• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nov woodmen event

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woodmen event will run from Nov 20 till Nov 29 starting at 9am and end at 9 pm on the 29
prize are

1st 3 mill plus a gift that wont be told till the night of the ending
2nd 1 mil plus a gift that wont be told till the night of the ending
3nd 500k plus a gift that wont be told till the night of the ending

wood can be place in deed form and place in the vesper market mail box
and will be add up through out the week so not to over still the mail box

prize will be given out in vesper at the bank

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
our goal is to give life back to the vesper museum, the wood is turn in and once or twice a year i take the points that i have gotten from all the people who have done this event and have a grab bag auction along with other items i have gotten with my own gold, the winner is mostly @SlayerofBunnys but we do have other who run along side him my self is one of them, but the winner all way get something for there hard work, plus you keep the other item you get from chopping wood,

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the goal here? Collect wood? The different kinds? Most collected wins?
The Vesper Museum has 10 different levels of displays they can be achieved based on 'donations'. Similar to the Moonglow Zoo gold can be donated at 1 pt / 15 gold. Additionally it accepts donations of boards as follows
Normal - 1 pt
Oak - 3 pts
Ash - 6 pts
Yew - 9 pts
Heartwood - 12 pts
Bloodwood - 24 pts
Frostwood - 48 pts
Fortunately the museum will take piles of boards or in commodity deed form. Mare collects the wood and totals the pts for each lumberjack. The ones with the most points gets the rewards she listed.

The museum has what could be considered a 'gift shop' from which various items can be 'purchased' using the reward points. A few times a year Mare will use the points to get some of the high end rewards which are then auctioned off, with the proceeds then being donated to the museum.

The museum also takes various tinkerer made objects related to wood working for reward points.

The unfortunate thing is that while the reward points that an individual has obtained never decays, the point total that the museum uses to determine which displays are shown decays fairly rapidly. We are having a difficult time trying to keep it at level 3 and have rarely been above level 4. Right now to reach level 4 it needs just over 12 million points, which in terms of cash would be 180 million gold. Then to reach level 5 would be an additional 40 million points, which would be 600 million gold more. I feel the decay and/or the point total per display level need to be re-addressed.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can we do a side bet...if I can beat slayer this month?

How many pts does slayer usually get when he wins

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if I beat slayer this month Mare becomes my personal servant for one month. ( at some point in the future)

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if I beat slayer this month Mare becomes my personal servant for one month. ( at some point in the future)
Don't do it this month Mare! With the event being the week of Thanksgiving, my chopping time will be seriously cut down. Make the wager in January when us northerners will be snowed in and on equal footing.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i will post the winner as so as i can today or tomorrow, we where hit by a really bad ice storm over thanksgiving and well let just internet is not our friend right now but i will keep you updated

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear about the ice. Hopefully it won't lead to a TW win.

I was only able to chop today, so you will be pleasantly surprised with my total. There was a frostwood tree just outside my house and it stayed that way most of the day :)

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i am pull the wood right now do to i am not holding power long,
my lumberjack Erionds pull a total of 758,880 in ponits
@SlayerofBunnys pull a total of 304,348 in ponits
@TimberWolf hasnt given any wood sofar

so it look like i am the winner i have already given the 3mil gold to the museum.