• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement November Events

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sunday, November 9th, 7pm EST – Royal Britannian Guard Meeting and Promotion Ceremony
The Captain will be holding the first promotion ceremony for the King's Guard, and will be discussing the staffing of vacant outposts with the Town Guards. The Promotion Ceremony will begin at 7, with the meeting to follow after that. Please check this page to see if you are eligible for a promotion. We should finish by 8pm. A moongate will be provided from the EM Hall to the location.

Monday, November 10th - 15th – Investigation: The Case of the Vesper Bank Robbery
Following the failed attempt to lure the thieves into a trap, Detective Thorpe has been temporarily relieved of duty. In his stead, Lieutenant Jeffrey will be assigning this case from Castle Blackthorn.

Thursday, November 13th, 8pm EST - Council of Governors Meeting

Monday, November 24th - ???
Keep an eye out for the Terror of Thanksgiving Past - he'll be keeping his on you.

Saturday, November 29th, 7pm EST - The Lord of Ilshenar
After taking last month off, Delbert the Ecologist resumes his quest to save the world from Decay. Will he find the courage to confront The Lord of Ilshenar, or will he once again be relying upon a peculiar new friend? (Hint: Don't bet on the former.)

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get points for this?
i looked on the shard webpage but couldnt find a detailed explantion. i did find a basic explantion that "reports" of the event are needed (attendence does not count im assuming?)

Could you please give an example of a report? i really have no idea how to get rank. can a report be concise? say 2 sentences? or does it have to be long, detailed, and time consuming to be eligible for points / advancement of rank.

It looks like only 5 players have been participating in the system enough for rank, could any of these players please post what they have generally done to obtain that many points?

Lord Bytor 110.05 Private *
Keenbadger
109.75 Private *
Rowan
100.85 Private *
Rodrali
95 Private *
Baudwin Wulf
73.45 Private *

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to show up to ALL Em Events, little or big. A report is what you saw, what you did, what you fought, your thoughts on current plot. Like, I believe XYZ is responsible because clues have pointed that direction etc. Yes you can be very creative or just short and sweet with a report. It gets dropped off in EM's Mailbox next to the Hall. Currently a new Detective Mission starts tomorrow. Points are earned from following the clues and filling a report. You can get anywhere from 1 to 5 (or more for doing it). This is the First Rank Sash ...
rbg1private.JPG

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bytor is on the right track.

I'm going to put a guide up as I revamp certain things on the site, however WHENEVER there is an opportunity to earn points towards rank it is mentioned in the event announcement (almost always), and as part of the event itself (always). There was a report guide up but things have changed (absorbing the old Investigator system into the Guards) so I removed it recently.

The key thing to keep in mind is that this is for the "King's Guard" branch of the RBG - so any event not billed as a Guard event or being led by one of the three main RBG characters (Olivia, Jeffrey, Thorpe) most likely won't be eligible for points. The current events involving Delbert, for instance, do not qualify. Also, I am offering a one-time transfer of rank points from one character to another (within the same account).

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I am offering a one-time transfer of rank points from one character to another (within the same account)" - Interesting indeed. So would this mean that if Character A and Character B are on same account one could give to the other ? All points or just some ? Would the Character that transferred the points ever be eligible again to gain ?

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes - but only once. Also, it would not allow you to "double up" on points from the same event. The Investigator System was set up so that you could submit reports for all your characters if you wish, and get points. I believe Adris had intended to only allow the promotion of one character per account after the first level, which is how it is for the King's Guard. The difference here is that whereas under the Investigator System my crafter could complete most of the missions, he would have a difficult time completing many of the King's Guard missions, so people may want to transfer points to a more combat capable character.

That being said, once the point totals get a little higher, I will be instituting divisions (Spellcasters, Scouts, Beastmasters, etc). I would love to have one of those be a support division for crafters and healers. I'm working out the details on this but the option to join a division won't be open until the second or third rank is reached.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see a crafting Division also. Bytor is the Crafter/Statesman :) Keenbadger is the Muscle.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The trick then will be deciding which characters to use for an event. Eventually, there may be division-specific assignments - things that everyone can do, but those within the designated division may have the opportunity to do something extra for more points.

Also, on an unrelated note, I'm having issues with something in relation to tonight's start of the investigation. I'm going to eat dinner and then come back to tackle it again, but it should be up soon.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. I searched high and low for someone and could not find him ;)

Jacuyl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
And here I have some points starting to collect and I am just an antagonist... bahahhahaha now to use the system to serve my needs

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here I have some points starting to collect and I am just an antagonist... bahahhahaha now to use the system to serve my needs
From the Catskills EM Site regarding the King's Guard:

Further, you must follow orders as given by the Lieutenant or other superior, and behave in a way that befits a Guard.

Butt covered? Check. :p

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please note the change in event schedule for the latter part of the month - I realized there was something I wanted to do before turkey day.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to update your official site also. There are those that read that ;) Thank you for getting the town criers to announce again. I thought they were all on strike for low wages, heh.

Jacuyl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hope you all enjoyed my catering and entertainment last night! I have reports that even Blackthorn was coughing.. or maybe it was just a bone in his soup? There is a designer-plague being released very soon and last night was the introduction, test run if you will. I will post plague specs soon so that people who want to play along can see the symptoms. I was the rat melting on the carpet... thanks for the fun! Loved the rat catcher haha

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I laughed pretty hard. The Captain made a big deal about needing security, and the attack came in form of rats and pies - watching them chase you guys around was hysterical, and now I have a new favorite RPC to play.

Between that and what I think will end up being a heated contest for Minoc next term, the next meeting should be quite interesting.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think there will be a few elections that need to be watched this time around. The next meeting will most likely be very interesting indeed.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know on the 9th the Guards were informed about re-manning Guard Outposts through out the realm. I was wondering on the eta on this. There are a few of the Vesper Guard that have been patrolling and even sitting for a few hours a day keeping an eye on things. I know we needed to let you know which Tower/Outpost we will be manning and the roster and times people will be there. Drop off that book to you in your mailbox ? Thanks.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, leave a book with the location coordinates (or a description of where to find it, they are kind of hard to miss) along with a few initial patrol reports. Some regiments have done this already. So long as there isn't an obvious conflict (such as, say, Britain manning a post closer to Yew when there are plenty near Britain) I will start setting them up.

I've had a few requests for specific things like innkeepers and making the area auto-logout. This isn't something that can be done, but I will be making these somewhat useful. At the end of the day, remember that anything related to the Town Guards is just designed to add another element for you to engage with through RP if you so desire.

I'll be posting details on all this soon, just need to make it to the weekend ;)