• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nov 28th: TC3 Going Offline

G

Today between 4:15 pm PST and 4:30 pm PST, Test Center 3 will be going offline for an update. Please file out of the city in an orderly fashion. No pushing, shoving, or cursing. Okay you can do a little cursing. Screw it, do a lot of cursing!

We do not expect downtime to be longer than an hour. Please check the dev blog at www.tso-e.com for version notes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Any chance there will be a new chair thrown in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not this week. It will be there next week.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OY!

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOOOOOOOO!

G

TC3 is going down like a dinasaur in 20 mins. Curse, dammit, curse!

::eyes the mods:: Nvm.

G

Curse all you want. Just make sure you spell your [censored] correctly.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Um, I need more explanation on 'clearing' a space for tc?

Is it a 3rd test center where TC &amp; TC3 will finally come to rest?

I

imported_LFancey

I will reword on the blog too....

If you have 6 avatars in TC3 and one in TC then 6 + 1 = 7. Since there are only 6 viewable slots then one will be hidden. Please reduce your TC3 slots to 5. Need to make room for your TC merge avatar.

Does that help DA?

Lee

G

I believe it means to make sure you have a free avatar space out of the six allowed in TC3, to accomodate your TC avatars...otherwise the youngest ones, will be off the screen and unplayable.

M

MandiK

Is the city gone? LoL its not over on the left on the front page, and I tried to log in, and it it greyed out like its closed, and instead of showing a thumbnail picture of it, there's nothing.

O.O

R

RZH of DG

<blockquote><hr>

Is the city gone? LoL its not over on the left on the front page, and I tried to log in, and it it greyed out like its closed, and instead of showing a thumbnail picture of it, there's nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same problem here! I updated, saw the new logo, and the "new" TSOClient login screen. But I can't get in the city!

I

imported_LFancey

I have not opened the city to the public yet.

I will sound the all clear when I do.

Lee

G

Lee, if you havn't, why is the Web Services Online Lots thing say there are 6 on? o_O

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Okee. Guess I'll just wait then. Saw the new underconstruction splash thingie 4 times already and even stopped by to read the old game credits again stalling for time.

I

imported_LFancey

Lots of changes we are trying to make sure they made it to TC3 ok.

Just hold on a few more minutes.

Lee

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

That is because we are in the city.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

*gasp

Can you drop my place and turn off the coffee pot? Or at least remove the ghost door by my mailbox? hehe

D

DjMacDaddy01201

hi Lee is the city still down when i log in my house is not there says Internal error ?

W

wishywashygirl

Hey Lee... stop by my place too and see to hiring the repair man for me. There is always something broken

I

imported_SimTripps

Say you've got 2 sims in the prod cities and 2 in TC3 - would the 2nd TC3 sim be 'safe', even though it's out of the regular list of sims view? I feel like a noob for asking this lol...

I

imported_LFancey

Ok we are going to be keeping the city down for about another 30 minutes.

We are bringing over version 2.1517.0.0 that has the addtional land option fixed.

The blog will be updated.

Stand by. I have work to do but will let you know as often as I can.

This is not an problem with any hardware we are simply making a call to bring a bug fix in now rather than later.

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

PS...

Got the coffee pot for you.

Called the repairman he got stuck.

Lee

By the way this is a joke.

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

yeah, confusing a bit...i have 2 prod city sims, 1 tc sim and 3 tc3 sims on one acct....i am assuming i need to delete a tc3 sim to make a slot there for my tc sim to move...

W

wishywashygirl

LMAO! Glad it wasn't me that called since he got stuck! It tends to cost a fortune when that happens hahahah

Thanks for keeping us posted on whats going on. Can't wait to play before bedtime lol

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Hey Simm Tripps. If you only have 2 sims in TC3 you can't see them all because you are in the TSO login. When you use the TC3 login box you can see both your TC3 sims and you have 4 more slots to fill unless of course you are merging a sim from TC then you only have 3 more slots left in TC3.

If you are using your tsoclient.exe to login to TC3 you only have access to the first four TC3 sims. If you want to see all 6 slots you will need to login using tso.exe.

Hope that cleared it up for ya

G

<blockquote><hr>

That is because we are in the city.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

...eating your hard earned food. Sleeping in your beds. Feeding fried pink flamingo legs to your parrots.

Okay we're not, but we totally should. That would be fun!

D

DjMacDaddy01201

whats going on with the Internal Error my sim shows but the city and house don't show up is the game still down ????

