• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) November’s BSR Results, December’s Date Announced

ToniFierce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
November’s BSR Results, December’s Date Announced
(Recorded by a Wandering Reporter, who wishes to remain anonymous)
November’s BSR, the next to the last chance to be one of Baja’s 12 best Archers of 2010 and get the elusive invitation to the season-ending Champion of Champions shoot-off was held on a pleasant but chilly evening.

Toni Fierce, GM of Misfits of Society, and hostess for the event, gathered all the archers at the Skara Brae fairgrounds and the questions started; “WHY are there turkeys there? Are we shooting the turkeys? Where do I aim? Where are the buttes? Is the BSR still being held?”

These questions were expected as from a previous event the buttes were turned into turkeys for a Thanksgiving Turkey shoot and remained as such.
Toni, in a quick discussion with other M!S members decided that one butte was still available, and the BSR would go on in a single file shoot-off. A new standing point was established and after giving the nights instructions and assigning Debi, an emissary in M!S, as butte re-setter, the game was afoot.

In this round robin elimination tournament event free to all Baja Archers, higher scores are required each round for the archer to continue to move toward the nights prizes (one million in gold and a uniquely engraved bow) and a place in the season-ending champions shoot-off reserved for the 12 monthly winners.

The 1st round started and every archer except new shooter Yarah moved to the 2nd round with Cherokee being the nights first Robin hood (RH) shooter with a clean split of her second arrow with her third shot. It might be noted that the scores were low but the wind gusts were to blame as many an archer missed the bulls-eye with the dreaded inner ring shot (a 10 point shot).

The 2nd round, where 100 points is required, found the archers adjusting to the wind gusts and timing their shots. This round saw two archers, Sean Brega and Aveindha, both finding their marks and shooting RHs, while six other archers were merely perfect with three bulls-eyes. It was noticed that despite the chilly weather and gusty winds, Norrit came to the decision that clothes would hinder his accuracy and seemed to disrobe just before shooting each round. He would soon find out in the 3rd round that shooting unclothed wont help.

The 3rd round, and a crucial round where only three perfect bulls-eyes will continue your title quest, saw Calianna, Someone, RudyardSorley, Norrit (previously mentioned), Skadi, RawHeadRex (shooting while ducking a snowball barrage), and Cherokees night ending. Moving to the 4th round were FriginAzin (with a RH), Allie Kolohic (with a RH), Claudia Drusilla (also ducking snowballs), Richard Lionheart, Sean Brega, Debi, Isabella, and Aveindha. Notable shooters so far were Sean, Debi, and Allie who have yet to miss the bulls-eye all eve.

The 4th round, where 200 points usually gives you the nights crown but requires two bulls-eyes and a split arrow RH, saw not one but two shooters accomplish this feat, and a 5th round was in the works with Debi and Allie Koholik still being perfect.

A five shot shoot-off was called for by Toni. These two shooters, whether the pressure was on? The night getting colder? The wind gust picking up? with five shots BOTH scored 170 and they were still tied for the title and a 6th round was called for with another five shots from each.

The 6th round saw Allie Koholik edging Debi for the monthly title with a close 220 to 210 win. Congratulations and many hoots and hollers went out to Allie as Toni presented him with the monthly prizes.

Misfits of Society would like to thank all the archers that came to compete in November’s BSR, and all of their fans that came to root them on.

We invite everyone in the land to the December BSR which will be held on December 18th at 8:30 p.m. pst (10:30 cst, 11:30 est) at the Skara Brae Fairgrounds. December’s BSR will be your last chance of the year to win the monthly title and be included in the end of the year shoot-off, so we hope to see you there!

Score sheet for the November BSR:

(Required 70 100 150 200 Shoot-off)

Calianna 150 110 110*
Someone 70 150 70*
Frigin Azim 110 110 200 110*
Rudyard Sorley 110 110 110*
Yarah 30*
Allie Koholik 150 150 200 200 170 220 (winner)
Norrit 110 110 70*
Skadi 150 150 110*
Claudia Drusilla 70 110 150 150*
Happy Fool 150 70*
Richard Lionheart 110 150 150 150*
Sean Brega 150 200 150 150*
Debi 150 150 150 200 170 210*
Isabella 150 110 150 70*
Aveindha 110 200 150 150*
RawheadRex 150 110 110*
Cherokee 200 150 110*

* Eliminated

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent reporting anonymous. My archer had a lot of fun and especially with it being the first time she attempted it. It was great to see everyone there but the highlight of my evening had to be Allie *prancing*. There was something so wrong about that and it helped to fill the evening with laughter and fun with some wonderful people. Thank you so much for keeping this going M!S. I'll see you in December if time allows. *curtsy*

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was great to see everyone there but the highlight of my evening had to be Allie *prancing*. There was something so wrong about that
So Mama you are saying that a guy playing an a female char and "prancing around" is wrong? Hmm now that I think about it .... uh oh :coco::coco:

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so ... wearing a dress is bad ? I saw Bull Durham, the rose goes in front, I know things.
congrats Allie!