impression that it's only the ship cargo that's saved when a lighthouse-linked ship goes down... not the ship itself?

I have a couple of the pieces of the ruined orc ship that i am happy to donate to your cause though... (#'s 1, 2, 4 & 5) let me know if you need them.
Hope you're having a better day!

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I really don't know if the lighthouse is bugged or it lie or something like an "easter egg" but that's what happened to me . Saying so, this thread "should" be read sort of advice, to those who love sailing / fishing etc etc and run expensive ships with the lighthouse "as a backup" for mystakes.

Thanks for the lovely offer but i had a fresh new Orc ship , as a friendship donation, from Sir Lien Ragus just few days ago.

Still, PLEASE, dry-dock your ships...because nothing's safe..

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Sorry to hear that, Glad Lien sorted you out with a new one, so you can get back up and running again..
Hope you didnt miss much stuff of importance in the cargoes....
I was just about to start fishing and stuff, Got a few ships already but I rarely use them yet.... I will be Dry docking the ships as it seems that the only safe way..... And I agree this post should be as advise for others to look out for possible problems that may arise.

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Morgana I can give you one of my Brit ships (I have 2..dont ask long story) if you like, also I have some plans for an orc ship and you're welcome to those if you wish

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@ Alex : Who can say if i had something nice on chargoes...maybe few cannon ammunition and stuff...i don't think i had rares and such, hope not ! :p

@ Aragorn: well if you REALLY have a SPARE one wich you DON'T use... it's just because i loved to sort some public Deep Sea hunting for the Europa Community and , and You also know lots of memories were linked to my Brit ship and, even if the Brit one don't deal the same amount of damage that the Orc one does...it's a better "safe" one because its size ( players can run and get outta enemy fire, while you can't on the Orc one ) . Ah well...I should go mining for some iron as i have to craft heavy cannons :p