R

RZH of DG

<blockquote><hr>

...eating your hard earned food. Sleeping in your beds. Feeding fried pink flamingo legs to your parrots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked, Parpar! You're not online! *GASP* Well, atleast not on the accounts we know of.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked, Parpar! You're not online! *GASP* Well, atleast not on the accounts we know of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good grief, you really ARE my stalker, huh?

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

whats going on with the Internal Error my sim shows but the city and house don't show up is the game still down ????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, same thing here. And I went to try and set a TC to TC3 move, and I didn't see TC3 in the list

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhhhhhhh...he hates when I call him Hyper reincarnated.

I

imported_LFancey

While we wait... lets see if we can clear this up.

When you are using the TC3 client you only see TC3 sims up to 6. Let me say that again. TC3 only sees TC3 (USE THE TSO.EXE this is the filter that allows this)

When you are using the TSO client you see TSO and TC3 sims up to 3 in other words it sees ALL CITIES. Let me say that again. TSO client sees ALL CITIES. (USE TSO.EXE)

The TC3 client is different from the TSO client and is different from the Betaville client. TC3 has six "viewable" slots. TSO has 3 "viewable" slots. BV has 4 viewable slots. Let me say that again TC3 has 6, TSO has 3, and BV has 4.

Do not mix up production (aka TSO) with TC3 with BV.

Just so we are clear.

From a single paying account and depending on how you created your avatars you can have a maximum of the following.
-6 TC3 avatars
-3 TSO avatars
-4 Betaville avatars.

Let me say that again... This is the maximum number of avatars you can have and all be available to you through a single paying account
-6 TC3 avatars (As seen from the TC3 Client)
-3 TSO avatars (As seen from the TSO Client)
-4 BV avatars (As seen from the BV Client)

This number is a maximum. Depending on how you created your avatars you may have less.

Lee

R

RZH of DG

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft!

...Says the person who can easily look up any of our names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.!
I checked to see if Lee was online first. Then I checked Niki because she is sneaky and I had the notion that she managed to find a way to get herself in. Then I looked to see if you were online.

K

Keep It Real

Why am I picturing a city full of nothing but Lee's and Par Par's right now? I'm ascared!

I

imported_LFancey

Ok we have our internal smoke test up with version 2.1517.0.0. Won't be much longer.

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft!

...Says the person who can easily look up any of our names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.!
I checked to see if Lee was online first. Then I checked Niki because she is sneaky and I had the notion that she managed to find a way to get herself in. Then I looked to see if you were online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I came third? Double you tee eff! That's it. Now I'm mock pissed.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

While we wait... lets see if we can clear this up.

When you are using the TC3 client you only see TC3 sims up to 6. Let me say that again. TC3 only sees TC3 (USE THE TSO.EXE this is the filter that allows this)

When you are using the TSO client you see TSO and TC3 sims up to 3 in other words it sees ALL CITIES. Let me say that again. TSO client sees ALL CITIES. (USE TSO.EXE)

The TC3 client is different from the TSO client and is different from the Betaville client. TC3 has six "viewable" slots. TSO has 3 "viewable" slots. BV has 4 viewable slots. Let me say that again TC3 has 6, TSO has 3, and BV has 4.

Do not mix up production (aka TSO) with TC3 with BV.

Just so we are clear.

From a single paying account and depending on how you created your avatars you can have a maximum of the following.
-6 TC3 avatars
-3 TSO avatars
-4 Betaville avatars.

Let me say that again... This is the maximum number of avatars you can have and all be available to you through a single paying account
-6 TC3 avatars (As seen from the TC3 Client)
-3 TSO avatars (As seen from the TSO Client)
-4 BV avatars (As seen from the BV Client)

This number is a maximum. Depending on how you created your avatars you may have less.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you absolutely sure Lee? And could you repeat that one more time so I can be clear on it? Thanks

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why am I picturing a city full of nothing but Lee's and Par Par's right now? I'm ascared!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm a little frightened by it too.

...and by "frightened" I mean "super excited!"

G

Question about the slots Lee, so my TC sim will be merged next week, and I have 5 TC3 sims already, I assume that is ok. What I am wondering is, if my TC sim will be the first one listed or the last.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

G

oh oh oh, another question, will this allow us a new slot in other cities for EA Land once the test cities merge?

I

imported_LFancey

Yes ma'am you are ok.

Your TC sim is the oldest right? If so it will be first.

Lee

T

Trista Lewis

Lee, So are you saying if I use TSO Client, LOL, I won't be able to see all 6 of my sims in TC3?
Cheers, LOL